PDA

View Full Version : So I went to my first Pacers game last night

dannygranger
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I have got laid off recently so I haven't had much money, but I tried my luck with the Donatos deal and got two tickets Section 105 Row 7 seats 13 and 14.

My observations.

Conseco is as beautiful as everyone says it is. Left me speechless.

The first half was all Murphy. In my opinion without him hitting those threes in the first half we would have been done for alot sooner.

Terrible passing throughout the game. I mean horrible.

Our defense is as awful as everyone says it is lol

A quick question I saw Bird and Simon sitting behind the basket. Do they always sit there and also how were people getting to that tunnel to get autographs doing timeouts?

I couldnt figure it out but it was my first time there so.

thanks
toby

BRushWithDeath
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
A quick question I saw Bird and Simon sitting behind the basket. Do they always sit there and also how were people getting to that tunnel to get autographs doing timeouts?

I couldnt figure it out but it was my first time there so.

thanks
toby

Yes they do. You have to have Locker Room Club privileges to get the the tunnel.

BillS
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes they do. You have to have Locker Room Club privileges to get the the tunnel.

Not quite. There are two lines marked off, one for going back to the Best Locker Room and one for standing in line for Larry.

At quarter breaks and full timeouts the ushers let people into the signing line for Larry until it is full, then they stop. Also, they'll make sure you just have a ticket for him to sign, he won't sign anything else.

So, basically, if you can get into the lower bowl, you can theoretically get in line. Doing it from across the court might be tough, but you can do it.

I keep thinking about Larry at those breaks, he just puts his left hand down, takes the next ticket, signs it, puts it back down and takes the next one, over and over and over and over and over...

BRushWithDeath
03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Not quite. There are two lines marked off, one for going back to the Best Locker Room and one for standing in line for Larry.

At quarter breaks and full timeouts the ushers let people into the signing line for Larry until it is full, then they stop. Also, they'll make sure you just have a ticket for him to sign, he won't sign anything else.

So, basically, if you can get into the lower bowl, you can theoretically get in line. Doing it from across the court might be tough, but you can do it.

I keep thinking about Larry at those breaks, he just puts his left hand down, takes the next ticket, signs it, puts it back down and takes the next one, over and over and over and over and over...

That's probably true. I pass by to go the Locker Room every game but I've never stopped for an autograph. I just assumed you needed a pass for them to allow you that far.

Naptown_Seth
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Nope. BillS got the skinny down pat. Don't waste your time unless a timeout is coming. I understand why people want it and I'm glad he makes himself available, but then it's only the first 6 rows and a lot of those people you would think have it or don't care (me). I know people give away tix but even still, when does he hit the limit of having signed for every person that's down in that area and knows the process enough to do it?

BillS
03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Nope. BillS got the skinny down pat. Don't waste your time unless a timeout is coming. I understand why people want it and I'm glad he makes himself available, but then it's only the first 6 rows and a lot of those people you would think have it or don't care (me). I know people give away tix but even still, when does he hit the limit of having signed for every person that's down in that area and knows the process enough to do it?

Again, it isn't just the Best Locker Room rows. Anyone going down at a timeout or quarter break who says they want an autograph will get shunted into the Bird line if there is room. I get to watch a lot of them walk down the aisle between section 3 and 4 (the aisle just to the right of the tunnel) every night.

That's why there are still so many people in line, even after all this time.

dannygranger
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
thanks BillS for your insight and everyone elses also!

So how hard would it be to get down to the lower level with Craig Default tickets?

I mean if someone were to go up to an usher and say "I just want to get Larrys autograph etc.?

Not sure it would fly but I seriously doubt I would ever get the chance to sit lower level?

Also like I said I only saw one of the Simon brothers there. Does the other one come to games or is he just an investor and not into sports?

duke dynamite
03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
thanks BillS for your insight and everyone elses also!

So how hard would it be to get down to the lower level with Craig Default tickets?

I mean if someone were to go up to an usher and say "I just want to get Larrys autograph etc.?

Not sure it would fly but I seriously doubt I would ever get the chance to sit lower level?

Also like I said I only saw one of the Simon brothers there. Does the other one come to games or is he just an investor and not into sports?
I feel for you, because when you went to do that promotion, you could've changed "Best Available" to "LOWER LEVEL" and actually got lower level tickets.