PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY

pacergod2
03-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Would it be absolutely crazy for the Simons to make the last ten games of the season absolutely free to whoever wanted to come and PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF IT? Make sure the arena is filled so people remember and our players know what it feels like to play in front of a packed house. They would probably gross more in vending revenues than they would selling the damn tickets for $5 a pair. Make people show up a little early if they want in. Forcing them to spend a little more time in the Fieldhouse and a little more dough on food, beverages, and Granger jerseys :happydanc . Just remind the community what the Pacers have been for so long and not just that five year stretch. The Pacers need to reach out to the community in an aggressively positive way. Maybe that would cost a fortune, but I think it would do wonders for the future. Let the fans get close to the players before hand and watch them warm up, get autographs, etc.

I do see issues with season ticket holders however, but I think they would almost prefer the better environment for a game.

Raoul Duke
03-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah that'd be a madhouse though and what about the people who have seats? How would they protect theirs from someone coming and taking it?

pacergod2
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Madhouse isn't good at this point? Logistics would be difficult, but I am sure it is someone's job to figure that out who knows a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Why not just make the tickets free, but you have to get one. That way every seat is still protected.

Trader Joe
03-20-2009, 07:39 PM
If people don't come out for the $5 tickets, then they aren't going to come out for free tickets.

Twes
03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I honestly don't think that would do anything to sell tickets.

It almost adds to the perception that the games aren't worth seeing.

Winning is what they need of course.

Putnam
03-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't think it would work. The cost of tickets is not the problem.

Seriously, when was the last time someone said to you, "I'd sure like to go see the Pacers, but I can't afford the tickets"?

The problem is the Pacers aren't connecting with a wide enough share of the public.

Spirit
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
This would **** the season ticket holders off badly. It'll never happen and it would be retarded if it did because it would put the Simons in an even worse financial bind.

Bridge
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
This is part of the reason why I'm not renewing. I can get cheaper tickets from all the promotions. Season ticket holders got screwed this year.

The fear of the team moving doesn't sit well with me either.

Unclebuck
03-20-2009, 10:48 PM
they had over 17000 tonight and are expecting a large crowd to see the Heat next week, and they still have the cavs, and Spurs coming in. No it would be stupid

Naptown_Seth
03-21-2009, 10:44 PM
That Mavs crowd was pretty full. Well short of sold out but not a shabby crowd for the team's record. Of course it was $5 fueled, but whatever. The point that you are going to get what you get at the $5 price point is legit.

Heck, I was there on a Blue Friday deal to supplement my mini-plan.

duke dynamite
03-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I just got a total of 20 tickets for 5 games...FREE.

Pacersfan46
03-22-2009, 06:36 AM
This is part of the reason why I'm not renewing. I can get cheaper tickets from all the promotions. Season ticket holders got screwed this year.

The fear of the team moving doesn't sit well with me either.

That's some bad logic. You fear the team moving so it helped you NOT get season tickets renewed? Doesn't that make it MORE likely they'll move?

I dunno, just seems like backward logic. Maybe it's just me.

-- Steve --

Spirit
03-22-2009, 10:56 AM
how

duke dynamite
03-22-2009, 11:52 AM
how
I renewed early.

JonnyB83
03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
speaking of season tix i just got me some for next year 3rd time in 5 years i think. just did the math yeah 3rd time in 5 years. im pretty pumped. i dig the seats. when i went to check the out a couple weeks ago i fogot to look to see if we could see the stat board. kinda worried about that. but either way they're sweet and im pumped!

Shade
03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, it would be crazy.

Almost as crazy as this:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0120/nba_a_artest_195.jpg

YoSoyIndy
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM

I think I got the same offer - was it sent to your personalized page? It was nice -- forwarded them to all my family. Cool to have everyone at a game.

duke dynamite
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I think I got the same offer - was it sent to your personalized page? It was nice -- forwarded them to all my family. Cool to have everyone at a game.
Bingo.