PDA

View Full Version : Bill Davidson passes away at 85

Kstat
03-13-2009, 10:40 PM
....he's owned the Pistons since long before I was born. One of the NBA's great pioneer owners and innovators.

I can only hope his son is half the man he is.

RIP Mr D. I'll miss you.

Spirit
03-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow the Pacers are lucky this isn't their owners.. their family wouldn't be too happy to take the team over.

DrBadd01
03-13-2009, 10:55 PM
First Larry H Miller, and now Davidson. . . . wow.

RIP

pacerwaala
03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
....he's owned the Pistons since long before I was born. One of the NBA's great pioneer owners and innovators.

I can only hope his son is half the man he is.

RIP Mr D. I'll miss you.

RIP. This guy is definitely one of the pioneers and great owners. He was a great guy who created lot of jobs in the Detroit area.

He was 86 and his wife is taking over for him.

I always wondered how did this great man hire such a jerk like Tom Wilson?

Kstat
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Tom wilson is a jerk and a snake and just about every other negative character flaw you can think of, but he's very good at his job.

Hicks
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
How old is his wife? I'm surprised it didn't go to someone in the next generation of the family.

Kstat
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
His wife and son are both assuming ownership in some part. The details haven't been released yet.

I believe Ethan Davidson is very interested in the Pistons, so he's probably going to be running that aspect.

YoSoyIndy
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Tom wilson is a jerk and a snake and just about every other negative character flaw you can think of, but he's very good at his job.

Despite what some PD posters say, you don't allow your love for the Pistons blind your arguments. (that is a sincere comment)