PDA

View Full Version : How did you find PD?

Hicks
06-28-2004, 12:54 PM
It seems we've got a lot of members here that I'm not sure how they found us.

So please tell us your story, how did you come to be a poster at PD?

I guess I'll kick this off.

Uhh........ I started it. :laugh:

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I know I was at PD the moment it opened. I had read Indystar for quite awhile, but there were many people who irritated me so much. I saw that Hicks was going to make his own forum, so I got on right away. Saved a lot of us. It is nice to have a real Pacers forum, where people can discuss ideas without having been called stupid every 2 posts.

I forgot Hicks...when did this start last year?

SkipperZ
06-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Same here. Some people on indystar are unbearable.

Young
06-28-2004, 01:04 PM
I started at fanhome in November of 2002 and the Pacer fourm this was dead and has been until we got a new mod. [Thanks zesty.;)]

But in between there I was frustrated, posting things, starting topics and I found indystar and signed up for that but soon after that Hicks started Pacers Digest. So I signed up for that.

I was posting on PD for a little while but not much longer after the second move I believe. [This is the forth I believe?]

Then I started to post again. Not to long ago.

Mourning
06-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Well, I used to read the Indystar forum on the Pacers since early 2002, but couldnt register, so when I saw some of the frustrations on that board amount to the creation and rapid advance of this vastly superior board with the Pacer fans with the most knowledge and heart concentrated here, I didn't need to think it over at all to register and post, I love it here:bowdown:.

I don't even watch the Indystar board anymore. Only check out some of the Q&A and some Pacer articles when they are on the papers own main pages.

Regards,

Mourning;)

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I came over on the mother ship from RATS

Edit; side note, I was looking back through the first pacerdigest forum, when it was first started August 15th. I even found the thread that announced the Isiah firing, it was fun to read that agin

DisplacedKnick
06-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I was at the Star forum when you started it.

The reason why this took off early on was the goofy moderation tactics at StarNews, esp their willingness to delete threads whenever someone complained, regardless of content.

Poster Quality has been what's maintained it.

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 01:08 PM

:laugh:

That is a good way of putting it

Pig Nash
06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
I was actually looking for other phpBB forums that played the wolf game. I found this inadvertantly. Started lurking and then started posting and made the wolf game since i couldn't find it. I believe i've acclamated myself pretty well.

SjA3837
06-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I came over right when it opened.

I was a lurker at Indystar, Whenever I posted there I would be degraded because of my opinion on things... And mainly because of my age.

Hicks
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM

Middle of August. 16th I believe.

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 01:18 PM

Middle of August. 16th I believe.

Right...that sounds about right.

Zesty
06-28-2004, 01:25 PM
I used to read the IndyStar boards, but very rarely posted and eventually stopped going because I just didn't like reading it anymore. As Rommie mentioned, I recently became moderator of the Pacers forum at FanHome, and while I like that board for discussion of stuff all around the NBA, there are several very irritating posters, and that site doesn't come close to matching the quality of this one. To answer the question, though, I heard about this site at the IS boards.

Dukins
06-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I was a member at indystar forums. This is the most insightful of any pacer forum site.

birdman
06-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Posted on IS for a few months, then I made the cross over to PD right when it started up like most of us.

BigDawg44
06-28-2004, 01:47 PM
I was reading on the ESPN Pacer message board when the whole Jim Jackson rumor started up. Someone said they found a website with inside info on the situation, and that is when i started to come here and post........I must say, now when i visit ESPN boards, I realize that that board really does not compare to this one. So 3 cheers for HICKS! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! Thank you for saving me from my own doom.:bowdown:

MSA2CF
06-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Someone told me about the Indystar message boards...I quickly signed up and began to post. It was a wonderful place, until it happened...

The Random Thoughts thread, which was around 9, 700 posts at the time and was on its way to 10,000, was removed. Lots of people got angry and eventually I wandered over to PD. I sometimes post at IS, but not much. It seems most of the people over there now just post everything and anything and fail to back themselves up with solid info.

MSA2CF
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Plus the smilies kept me coming back. :P

Mourning
06-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey, Hicks, question: do you still sort of recruit at Indystar of other board such as RealGM and ISH???

Regards,

Mourning;)

Hicks
06-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey, Hicks, question: do you still sort of recruit at Indystar of other board such as RealGM and ISH???

Regards,

Mourning;)

I have in my sig at various places, a link to here, but past that not really, no.

Will Galen
06-28-2004, 02:16 PM
I was a member at indystar forums. This is the most insightful of any pacer forum site.

The same goes for me.

Mourning
06-28-2004, 02:18 PM

The same goes for me.

It goes without saying:bowdown:

bulletproof
06-28-2004, 02:18 PM

Edit; side note, I was looking back through the first pacerdigest forum, when it was first started August 15th. I even found the thread that announced the Isiah firing, it was fun to read that agin

Hey, do you have the link to that old site, UB. I want to take a stroll down memory lane. Read some of my old posts.

I found PD because Hicks posted the link on realgm. The rest, as they say, is history. Once I discovered this place, my daily post count started dwindling considerably on realgm. Never really took to the IS forum. I'd visit it from time to time, but it seemed really cliquish and hostile. Now I never even look in on it. I figure all the good posters have made their way over here.

DrBadd01
06-28-2004, 02:21 PM

The same goes for me.

Ditto

PHC Fan
06-28-2004, 02:26 PM
I've been at Indystar.com since the beginning, back when the site was accessible through www.indianasgame.com. Back then, it was a totally anonymous format. You didn't have to register with an email address or anything. I jumped on that forum the day (October-ish 1995) that it came out because it was advertised at the end of a Pacers pre-season article that I was reading at the Speedway library. I was waiting to pick up my now-wife from school....there are only 10 mos. that separates us BTW!!!!. I was the first poster on the Hoosiers and Pacers boards over there. I wasn't anonymous on there. I always included my real name and real email address. People used to make fun of me because I didn't take advantage of the anonymity. I've visited there off and on over the last 9 years, but mainly the childish antics would turn me off and I wouldn't go there for months at a time.

Anywho. Over time, the quality of the RATS board went downhill as fans of other teams started to troll around. The registering helped a little, but I agree that it became unbearable. The Colts forum is now overrun by people discussing politics!!!!!!!!

I like it over here because of the fact that Hicks and Shade and others keep it so closely moderated. I was split 50/50 on RATS (lurk/post) and PD (lurk) since Sep 2003. Now, I post on both, but I will probably soon phase out RATS and do this 85/15.

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 02:34 PM
[quote=bulletproof]

Hey, do you have the link to that old site, UB. I want to take a stroll down memory lane. Read some of my old posts.

[quote]

I have it on my home computer, I get it for you tonight.

Friday August 15th was the day

PHC Fan
06-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I found PD because Hicks posted the link on realgm. The rest, as they say, is history. Once I discovered this place, my daily post count started dwindling considerably on realgm. Never really took to the IS forum. I'd visit it from time to time, but it seemed really cliquish and hostile. Now I never even look in on it. I figure all the good posters have made their way over here.
I got turned off by the core/anti-core (mid to late 90's), new breed (last year), etc... feuds that would go on, so I understand your comment about it being cliquish. I was even drafted as being a part of the anti-core, but I went along with that because some of the core were acting very self-righteous. Oh well. I'm older and wiser, but you get sick and tired of having to wade through crap to get some good insight.

ChicagoJ
06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Like others, I had a less-than-pleasant experience early in the days of the IS/ Indiana's Game board. Since I wasn't interested in joining the clique, I didn't even lurk after that.

After three years of living in Chicago, when Isiah was fired last summer I decided it was time to find an online Pacers community to join. I started lurking at IS and some other sites right around the time Hicks started this place, and I quickly got 'hooked'.

My first post, I think, was an analysis of Kenny Anderson's game right after he was signed.

obnoxiousmodesty
06-28-2004, 02:44 PM
IS went to Hell, and I came over with the mass exodus. One of the best decisions ever.

Snickers
06-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I used to lurk on the RATS forum for years, and finally registered [though I had to use a friend's email address to do so, since it didn't accept freemail accounts] and posted maybe 12 times over the next 6 months or so.

I never really was comfortable there, and as soon as I saw PacersDigest, I signed up. I think I was on not long after it was started. But the people have always been friendlier and care more about useful conversation than childishness.

Aw, who am I kidding.... I just like the :dance:

Gyron
06-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Had just started to look at Indystar forums and got bored with all the whiners and people acting like kids, and saw a post by hicks with the forum address in the sig, and came over from there. Starting posting ashort time after that.

rabid
06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
I came over with everybody else from the Indystar forum last summer. The fact that the admins there don't actually post on the board makes it feel pretty impersonal. And, yeah, some of the posters were very, very annoying.

Doug in CO
06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
I was an avid Indy Star member way back in the day of our original ECF teams and enjoyed the community very much - there was a comraderie there and everyone seemed to be respectful of each other and we had a lot of fun.

I left a few years before this started - I lost my patience way before you guys did... and basically just was on the IUPUI mail list - whcih is mostly dead - when Bill S posted about this place a month or so ago. This place reminds me a lot of how the Star used to be - with a bunch of bells and whistles of course.

Aw Heck
06-28-2004, 02:57 PM
I was a long time lurker/sometimes poster (kinda like I am here now) on the Indystar board. I loved going to Indystar back when there was discussions and I got most of my Pacers news there.

I still visit both forums, but this one more than the other. It seems like most of the users over there are either 12 year olds, trolls, or jerks. Sometimes it's a combination. :P

Thanks for creating this site and gathering a collection of friendly and intelligent posters. I'm not sure I could've handled no alternative to the "RATS" forum.

Kstat
06-28-2004, 03:03 PM
I was a member of the pacers board back when we were all at Indystar. Like many senior members there, I got a personal invite from Hicks to join PD upon its inception, but I was a little tentative to leave until Indystar killed off the original random thoughts thread. That was the last straw for me, and ive been here ever since.

Pig Nash
06-28-2004, 03:50 PM
I came over with everybody else from the Indystar forum last summer. The fact that the admins there don't actually post on the board makes it feel pretty impersonal. And, yeah, some of the posters were very, very annoying.

I think this is the best board when it comes to Admin participation. They seem like friends instead of overlords and they are very helpful when i need to ask a question. :bowdown:

RWB
06-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Started at the RATS board for the 1st time in May of 99. Abandoned it completely after being booted off because our buddy Spicoli gave a troll a hard time and I happened to agree with him. :buddies:

Kegboy
06-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Came over on the Mayflower with the rest of the pilgrims. Not cause I had a particular gripe, per se, but, well, for those who weren't around...

You see, Hicks didn't take the Brad Miller trade very well. Alot of us were pretty worried about his mental health afterwards. I took it upon myself to come over and keep track of him, to make sure he didn't go completely off the deep end. I'm happy to report that with time, and alot of hard work on his part, Hicks once again become a contributing, if still maladjusted, member of society. :tongue:

That's why I always say to those who bring up Brad, "If Hicks can get over it, so can you."

Natston
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I came to PD as a political refuge from Starnews with just a few smilies http://www.indystar.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif http://www.indystar.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif, the signature at the end of my posts, and no respect. Since joining PD, I have obtained a bounty of smilies and avatars plus some sweet sigs. :devil: But I still haven't gotten the respect... :(

Pig Nash
06-28-2004, 06:06 PM
I think your avi is funny ns!

ABADays
06-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I was ona duh RATS dat left da sinkin' ship!

Roaming Gnome
06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I was a former :lurk: on RATS. I think I had a total of about 150 post over 3 years there as Hoop Addict. When Hicks came up with the original PD, I was there!!!

UB, Here you go to the original PD!
http://pacersdigest.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=pacers

Shade
06-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Well...here's a story...

Like most, I came here from the RATS board. For the most part, I didn't have a choice. :shrug:

I became a lurker on RATS in '99, and a regular poster in '01 after a "forum wipe." I quickly racked up a lot of posts and was involved in many, many discussions about the Pacers. Also being an :hoosiers: fan, I posted quite a bit on that side of the forum as well.

One day, I was trying to acquire an item for a friend that was going to be attending :hoosiers:, so I turned to the forum for help. Since I needed the item ASAP, I upped the thread every few hours to make sure everyone that could help would see it. For whatever reason, a poster on the forum decided to ridicule and insult me about it. I turned to the FA for help, to no avail. After a while, I finally just got sick of it and snapped back. I was banned -- he wasn't. :rolleyes:

I was already in PM contact with Hicks, as he had contacted me about writing some Pacers articles for the as-of-yet non-existant PD. When I informed him of my banning (it was via another user on the forum -- sorry, but I don't remember who :blush:), he asked me to help him test out some stuff for the forum. I was the first official member of Pacers Digest :cool: -- other than Hicks, of course. ;)

It's absolutely amazing to see the strides this forum has made since its inception. We'll have to plan something big for the pending one-year anniversary. :cool:

Btw, ns, awesome avatar. ;)

GO PONERS!!!!! :devil:

recap
06-28-2004, 08:45 PM
I used to lurk at the Indy Star forum. When this site was created, I found the lurking to be much more enjoyable here.

:P

indytoad
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah, what pretty much everyone else said. I lurked at IndyStar for a year or so, although I didn't jump ship as quickly as everyone else. But the more crap everyone gave this site, the more intrigued I became, until I finally checked it out and was converted instantly.

IndyToad
Sit and listen

Hicks
06-28-2004, 08:57 PM
I have no idea what to do for the anniversary. :(

Maybe I should get everyone else to do it for me this time, instead of me doing it for everyone else. :D

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Kegboy is right, we were all worried about Hicks when Brad left. Weren't sure he was going to make it

pacerwaala
06-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I used to be on Indystar forum and followed Hicks all the way

Anthem
06-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Ditto to the rest. I was one of the first five on both migrations.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I was mostly able to stay out of the fray at the Indystar, but although the RATS board has become a desolate wasteland as far as thoughtful content is concerned, there's still a few holdouts that have stuck with it. Twes/Pffl are both names I'd love to see on the PD registry. I saw A-Train around here a while ago. I actually really enjoyed posts by ojor and Chauncey, although they could both be a bit.... caustic.

Shoot, for sheer entertainment value you can't beat a good writerman diatribe on the importance of Robert Heinlein.

There's a long list, though, of people I ABSOLUTELY don't miss. And I'm glad the feeling seems to be mutual.

Hicks
06-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Kegboy is right, we were all worried about Hicks when Brad left. Weren't sure he was going to make it

".... Brad Miller...."

*twitch*

Hoop
06-28-2004, 11:24 PM
I started at the Indy Star Board around 95-96. Way to many Aholes over there with no mods to keep them inline. This place has alot of great posters and real Pacer fans. I also like being able to use avatars, sigs and the ability to post pictures and links freely.

Thanks PD

Lord Helmet
06-29-2004, 01:01 AM
I heard about PD at Indystar.I didn't really like Indystar that much I got sick of all the trolls during the playoffs.While I was reading Indystar I saw a thread about PD and I went there to check it out and I liked it so I registered.

MagicRat
06-29-2004, 01:31 AM
With two hands and a flashlight.......

Bball
06-29-2004, 02:26 AM
I was tied up in a cyber trunk and brought here from the IS forum. ....Probably one of the first wave.

-Bball

wallaceX2
06-29-2004, 09:11 AM
At a Homestar Runner forum (www.homestarrules.com/forum) I spend a lot of time at, Pig Nash referred me here after a post I made in a thread about the NBA playoffs.

EDIT: My screen name is "tape-leg2" at that board, if anyone is interested (Shade, you like Homestar, right?)...yes, I can feel everybody that doesn't know what tape-leg is looking at me very strangely right now.:P

PHC Fan
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
At a Homestar Runner forum (www.homestarrules.com/forum) I spend a lot of time at, Pig Nash referred me here after a post I made in a thread about the NBA playoffs.

EDIT: My screen name is "tape-leg2" at that board, if anyone is interested (Shade, you like Homestar, right?)...yes, I can feel everybody that doesn't know what tape-leg is looking at me very strangely right now.:P

As in "so long that you have to tape it to your leg"? :eek:

Why in the world was it me who took that bait?

kerosene
06-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I stumbled over from IS when Hicks started the first board to see what the fuss was about.

Hicks and able and now Rabid have put in a ton of work on the forums and I'm very, very appreciative of that but it's the posters that make this forum what it is.

cramerica
06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
IS board. Don't post alot as I used too, but it'll change.

Ant
06-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Browsing the IS boards and heard this place mentioned, checked it out and saw how much better it is

Shade
06-30-2004, 03:52 AM

"Man, I ain't no tape leg!" :arrgh: :devil:

Fool
06-30-2004, 08:13 AM
:boomer: <---- This is the reason I am here. Someone posted a question about Detroit firing Carlisle on www.detroitsportsrag.com and had it in their sig. I did a search for it and ended up here. About a week or two later one of my buddies (BabbleOn, he's posted a couple times) mentioned to me that he lurked this place and it was worth while. I had looked at it a couple times before then but with his recomendation I started paying attention to the place and here I am.

able
06-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Lurked 2 years at IS, then finally started posting, guessing the sore and such when the wars (oc - nc nb) raised, silenced myself, heck no one read what i posted andyway and many a threat has my opinion as the final post :D

Saw what happened with PD, lurked at the first one, didn't like the format, lurked at the second (yes yes I DID reg) and started posting be it hesitantly. again expecting everyone to think it was not worth reading anyway :) but then I have an opinion so why not post it :)

The they shut it down because it was to busy and I've always been a sucker for a good line, so i told hicks I would host it.

That was not realizing he needed me to set it up :)
Then we discussed the new software and here we are, now I am the first fulltime unpaind employee on the board :D

But I can POST! and sometimes people even react on my posts!! WOOHAHH

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

A-Train
06-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Long time poster on the Indy Star forum. The split that happened back when the IS "Nazi" decided to start deleting posts over there led to this forum's origination, thanks to Hicks.

My inability to post as often as I used to happened around the time of the split, so I've yet to ingrain myself into this forum as it exists today.

Keep up the good work, fellow Pacer fans!

A-Train
06-30-2004, 11:47 PM
I've been at Indystar.com since the beginning, back when the site was accessible through www.indianasgame.com.

Now THERE's a blast from the past! Indianasgame.com was the beginning of it all!

Terrymo
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I had been on the Indy Star forum and was eventually not able to post anymore for reasons unknown. I saw a link to the Pacers Digest and gladly came on board. I don't post often but read on a regular basis. Thanks Hicks for starting the best forum ever and keep up the good work. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Suaveness
07-07-2004, 05:13 PM
:devil:

SoupIsGood
07-07-2004, 07:21 PM
I must be the only one here that's never even been to the IndyStar forum before. I'm a googler myself. I typed in 'Pacers', and hit I'm feeling lucky, I think.

Raskolnikov
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
bumpedie bump.

Interesting thread.

It was 'google' that led me to PD somehow.

And it was 'search forums' that led me to this thread somehow.

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
In a drunken rage.

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Interesting to read this again . . . I guess.

I mean I must have read it the first time because I posted in it, but I don't remember doing so.

Really interesting how Able got hooked. Funny how he tells it too!

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I am so much older and wiser now.

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I am so much older and wiser now.

I've noticed that! (grin)

You have a different name too!

PaceBalls
02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
It started with the ESPN Pacer boards for me in 2002.
Then I found the indystar forums in 2003, then I read about Hicks starting PD on the indystar forums after the mods started deleting threads and whatnot.

I'm glad found this forum! this is where i get all my crucial Pacers info ;)

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Hicks had it in his sig on RealGM, I lurked for a few months. I learned so much about basketball from the posters here mostly UB and Peck. Easily the best Pacers site on the net, dont know what I would do if it closed down one day.

FrenchConnection
02-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I used to lurk on the Indystar boards for a while, but there seemed to be more Pistons' fans there than Pacers' fans. Then someone mentioned PD there and I took a look and lurked here for a longer while. Then, during the whole Artest business, I decided to post because there was so much to talk about.

Ragnar
02-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I was a former :lurk: on RATS. I think I had a total of about 150 post over 3 years there as Hoop Addict. When Hicks came up with the original PD, I was there!!!

UB, Here you go to the original PD!
http://pacersdigest.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=pacers

I am pretty sure thats the 2nd board. I think the first board is gone forever.

P.S. I also came over on the Mayflower. The evening that PFFL's infamous post was deleted was the last straw for me over there and it just so happened that PD was starting anyway.

sweabs
02-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Since I haven't posted my story, I'll attempt to do so now.

I was fairly new to the whole "message board" concept, and noticed that pistons.com had one of their own. I quickly went back to pacers.com to see if they had one, but didn't see one and figured that if I wanted to talk basketball I'd have to stick with the website that had one; so I was a resident Pacers fan on pistons.com for a while. It wasn't good...but I made do. Being the n00b that I was, I figured that the only message boards out there would be on the team website.

Anyway, one day a kid posted a thread on pistons.com along the lines of "look at what Pacers fans are saying about our last game..." - and had a link to Pacers Digest. Then, all was normal.

abington
02-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I came over with the original group from RATS. I had really liked RATS and then almost overnight it began to stink. My last real memory was PFFL's infamous post about Donnie and Isiah which I never had the opportunity to read.

Fireball Kid
02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Like many others, I was trapped in a black hole that was Indystar, till I was graced with the holy place that was PacerDigest. How I found it? I kinda dont remember but all I know is this place is cool and I'm never leaving:rock:

Los Angeles
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Might as well tell my story.

I lurked around different forums mostly at the prodding of an old co-worker, PD was one of them, but the old software/server setup used before this one was so slow and painful that I didn't really came here often.

But mostly I didn't like forums in general. It was my office mate's shtick, I didn't see the appeal of reading 800 "LOL"s and 1200 "WTF"s a day. Nor did I like the need for many posters on other forums to start with "You're an idiot!"

Then last year, there was a brief AJ interview in the Star where he was asked about what he did recently on his computer. His reply was something like: "I was on the [indystar] forums. Those people are so far off it's funny." The "indystar" was added by the editor, and I fell for it. I went to the indystar forums to find out what he was talking about specifically and started reading. The season was starting and I had just recently moved out of the midwest, so I didn't have my Pacers fix.

Three or four weeks later, the brawl happened and indystar (already a mess) became unreadable. I gave PD another shot after I was reminded of it on an indystar post, and that's pretty much the end of that story.

Hicks
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I am pretty sure thats the 2nd board. I think the first board is gone forever.

No, that's the original in that link; the colors have just been changed since then.

Tony Valente
02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Interesting thread. I guess now it is even more interesting cause many non-Americans apeared here (including me). I don't remember exactly how i found it. I guess some guy on some Romanian forum linked some thread here regarding something once and that's how I found it and joined. Lovely place indeed, this forum.

317Kim
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Cool thread.

I found PD while googling "I love the Pacers!" .

CableKC
02-14-2006, 05:03 PM
I found PD through some link on some Pacer RealGM thread. I now come to PD and post more about the Pacers here then I do on the Pacer RealGM forum.

pacercoltfan
02-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Pizza Guy told me about it on the Colts.com message board!

Thanks! Pizza Guy! :2tup:

Pig Nash
02-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I was actually looking for other phpBB forums that played the wolf game. I found this inadvertantly. Started lurking and then started posting and made the wolf game since i couldn't find it. I believe i've acclamated myself pretty well.

Oh god, really? I thought it was from the RealGM board or something, it seems like I've been here forever.

And this is really getting me wanting to start another wolf game. ABLE!!!

Raskolnikov
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Stop quoting yourselves, people!

Raskolnikov
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Stop quoting yourselves, people!
Really I'm not kidding.

Not.

Pig Nash
02-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Why not? :whoknows:

:amen:

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I came from Rats, where I mostly just read posts. I got sick of the flaming and nonsense, and found PD. I haven't been to Rats since...

George Foreman
02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I've just kinda floated around. I went from RATS to Real-GM and found this site while I was searching for Pacers stuff on google.

ReGGiesBoOmBaby
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I found PD by searchin for something to do with Colts, but I cant remember what. But I'm thankful for whatever it was!

Spicoli
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I've just kinda floated around. I went from RATS to Real-GM and found this site while I was searching for Pacers stuff on google.

I would have thought you'd found this place while grilling some chicken on your machine? :confused:

N8R
02-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I found out about it from rcarey. He told me and I signed up.

cramerica
02-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I went to the proboards board and checked my PM's and I had a couple of PM's in there from Zep. RIP Zep. :(

pizza guy
02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Hoopsforlife told me about it. He had been here for a little while, and I was a regular member of the Colts board, so he figured I should be on a Pacers board as well. Here I am, stuck. Thanks Dad....;)

GO!!!!!
02-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Converted over with the main crew when this place first stated after having posted at the ratS board for a couple years, was some what sceptical about it all but those doubts are long gone..

If anything I'm a proud proud member

Lithfan
02-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Pacers#1fan invited people from Jasikevicius.com to come over and so I did. Actually I was searching for Pacers fan board on google, but didn't find any (in 2 minutes i've dedicated to it). That means you don't have good enough google rating?

SwissExpress
02-15-2006, 06:56 AM
I found a link to it in the kingsfanclub.com.

Before that I used to post a bit in the hoopsworld.com's forum. It has sections for all NBA teams, which is rather convenient, but it's mostly visited by Lakers fans. And Pacers fans here for some reason concentrate on Jessica Alba:)

Will Galen
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Pacers#1fan invited people from Jasikevicius.com to come over and so I did. Actually I was searching for Pacers fan board on google, but didn't find any (in 2 minutes i've dedicated to it). That means you don't have good enough google rating?

That depends on what you google. I put my findings in the Shout Box rather than hijack this interesting thread.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=346521#post346521

Dukins
02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
I remember when hicks first started this site a few years ago. I converted from "rats" as you guys call it.

Harddrive7
02-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Definitely migrated over from RATS when this was being "built" if you will. I rarely ever go back there. I check this board throughout the day which makes the day a little easier to get through.

You guys do a hell of a job here.

Thank you!

ssmall
02-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Google is my friend. And when i found this place i never planned on leaving.

02-15-2006, 09:06 AM
I dont remember what i typed in google i found this.. and then i fell in love! Biggest Pacer forum according to me and many really polite, friendly, classy and intelligent people in here who can really Talk their *** of about basketball / pacers, with big knowledge to! Cant get any better!! I lurked for a awhile tho in lack of confidence about my english grammar, that confidence growed and here i am! :)

Indyfan
02-15-2006, 10:32 AM
This is a fun thread to read, I don't remember it from '04.

I also came over as a lurker from rats when Hicks first started this forum. I really enjoy the good humor and the intelligent posts on here. I also appreciate the fact that Kstat, fool and other non pacers fans are not just a bunch of trolls here. I couldn't stand rats with all the non pacers fans who were flaming and trolling over there. I don't post a lot, but I defintely appreciate this forum. Thanks Hicks!

Doug in CO
02-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Bill S told the small Pacers email forum about it a few years ago

Mr. Pink
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I looked around the Rats forum for about a month. Never posted, because it just didn't seem right...or something. I was one of the first members of PD. I go on posting streaks here and there.

This place is not only good for Pacer talk, but during the off-season we find some stupid **** to do around here. Good time waster. :)

penbert66
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I came over from ratS when the guess the score migrated here. I knew of the site before then via a friend but didn't visit much.

Scott

Believe_in_blue
02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I lurked at rats for awhile then I saw something about PD on there so I came over and lurked here for a long time. I joined last summer and havnt been back to rats.

blow
02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, Google helps. Type "Indiana Pacers message board" in the field and you find it. The best fan forum of those I know. Good luck, guys.

Shade
02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I can't really say how I "found" PD, as it didn't yet exist when Hicks first told me of his brainchild. I was a poster on RATS for a few years before I got the axe for going off on someone on the Hoosiers board over there.

But I was the first official member of PD (outside of Hicks, of course). :D

BillS
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Interesting, I didn't post the first time around...

I tried to maintain my loyalty and stick with the RATS board after The Brawl (no, not that one, the forum one) and just couldn't manage to do it. I was irresistably drawn to the Dark Side and finally made the switch about a year later.

Shade
02-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Interesting, I didn't post the first time around...

I tried to maintain my loyalty and stick with the RATS board after The Brawl (no, not that one, the forum one) and just couldn't manage to do it. I was irresistably drawn to the Dark Side and finally made the switch about a year later.

"BillS is in the stands!"

waxman
02-15-2006, 06:39 PM
The coordinates of my improbability drive left me off right here.

ghost
02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I didn't find PD, PD found me. And is not leaving me alone...:D

skyfire
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I joined PD sometime before the start of the 61win season. I had been in serious basketball withdrawel as it was the offseason of the NBL. I had started devouring everything I could on nba.com to fill the void. I had been vaguely following Reggie ever since he torched the Australian national team in the '96 olympics. My basketball fix was still lacking so I googled for Pacers forum and discovered PD.

8.9_seconds
02-16-2006, 01:24 AM
I was having a breakdown at the moment searching desperately for anything that even said Reggie Miller, typed Reggie Miller.com, on a whim, and was redirected here. I lurked for like a week and then joined and stated that Hitler threw the cup. Oh boy, and that was almost a year ago........

beaversnducks311
02-16-2006, 01:33 AM
heard about it through TheToxicAvenger, Diamond Dave, and Peck.

indygeezer
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
I was one of the originals PM'd by Hicks to join.

Along with Spicoli, TWES, PFFL and a couple of others (?) we made up the bulk of the Random Thoughts Thread that was dumped by the Star (two subsequent tries were made and unceremoniously dumped w/o explanation. Then PFFL went PFFL and the whole place started degenerating.

Came over here immediately upon it's open but (ok I'm going to be discreet here) everybody was running amok. John Belushi and Animal House had nothing on what was originally happening here. I didn't dare open this site at work because of the language. I told Hicks why I was returning to the RATS board and he agreed it was out of hand. IIRC that was when a Moderator was 1st introduced here. And it has become one helluva site since then.

I do still maintain dual citizenship with the RATS board but very seldom post there and almost never outside the *** thread.

Major Cold
02-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I was posting at espn looking for an article on Brad Miller wanting to come back to the Pacers after his contract was up. So i googled and found it on this site. Then I saw that there were 180 people viewingthe site and about pooped myself. Most boards have 20 active posters top. So I decided to start posting here.

RWB
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I was one of the originals PM'd by Hicks to join.

Along with Spicoli, TWES,
Then PFFL went PFFL and the whole place started degenerating.

Geez, I never figured on hearing from PFFL after his meltdown on RATs and here a short time later since some personal stuff was going on. But man TWES was totally different. Been a long time and he just kind of disappeared. I don't frequent the Star board at all, any sign of him?

BillS
02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Geez, I never figured on hearing from PFFL after his meltdown on RATs and here a short time later since some personal stuff was going on. But man TWES was totally different. Been a long time and he just kind of disappeared. I don't frequent the Star board at all, any sign of him?

Yeah, I still miss PFFL a lot. I remember hanging out with him and Bubbles at Conseco opening night. Last I knew they'd moved out west - Seattle, I think. Dunno if they've had any more kids. When they moved, the email address I had for them stopped being useful.

indygeezer
02-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I still miss PFFL a lot. I remember hanging out with him and Bubbles at Conseco opening night. Last I knew they'd moved out west - Seattle, I think. Dunno if they've had any more kids. When they moved, the email address I had for them stopped being useful.

TWES posted here a couple of times about 10 months ago (guessing) and hinted about messing up his life and then disappeared. PFFL (?) man the last I heard he was still in C-bus Ohio (shows how up-to-date I am there). What was his wife's sig, fer the life of me I cannot remember.:cry: old is a beyatch.

Slick Pinkham
02-16-2006, 06:58 PM
came here from RATS at the beginning, was involved in the randon thoughts banter with Twes, PFFL, BConn, geezer, and others.

I was on a long European vacation (2 weeks) when this forum was born and I had very limited access to the internet. Kinda surprised me what all went on in those 2 weeks.

I miss Twes and PFFL too. I sent Twes a PM on IndyStar a year and a half ago. He sent back a short reply a few weeks later:

"As you can see I haven't logged in for awhile. Sorry about the late response. I'm still alive and kicking. So far."

Then nothing. No posts over there ever since, and didn't see him pop up here.

NaptownBound
02-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I lurked on the Indystar boards and someone brought up PacersDigest.com... so I came over here and lurked for a while.

At the beginning of this season, I signed up and have been here ever since.

Anthem
02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I think I was employee #3, right behind Hicks and kerosene.

Robertmto
07-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Pig Nash told me about it.

aero
07-10-2006, 07:00 AM
I was looking on google for NBA fan forums, i got sick of posting on non NBA forums discussing the Pacers so i desided to look for a Indiana Pacers forum and i have found what ive been looking for. This forum rules

Dukins
07-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Been here since the beginning, i just dont get to post often because of work. I can remember you hicks on indystar. Actually I remember alot of the veterans from indystar here. Much Much better than rats. A great pacer forums with good substance. I can also catch up on everything that i missed.

Trader Joe
07-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I was clubbed in the middle of the night and brought here against my will. I now sit in a dark room all day and am forced share my infinite knowledge with everyone, except Jermaniac because he is dat dude and may very well be the one that clubbed me and brought me here.

clemdogg
07-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I was interning at ESPN radio, and one of my fellow interns was on it. I'm not sure of his username on here though. It was just about a month ago.

btowncolt
07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
btowncoltŠ

Leisure Suit Larry
07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
i heard it mentioned over at realgm

Iceman1
07-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I first heard about it at the RATS board. I was looking for a Pacers board without all the Pistons trolls turning every topic into something about them. I lurked for a while and finally joined. I'm glad I did.

McClintic Sphere
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I fell through a seam in the time-space continuum and landed inexplicably in PD land. Does anyone know how to get back?

rexnom
07-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Aw_Heck told me about it.

CompACE
07-10-2006, 12:51 PM
My Bro (REL31) told me about this forum.

- Before becoming a member here, I used to goto espn.com's basketball (general/team) forums. That was probably one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever had on the net. Their forums are filled with insane 17 player trades and other nonsense.

The only good thing we (REL31 and I) got out of going there was one time, we managed to get the posters on the chicago bulls forum to believe that the bulls were changing their logo colors to salmon and denim. That was good for a few laughs.

Trader Joe
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I was interning at ESPN radio, and one of my fellow interns was on it. I'm not sure of his username on here though. It was just about a month ago.

I know it.:-p

Mourning
07-10-2006, 01:30 PM

Speaking of which??? It's the off-season, so anybody willing to start up a new Wolfgame? :)

PaceBalls
07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I've been here since the beginning too. It used to be just the star and the posts were always such flamefests, it sucked.

I'm glad yall are still around, this is where I get all my pacer info daily :)

JayRedd
07-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Was posting more over at basketballboards.net's Pacers forum, but it got to be a little too much fanboy sentiments and not enough actual analysis or opinions.

MarionDeputy
07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Was poking around the RATS board during the opening of PD. I was going to both for awhile, but now I only come here!!

travmil
07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I lurked and posted over at RATS for a while, mostly on the Colts board though. I knew of PD while I was there, looked a few times, but never joined. At the time, the Colts board over at RATS was absolutely overrun by New England Chowds that absolutely refused to let you feel good about anything the Colts were doing. Then one of the best posters over there, realityczar, completely went off on one of them that was doing nothing more than trolling. 'Czar got banned, and the chowd didn't, and that was too much for me. At that exact moment, Hicks posted on the RATS board that PD was opening a new Colts board to go along with the Pacers board. I joined, and the rest is history.

fwpacerfan
07-10-2006, 04:25 PM
I came over with the original crew from RATS. The trolling was bad over there then but nothing like it is now. This is the only place to get Pacers info.

kerosene
07-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I washed ashore in the initial wave ;)

VF21
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I've always had a warm spot in my heart for the Pacers, since my Dad was an Indiana farm boy from Lynn. Once we got Brad and you got Pollard, I was curious to see how you guys would accept our strange Samurai Scot. I tried a couple of Pacer message boards, but they just weren't very much fun.

I finally joined in August of 2004 but I don't really remember how I found you. I think I may have followed Hicks from another site.

I like it here because your board is a lot like ours. And reading your threads always reminds me of my dad.

tdubb03
07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I used to post on the RealGM forum a bit, mostly lurked. Saw a few links, read a few posts of people mentioning it. The rest is history.

Unclebuck
07-10-2006, 06:25 PM

Interesting. Does Greg Rakestraw check this place out.

Pig Nash
07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Speaking of which??? It's the off-season, so anybody willing to start up a new Wolfgame? :)

Your wish is my command.

GO!!!!!
07-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Thought i had a deja vu, post erased as allready said on page 4

damn, some of those names, I miss reading PFFL and Twes and the others O P's unreal, they were a real bunch of charakters and seemeed to know everything Pacer related and beyond

Hope they get back in touch one day

Chauncey
07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
My best Pacerfan friends, Dancing Harry, Shade, ****** (he who shall not be named, but is on my MySpace), Jonz and Scott H all begged and begged for me to rejoin this site for decades. Within the past year, I relented as my defenses to assimilation had been worn down by their begging and pleading.

Shade particularly noted in several emails to me that he even missed my drunken outbursts. I'll never forget the poem he wrote for me, which finally tipped the scales:

How I love thee, Chauncey,
Let me count the ways.

One you are a genius,
Never have I seen this
much basketball insight
displayed as by you night after night.

Two you are an orator,
way more powerful than Skelator

Three, finally, like every good man,
You are a Lakers stan.
Against my Pacers,
Kobe will never waver.

DrBadd01
07-10-2006, 08:01 PM
moved over from RATS when it opened.

A-Train
07-10-2006, 11:22 PM
I've been at Indystar.com since the beginning, back when the site was accessible through www.indianasgame.com.

Wow, that brings back memories. The begining of it all!

Anthem
07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Shade particularly noted in several emails to me that he even missed my drunken outbursts.
Wait... that was YOU?!?! I thought it was your roommate! :flirt:

:laugh: Good times.

Horseman872
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
i don't remember. i think i clicked a link that i found on the mavs forum that my friend linked me to while i was searching for the pacers forums.

SycamoreKen
07-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I came over in the Mayflower truck when it opened. This was Hicks' Hoosier Dome. Build it and they will come.

Oh yea. Welcome back Chauncey. I know its late, but no matter how much I disagreed with you, you always made the place lively.

rel
07-10-2006, 11:45 PM
...i don't even remember

Chauncey
07-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Wait... that was YOU?!?! I thought it was your roommate! :flirt:

:laugh: Good times.

Errrr, umm..yeah.....

Shade
07-11-2006, 12:35 AM
My best Pacerfan friends, Dancing Harry, Shade, ****** (he who shall not be named, but is on my MySpace), Jonz and Scott H all begged and begged for me to rejoin this site for decades. Within the past year, I relented as my defenses to assimilation had been worn down by their begging and pleading.

Shade particularly noted in several emails to me that he even missed my drunken outbursts. I'll never forget the poem he wrote for me, which finally tipped the scales:

How I love thee, Chauncey,
Let me count the ways.

One you are a genius,
Never have I seen this
much basketball insight
displayed as by you night after night.

Two you are an orator,
way more powerful than Skelator

Three, finally, like every good man,
You are a Lakers stan.
Against my Pacers,
Kobe will never waver.

OFT

And I brought beer. :eyebrow:

PacerFan31
07-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Interesting. Does Greg Rakestraw check this place out.

Nah, actually it was me. I check the site out pretty much everyday at ESPN Radio.

(Tyler)