PDA

View Full Version : Big Man Coaching

Dr. Hibbert
03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Alright, so I see this issue is a bit divisive.

Do you think that the Pacers lack - and have lacked for a while - effective big man coaching, or do you think it's just the result of not having effective bigs?

Personally, I think it's the coaching. I don't think the players are synonymous at all, given that Hibbert is a rook and David Harrison couldn't get it down in four years...but you can't help but see the similarities in their foul problems. Both swat down last minute, both challenge too late, both have a tendency to take poor positioning in the post and react too late to adjust to it. Then I see the last few minutes of the Jazz game and notice Rasho swatting down last-second too, and just wonder why these things are going largely uncorrected.

My position is far from definite, though. I probably don't know as much about the coaching staff as most of you, so maybe they really do have a great coach or regimen set up for their bigs...I don't know. It would just seem to me that, without extensive knowledge of the team's practice and training setup, their big man coaching is inadequate.

ThA HoyA
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
i think that hibbert has a great chance to be a huge impact player but needs coaching on his strengths... his strengths are shot blocking and post play... no one else on the team is good enough in those areas to teach him how to play that style.... it would be great to get a player would actually had that same skill set and was great at it for hibbert to learn from.