PDA

View Full Version : Something caught my attention today...

duke dynamite
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
As I was getting out of my car today, in the space next to me there was a white BMW with Florida plates on it. But not just any Florida plate. A Miami Heat plate.

Forgive me if I missed something, but what is keeping us from doing like them? I mean I currently have a Colts plate, and I know some of that money went to fund the stadium.

What is keeping us from making Pacers license plates and using the administration fee to cover some of the costs to operate the Fieldhouse?

At least the people who are buying the plates are most-likely fans of the team.

Thoughts?

I do not want this to start a political debate, either.

BillS
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I'd put one on my wife's car (I have a Rose-Hulman plate on mine).

Naptown_Seth
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
My checks are Pacers, my bank card is Pacers, my plate holder is Pacers.
I'm thinking I could find a spot for one. :)

I have wondered why it was never an option.

nerveghost
03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Because not many people would buy them?

Not trying to be sarcastic here - just relaying the general impression I get from my acquaintences - which is usually "Pacers? Who cares?"

idioteque
03-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Because not many people would buy them?

Not trying to be sarcastic here - just relaying the general impression I get from my acquaintences - which is usually "Pacers? Who cares?"

The last time I went to the Indiana DMV, I saw a poster with every vanity plane on it and there were some on the poster that I've NEVER seen on a car.

Los Angeles
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I bet this could be solved with one phone call from the front office.

travmil
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I thought that you had to have a non profit set up to get a specialty plate for your organization. The Colts aren't a non profit so maybe they did something to set one up through the CIB with the stipulation that the money went to LOS. I don't see why the Pacers couldn't get a similar arrangement though.

nerveghost
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.in.gov/bmv/4660.htm

Each plate purchase supports the Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority to help defray the costs of the Lucas Oil Stadium and Convention Center expansion project.

DGPR
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I would buy a Pacers license plate to keep the Pacers, and I would buy one even for the fun of it.

duke dynamite
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Let's push for one!

I'd ditch my Colts plate in a heartbeat for a Pacers one.

Kraft
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Back in the day, I signed a form to get a journalist plate. Apparently, you had to have X number of people willing to get one before they'd make it.

Surely, this could be done, with the money sent to the city to pay for operating Conseco ... after Indy takes that away from the team one day ...

Trader Joe
03-20-2009, 04:11 PM
At my apartment complex in Bloomington, there are two identical black BMW 3series both with Miami Heat plates.

duke dynamite
03-20-2009, 04:22 PM
At my apartment complex in Bloomington, there are two identical black BMW 3series both with Miami Heat plates.
It's wierd because this was a white 3 series and it was in a Bloomington Parking Garage.

Spirit
03-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd love to rock a Pacers license plate on my car.

JonnyB83
03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
i'd get pacers plates in a heart beat!

Smoothdave1
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
When I first read the thread, I thought you were going to say you saw Marquis Daniels out somewhere as he drives a white beemer with Florida plates. But we definitely need a Pacers plate design. Surely there would be enough willing buyers.

pacergod2
03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I would change my residency to Indiana to get one. At that point the license plates on my truck might be worth more than the truck itself. PROOF that I am a mid-westerner at heart. And a PACERS fan of course.

mildlysane
03-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I hear on 101.9 (I know, I'm old) all the time about the "John Lennon" plate. They are gathering signatures to petition the State to allow it here. I guess it exists in other States. I think the proceeds go to feeding the homeless or something. Not that this is totally relevant to the topic, but I just wanted to provide an example about bringing new vanity plates to the BMV.

Roaming Gnome
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Honestly, if someone with some juice could talk to someone important at PS&E... maybe, they could convince someone that the "Pacers Foundation" could benefit from the proceeds of a Pacers vanity plate.

Hey, if one was available.... I'd buy it, maybe 2.