PDA

View Full Version : If the Pacers don't make the playoffs, who will you root for?

Shade
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm adopting the Heat as my #2 team this year. Wade is one of my favorite players, and the acquisition of JO sealed the deal for me.

Alabama-Redneck
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Either the Hawks or Portland. Both young teams and fun to watch.

:cool:

pig norton
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Usually I root for the Suns, but it looks like they'll be on the outside looking in as well. Maybe I'll follow Cleveland, but there aren't really any teams that I'm rooting for left in the playoff picture. (Other than, of course, whoever's playing Detroit or LA.)

Kemo
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Either Portland , because I like Rudy Fernandez and Oden

OR

Cleveland , because I really enjoy watching Lebron James .. He makes everyone on his team so much better because of his leadership and play .. Not to mention he seems like a nice guy and is a joy to watch ...(aside from when they are playing the Pacers, lolz and aside from his crab dribble and superstar calls sometimes lol)

I REALLY want to see Cleveland whoop the Celtics this year as well as the Lakers , if the Lakers make it to the end...

I think it will more than likely end up being one of these 3 in the west...

Lakers vs Portland .. Lakers vs Spurs or Lakers vs New Orleans

as far as the East goes ...

I think it will come down to Boston vs Cleveland

any other matchups would be a shock to me in the east finals...

But a Cleveland vs Lakers would be a damn good finals I think ..

Infinite MAN_force
03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Cleveland. Time for King James to claim his throne.

Although I will be rooting for Portland in the west, I don't think they are quite ready to contend with the lakers this year.

Looking forward to possible playoff matchups of Cleveland vs. Miami, and Cleveland vs. Boston, as well as Cleveland vs LA. The west seems a lot less interesting this year... just feels like LA will pull it out easily.

duke dynamite
03-23-2009, 10:40 PM
As per usual...I'll be uninterested.

:(

LoneGranger33
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Spurs.

Spirit
03-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I like to root for underdogs.. but other than that, I'll always root for the Spurs.

CableKC
03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm rooting for the Sixers and Cavs.....I have $$$ on both teams.

Realistically, I'm rooting for whichever Team plays the Lakers.....as long as they don't win....I don't really care who I root for...as long as it's not the Lakers winning it all.

pwee31
03-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Probably Portland in the West (even though I'm starting to hate Roy b/c of the calls he gets) and Miami in the East b/c I'm a Wade fan as well

Kuq_e_Zi91
03-23-2009, 11:30 PM
The Hawks. I love me some Joe Johnson... so smooth with it.

Peck
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
You know for about the last 8 years I have not watched playoff basketball when the Pacers are not involved. I just have not had the heart to care.

However this year I am actually thinking that I might pull for a couple of teams, well one team and then one player on a team.

I really like the Utah Jazz. They are a great team to watch and play a style that I feel familiar with.

I will also follow Orlando, but only because Dwight Howard is my favorite player in the NBA not wearing a Pacers uniform.

However that is today, come April I will probably just not care again like I have every year that the Pacers are not playing.

Trader Joe
03-23-2009, 11:39 PM
East, I'll follow the Magic and the Hawks. I'll keep an eye on the Heat as well. Also, would like to see Lebron win because it would mean a lot to the NBA.

West, Blazers and Hornets.

rexnom
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I find myself rooting for the Rockets in the West because of Daryl Morey because I think what he stands for is the future of professional basketball. In the East, I like Cleveland and Miami because of LeBron and Wade.

Midcoasted
03-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Uninterested but I'd like to see a Cavs/Rockets final. I wouldn't be thrilled but I wouldn't be pisssed off if either team wins it this year. New Orleans would be exciting, maybe.

clownskull
03-24-2009, 12:53 AM
well, the pacers are all but out. i already have them out in my book. and with them gone, i really don't care as long as the lakers don't win.
ultimately- i won't care.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
03-24-2009, 01:00 AM
The Tampa Bay Rays and the Chicago Blackhawks

grace
03-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Portland, although if they keep playing the way they've been playing lately they aren't going to go very far.

deekay85
03-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Houston Rockets or Utah Jazz

RamBo_Lamar
03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/9a/SASpursLogo2002-present.gif

count55
03-24-2009, 06:44 AM
When watching games where I don't really care who wins, I almost invariably end up cheering for the road team.

ABADays
03-24-2009, 07:06 AM
I'll probably root for any team with a coach we could have had or could have kept.

Putnam
03-24-2009, 07:13 AM
I find myself rooting for the Rockets in the West because of Daryl Morey because I think what he stands for is the future of professional basketball.

An interesting comment. Please explain?

EDIT: I know he's the stats-driven Moneyball guy. But why do you believe that's the future of pro basketball?

Alabama-Redneck
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
The Tampa Bay Rays and the Chicago Blackhawks

It's been a long, cold winter for you, hasn't it. :D

:cool:

idioteque
03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll be rooting for a LeBron-Kobe NBA Finals this year since the NBA wants me to root for stars and not the teams.

But by that time I'll have most of my sports interest dedicated to the Washington Nationals and DC United.

Will Galen
03-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Reading blurbs about the playoffs will probably be the extent of my interest. In other words I'll have just enough interest to know what's going on, but not enough interest to care.

OakMoses
03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll root for Portland and against the Lakers.

Unclebuck
03-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I always watch every single game I possibly can. I love the NBA playoffs - nothing better in sports - nothing even close. Not sure who I am rooting for. I usually root for the underdog - just so each series goes as long as possible.

xtacy
03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
I always watch every single game I possibly can. I love the NBA playoffs - nothing better in sports - nothing even close. Not sure who I am rooting for. I usually root for the underdog - just so each series goes as long as possible.

did you read my mind and write was i was going to write?

Los Angeles
03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
As per usual...I'll be uninterested.

:(

How is that possible? The playoffs are great no matter who is playing. Just my :twocents:

ChicagoJ
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Probably nobody.

I may cheer for a "scoreless tie."

Perhaps the Spurs.

I might watch the Hawks with a bit of interest because that is likely the accumulate talent-and-rebuild-via-the-draft route that the Pacers are taking. We can hope the Pacers don't hit a valley as low (or as long) as what the Hawks went through, and have fewer draft-day misses.

But I really won't care.

And if its another Lakers-Celtics finals, I won't watch again. :puke:

Los Angeles
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
And to answer the original question: In this order:

Whoever is playing the Lakers x 1000
Whoever is playing the Celtics x 100
Whoever is playing the Cavies x 10
Whoever is playing the Heat x 1

cinotimz
03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Id like to see a cavs and rockets final. Watch king james and ronnie go at it for a while.

BKK
03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
As usual I'll root like crazy for the Spurs in the west with some interest for Portland and even a little for the Rockets. Clearly whoever faces the Lakers will have my vote

As for the east I will root for the Hawks and maybe a little Miami or rather DWade. Same approach as with LA, whoever faces the Celts and the LeBrons is worth rooting for anyway

man I can't wait for the playoffs to start there should be some really really great games this year :)

BRushWithDeath
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm rooting for Portland.

And anyone but Boston.

A Lakers/Cavs series would be a dream.

duke dynamite
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
How is that possible? The playoffs are great no matter who is playing. Just my :twocents:
Are you kidding? We went through this last year. lol :laugh:

31andonly
03-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm all for New Orleans! I just like this team and think it's also a great city..however, I haven't been there!

edc
03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
In the East i will be rooting for Boston and Cleveland....

In the West.... Houston and New Orleans....

I miss Ron Artest :D

pacergod2
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
1. utah jazz
2. portland trailblazers
3. new orleans hornets
4. dallas mavericks
5. san antonio spurs
6. Eighth seed in the East assuming they play the Cavs
7. detroit pistons
8. orlando magic
9. atlanta hawks
10. philadelphia sixers
11. denver nuggets
12. boston celtics (they can beat the cavs and i like kg and ray)
13. houston rockets
14. el - dwade gets more calls than anybody but lebron - heat
15. the douchbags that won our division
16. I refuse to even say their name

Basketball Fan
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM
The Lakers

aero
03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Lakers. I'm originally from LA so ill root for my hometown team

Trophy
03-24-2009, 07:16 PM
It's deja vu all over again from last year and the year before for us

tora tora
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
D-wayne Wade and the Miami Heat!

DisplacedKnick
03-25-2009, 04:46 AM
In the West I mildly like Portland and I've always been a Jerry Sloan fan. That and whoever plays the Lakers.

In the East, I like Orlando and Cleveland and will cheer for whoever plays Miami.

ABADays
03-25-2009, 07:42 AM

There is nothing better than the NCAA tournament as far as extended "playoffs".

idioteque
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
LA Lakers. For some reason I can't help but like Kobe. I've always liked Odom and Gasol well before they got to LA.