PDA

View Full Version : Mobley/Cato might be moved after T-Mac trade

blanket
06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryS0628MAGIC.htm

"Francis is the centerpiece of a deal that would involve the Magic also getting shooting guard Cuttino Mobley and center Kelvin Cato. The Magic would be giving up McGrady, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines. Francis' agent, Jeff Fried, told FLORIDA TODAY that the Magic want to keep Francis as their point guard. But Mobley and Cato could be moved in other trades once they reach Orlando."

+++++++++++++

Perhaps we can then pick up Mobley and/or Cato. I would do Harrington for Mobley - would Orlando?

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I was initially for that idea, but now that we drafted Harrison, i don't think we need Cato. Unless they want to exchange Pollard and Cato

Snickers
06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Hmm.... at the right price, getting those two could pretty much set our roster.

Young
06-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I'd rather have Flip Murry than Mobley.

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Mobley is a much better defensive player than Murray. for that reason I would rather have Mobley without question

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I'd rather have Flip Murry than Mobley.

However, Flip had only one good year. There is no guarentee that he will be good this year too. Of course, I'm not saying that he won't. But it is still taking a chance.

indygeezer
06-28-2004, 12:10 PM
However, Flip had only one good year. There is no guarentee that he will be good this year too. Of course, I'm not saying that he won't. But it is still taking a chance.
---

Hmmm, are you speaking of Mobley or Dampier? (Jez jerkin' yer chain).

I'm ALL for getting Cato, have been for a couple of years. I never really paid much attention to Cat tho (hmm Cat and Cato, gotta be able to make SOMETHING outta that).

indygeezer
06-28-2004, 12:12 PM
---

I'm ALL for getting Cato, have been for a couple of years. I never really paid much attention to Cat tho (hmm Cat and Cato, gotta be able to make SOMETHING outta that).

OK Mods, double post. How do I get rid of it??? I see nothing in the EDIT that let's me delete it?

debohstheman
06-28-2004, 12:34 PM
lets do it.
what would it take?
al and pollard?

SkipperZ
06-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Flip cant shoot. Well his shot is decent but flat as hell. When he misses he misses UGLY. And from 3 point range he borders on bad. Flip cant defend. Flip can pass but does not like to. The only knock against Mobley is really that he is small for a 2 guard. But he is still bigger than flip.

Flip is a nice player, but he will not and never should start on any decent NBA team barring injury, much like last year.

bulletproof
06-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Mobley is a much better defensive player than Murray. for that reason I would rather have Mobley without question.

Flip's a young guy, UB, and I'm of the mindset that given the proper system, a player can improve their defensive skills. Plus the Western conference doesn't/hasn't emphasized defense, so I don't think you can properly gauge a young player coming out of there.

Snickers
06-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely take Cat over Flip. And Flip's a Portsmouth guy, so that's not easy for me to say.

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 12:46 PM
---

I think Dampier fits that category very well :devil:

I think Cuttino would be good.

able
06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
the talk on the boards in Houston & Orlando is they go to GS for J-Rich ++

I seriously doubt that :)

Pig Nash
06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I actually like doing Al and Polly for Cato/Mobley Better than giving up all that we would have to for TMac. :o They would be a perfect fit here. Please Larry do it! Let me see if i can work it out. Maybe even a three way?

Hicks
06-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Al and Scot for Mobley and Cato. Lez' do it.

Arcadian
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Mobley would be my second choice. I still have concerns about his height. I would like to have a taller guard than Tinsely or Jones when Reggie leaves.

My first choice is Q Richardson. If we made a trade with the clippers I'd have a reason to watch their games again.

I want no part of Flip. A good defender in a good system is still better than a bad defender in a good system.

Pig Nash
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Only problem is who does Orlando start at the two? Would it be like this?
Pollard or Declerq
Dwight Howard
Al Harrington
Grant Hill
Steve Francis

or this
Pollard or Declerq
Harrington
Gooden
Hill
Francis

and what if Hill can't actually play?

SkipperZ
06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I dont know if I'm as high on Cato as everyone else here. I dont' know much about him, but how is he that much better than say Pollard? I understand that Cato is probably a better shot blocker, but is he that much better than how pollard looked when he was on sactown?

SkipperZ
06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I dont know if I'm as high on Cato as everyone else here. I dont' know much about him, but how is he that much better than say Pollard? I understand that Cato is probably a better shot blocker, but is he that much better than how pollard looked when he was on sactown?

Young
06-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Only problem is who does Orlando start at the two? Would it be like this?
Pollard or Declerq
Dwight Howard
Al Harrington
Grant Hill
Steve Francis

or this
Pollard or Declerq
Harrington
Gooden
Hill
Francis

They are really high on Keith Bogans and they like DeShawn Stevenson too.

blanket
06-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Mobley would be my second choice. I still have concerns about his height. I would like to have a taller guard than Tinsely or Jones when Reggie leaves.

My first choice is Q Richardson. If we made a trade with the clippers I'd have a reason to watch their games again.

Mobley is listed as 6'4" and Q is listed as 6'5" -- I'd rather have Mobley's defense, 3pt % and veteran experience over a 1" height difference, personally.

Mourning
06-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Im not sure who of the two I would rather have (Q-Rich or Cat), rightnow Mobley has the upperhand, but Richartson is younger and has a lot of uspide too.

Regards,

Mourning;)

Young
06-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I'd take QRich over Mobley 8 out of the 7 days of the week. :D

Snickers
06-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I'd take QRich over Mobley 8 out of the 7 days of the week. :D

But there are only 7 days in.... oh.... :blush:

Aw Heck
06-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Harrington /Pollard for Cato/Mobley does work per Real GM. I say if it comes up, do it. Here's why:

-The Pacers get a SG who can score and defend. Is he the best guard available? No. But he gives the Pacers what they need: outside shooting. The Pacers are essentially only giving up Harrington for him. That's better than giving up all of our SF's for one guard.

-The Pacers unclog their SF rotation. Bender gets more playing time. Cro gets more playing time. Roster is balanced a little more.

-Pacers get a big defensive C. Cato replaces Pollard, a center that clearly did not fit in here. Cato fit in pretty well in Houston(a defensive team), so I don't think he'd have too much trouble fitting in here.

Possible Lineups

Foster/Cato/Harrison
O'Neal/Croshere
Artest/Bender/Jones
Mobley/Jones/Reggie
Tinsley/Johnson/Wright

DeClercq/Pollard
Al/Howard/Garrity
Hill or Gooden
Stevenson/Boagans
Francis/Nelson

As for why Orlando would do this? Well, Al could be a good player for them and a major contributer in case Hill isn't healthy or if Dwight Howard isn't ready yet.

I like the trade. It doesn't bring in a superstar, but then again the Pacers never really needed another one.

une
06-28-2004, 05:52 PM
I like the trade. Although I do think it hurts Harrison, relegating to the bench cause we probably won't be able to find minutes for him. Unless he shows some serious skills in training camp. Mobley would be a great addition.

I don't think the magic would give up Cato though. Cato is better than all the other centers the magic have and Dwight Howard has said he doesn't want to play center, he says it's boring. :rolleyes: Considerring how hard it is to find a decent center, I wouldnt' expect for them to give him up.

looking at the Magic roster right now, I'm amazed at how much it sucks. I wouldn't trade Cato and Mobley unless I was getting two solid players in return. their roster is just that bad.