PDA

View Full Version : Pick the Starters

OakMoses
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
If you could pick the Pacers starters for the rest of the season, who would it be?

OakMoses
03-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I thought some starting lineup discussion might be interesting.

I think part of the recent change has to do with Danny's return. With the Ford-Jack-Granger-Murphy-Hibbert lineup, you're putting 4 guys on the floor who need the ball in their hands to be effective. If you switch out Ford or Jack for Rush, you're down to only 3 guys who need the ball and you gain some shooting to boot.

duke dynamite
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Jack, Rush, Granger, Murphy, Hibbert

count55
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
methinks this may be a runaway.

Putnam
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Ooo. I went the same way as the majority. That almost never happens.

plutarch
03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
ford rush granger murphy hibbert

Spirit
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I chose the Jack/Rush/Granger/Murphy/Hibbert one but if it was actually possible i'd rather see Diener starting over Jack.

nerveghost
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I haven't heard many of you talk about Rasho - the guy played smart and moved the ball at the beginning of the season, now barely gets minutes. I really thought he would be a good starter this year. What do you think happened? Too old and slow? Body wore down? Couldn't provide post scoring like Hibbert? My gut says it was JOB wanted to force minutes to Hibbert in the starting lineup, and Rasho isn't fast enough to play small ball with the second unit.

Putnam
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
I haven't heard many of you talk about Rasho - the guy played smart and moved the ball at the beginning of the season, now barely gets minutes. I really thought he would be a good starter this year. What do you think happened? Too old and slow? Body wore down? Couldn't provide post scoring like Hibbert? My gut says it was JOB wanted to force minutes to Hibbert in the starting lineup, and Rasho isn't fast enough to play small ball with the second unit.

"Body worn down" is the most likely explanation. Rasho lost minutes when he stopped playing as well as he did early in the season.

It's not the "O'Brien wanted to force Hibbert into the line-up" idea. Rasho lost minutes to Foster before Hibbert started to get minutes.

And I'm not sure fast has anything to do with it. The Pacers don't run a very fast-paced offense much anymore.

idioteque
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Rasho is getting up there in age, which probably had something to do with it, and if I'm not mistaken, there haven't been too many cases in his career where he hasn't been paired alongside a rather dominant frontcourt player (Duncan, Bosh) so I'm sure that had an effect on his stamina and ability as well.

pacergod2
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
That and his whole purpose on this team was to be a large expiring contract.

MillerTime
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I would like to see Ford, Rush, Quis, Granger, Murphy

duke dynamite
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I think it's been established that Murphy as a center is BAD.

BRushWithDeath
03-25-2009, 02:53 PM

We've seen that plenty. It sucks.

plutarch
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM

come on man he is slower than hibbert that is saying a lot. he is close to worthless on defence and rebounding and offers little on offence (if his shot isnt falling he is a walking stick). i thought the same as you in the beginning of the season, i am pretty sure he started for us in the beginning.

ChicagoJ
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
methinks this may be a runaway.

Probem is, this was my preferred lineup a long, long time ago. Too bad we're just now getting to it.

ChicagoJ
03-26-2009, 10:40 AM

You really want a shot at the #1 pick, don't you. :D

duke dynamite
03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
You really want a shot at the #1 pick, don't you. :D
So he can trade it...lol :laugh:

Doddage
03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Not as a starting lineup, but I'd like to see the unit of Jack/Rush/Granger/McRoberts/Hibbert get some decent minutes.

Trophy
03-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Jarrett is the better starting PG rather than T.J. Hope Jarrett is resigned and will be our starting PG.

BlueNGold
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Jack, Rush, Granger, Foster and Hibbert.

Jack, Rush and Granger can supply the bulk of the offense. Each are capable perimeter shooters and can all drive to the bucket. Foster and Hibbert score efficiently when needed. All of these players can defend their positions pretty well...probably our best defensive group.