PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley to Sacramento?

Trophy
03-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Jamaal Tinsley to the Kings in exchange for Andres Nocioni. Both players contracts aren't expiring for a while and Nocioni would be a good back up for Danny at SF

MillerTime
03-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Jamaal Tinsley to the Kings in exchange for Andres Nocioni. Both players contracts aren't expiring for a while and Nocioni would be a good back up for Danny at SF
There's no way we do this. Nocioni is a really goood player, I've been a fan for a longtime, but his contract is horrible. Also, Nocioni wouldn't fit well in the system we have right now, he's more of a defensive minded player. And he's not 'boy-scouty' enough,

Doddage
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Sign me up. Noc's contract (which is descending, so it's not that terrible) might run for an additional year past Tinsley's, but he's a player that will give you toughness, defense, and energy off the bench (or starting, if necessary) and can give you the ability to play a few positions. I'm not sure the Kings will do this since he's pretty much the only thing of value they got for Salmons and Miller (besides expirings), but considering they're in a money crunch, perhaps they'd consider it. The thing is, our team is also not doing great financially, so committing to another year of salary may not be in the Simon's best interests.

pacergod2
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I too like this trade for the Pacers. It's another 6.65M in 2011, which would eat into our cap room, but it has been mentioned plenty of times before, that cap room for us isn't a huge help.

inegdsa
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll preface this - I'm a Kings fan, but have lurked around here for a few years since I've always liked the Pacers.

Kings might do a Nocioni swap if they get rid of Beno somehow in another trade, but sadly Nocioni is actually our starting SF so he serves a purpose until we get a real answer in there.

Another idea - I'd be curious to hear what you guys think:

Sac gets
Tinsley
Pacer's 2009 1st

Pacers get
Houston 2009 1st (in the 20s from Artest/Houston trade)

Kings will have 8M or so under the cap this summer even after signing a high draft pick and despite the economic trouble have indicated they will use it to rebuild the team. So Sac could take on Tinsley without having to send back matching salary. Basically Kings take your toxic asset for 2 years to move up into the 10ish range with their 2nd pick. Pacers get cap room immediately and still keep a 1st round pick, albeit much lower

pacergod2
03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Since you guys are so much under the cap, we could do Tinsley, cash, and a future second for a heavily protected second. This would do a lot for both teams. It gives you a short term solution at PG, so you can develop a guy and let Udrih be the long term backup. The cash off-sets Tinsley's salary a bit and the second is just a little icing on the cake (even if the cake is fruitcake). We don't get anything other than Tinsley off our books. That doesn't seem like a bad deal for both teams.

inegdsa
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Since you guys are so much under the cap, we could do Tinsley, cash, and a future second for a heavily protected second. This would do a lot for both teams. It gives you a short term solution at PG, so you can develop a guy and let Udrih be the long term backup. The cash off-sets Tinsley's salary a bit and the second is just a little icing on the cake (even if the cake is fruitcake). We don't get anything other than Tinsley off our books. That doesn't seem like a bad deal for both teams.

Thanks for the response. Kings wouldn't have any use for Tinsley unless he was a means to get a 1st round pick, move up in the draft, or improve long term cap.

He seems to have negative value in the league right now, so my guess is the Pacers will either have to take on someone else's headache or give something up (pick position, contracts longer than Tinsley's) to get rid of him. Not too much though otherwise you can just wait it out. Shoot...Kings fans have been waiting for like 3 years to get rid of Kenny Thomas and his 8M + cap killing salary. It can be done.

MillerTime
03-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I'll preface this - I'm a Kings fan, but have lurked around here for a few years since I've always liked the Pacers.

Kings might do a Nocioni swap if they get rid of Beno somehow in another trade, but sadly Nocioni is actually our starting SF so he serves a purpose until we get a real answer in there.

Sac gets
Tinsley
Pacer's 2009 1st

Pacers get

Kings will have 8M or so under the cap this summer even after signing a high draft pick and despite the economic trouble have indicated they will use it to rebuild the team. So Sac could take on Tinsley without having to send back matching salary. Basically Kings take your toxic asset for 2 years to move up into the 10ish range with their 2nd pick. Pacers get cap room immediately and still keep a 1st round pick, albeit much lower

I dont think that trade would work. Sac is taking too much in salary

inegdsa
03-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont think that trade would work. Sac is taking too much in salary

Kings got a medical exception for SAR's salary so are only committed to about 45M in salary next year. So Sac can take on salary and not send it back. Just like the Marcus Camby trade last summer.

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
There's no way we do this. Nocioni is a really goood player, I've been a fan for a longtime, but his contract is horrible. Also, Nocioni wouldn't fit well in the system we have right now, he's more of a defensive minded player. And he's not 'boy-scouty' enough,

Isn't defense something our team strongly lacks? Flawed logic, man.

Contract or not, Nocioni is playing right now. He isn't at home in at Atlanta getting paid for nothing. Putting that salary towards a contributing player is actually making better use of that money than paying Tinsley.

Don't shoot down too many trades here, everyone listens to your countless proposals.

pacergod2
03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Be nice Duke. ;)

But I do agree with you on the Nocioni thing. He's a tough nosed player. Who doesn't want that. Especially on our team that desperately needs more toughness. He's a dirty player, but I love that. Grab a jersey, go hard with an elbow. All in the name of winning. He's not the kind of guy that will kick you in the junk though. He wants to win and if something will give him an advatnage he will take it. I like that. He is over-paid IMO.

Trophy
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
We need more defenders and Nocioni is a good back up SF for Danny that can play defense. Also SAC is looking to trade him shortly after aquiring him this season.

CableKC
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Sac gets
Tinsley
Pacer's 2009 1st

Pacers get

Depending on whose available at the 10th spot ( where we would pick ) and 23rd to the 25th spot ( where the Rockets would likely pick )....I may consider it. If a player doesn't make sense for us isn't available at the 10th spot and there's one that is worth it at the end of the 1st round....then I would do it mainly cuz this draft is weak and it would help us significantly on the financial/salarycap end for the next 2 seasons.

CableKC
03-27-2009, 09:45 PM
We need more defenders and Nocioni is a good back up SF for Danny that can play defense. Also SAC is looking to trade him shortly after aquiring him this season.
I agree with you on this. Although Nocioni has one additional season on his contract.....he's a strong, aggressive, enforcer-type SF/PF whose a pretty decent Defender, can shoot the 3pt shot and is only owed $6.15mil more.