PDA

View Full Version : Most of you have seen this before...

Hicks
06-28-2004, 01:28 AM
in all likelihood. But I just saw it again for the first time in a long while, and thought I'd bring it back to the surface.

Copy and paste this into your address bar to watch (.mov format)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/punchref.mov

Just a scary moment. Interesting to me was in reply to a post where I saw this brought up again over on SpursReport, a man who KNOWS this guy (His alias there is Martin R) responded and explained something that was interesting to me:

"I know this guy (the one who punched the referee). He played in my club, Tomas de Rocamora from the city of Concepcion del Uruguay, Entre Rios province of ARGENTINA, when I was a teenager and that's about 12 years ago.
His name is Elnes Harold Bolling and he is natived of the Virgin Islands. This guy got married with an argentinean woman and today is father of 3 children.

It makes me feel VERY sad to remember this episode because he was/is a VERY calm guy. He was the TIM DUNCAN of our team and I learnt a lot from him. He just had a VERY bad day that costed him his proffesional career.

Think about it, It could happen to anybody. All you need is a bad day....and a bad call."

Kind of adds another layer of tragedy to this to me, the fact that it was allegedly done by a normally Tim Duncan-esque in personality type of a man. Just makes it even more sad.

Thread where this was brought up:

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=205087

Chambizzle
06-28-2004, 02:05 AM
Owned.

Hoop
06-28-2004, 03:03 AM
That's really sad for the ref and the player. One bad decision cost the player his career and almost the ref's life.

Peck
06-28-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm actually suprised that this hasn't happened more often in the world of sports. It's a shame it happened here.

Was this like a game winning/losing call? I hope this wasn't just like some offensive foul in the first half of a game or something (not that it matters, it's wrong either way but damn... to get that mad it better have been a game altering play)

Anthem
06-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Peck, your avatar is disturbing.

MSA2CF
06-28-2004, 10:16 AM
How long ago did this happen?

Is the referee okay?