PDA

View Full Version : I was letting my imagination wander this morning, and..

Spirit
03-10-2009, 04:44 AM
thought of an interesting topic. If the Pacers players played football, what positions would they play? And, which Pacer is most suited for football?

I'll get the second question out of the way first. I think Jack would make a nice running back, though maybe not a pro-level one. He doesn't mind the contact and is pretty tough and has a good body for the position. What do you guys think?

As for the others -

I think all of our big men would have to be on the offensive line, because they aren't fast enough for any other position. They would all stink at football.

Ford would make a decent cornerback or free safety, because of his speed.

Granger could be a good defensive end if he bulked up a little.

Daniels would have to be a defensive end too, but just like Granger, he'd have to bulk up.

Diener would be a decent quarterback.

Graham would be a good linebacker or tackle.

Rush would also be a linebacker if he bulked up.

Dunleavy would have to be a tight end, but he's too thin.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Alabama-Redneck
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
I think your mind wanders into strange places. :D :laugh: ;)

:cool:

Spirit
03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
That's what you get when you have a terrible cold and can't sleep.

OakMoses
03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I think Jack would make a pretty good option QB.

Graham would probably be the best football player on the roster, probably at LB or TE.

jhondog28
03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Diener=waterboy

hibbert = WR
Granger = WR
Foster = OL
murphy = OL
Dun = TE
Graham = RB
Ford = Scrambling QB

i would just love to see Hibbert at WR a 7'2" WR would be fun to watch. But it would take him wayyyyyy to long to run a route.

Wu-Gambino
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I've thought about things like this constantly, especially applying NBA players to other sports. For example, I think that most NBA swingmen and point guards (especially Paul, Ford, and a young Iverson) would be amazing soccer players.

As for football players, I think Derron Williams would be an excellent quarterback.

Pacersfan46
03-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I thought of things like this after the Lebron commercial of him going to the Browns and it made me think ....

How good could Lebron be at football? Seriously. You gotta think, he's so much bigger than Terrell Owens, but I'd bet he's more athletic. Can you imagine him at WR? TE? How about playing safety? lol

It's a scary thought.

-- Steve --

pacergod2
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Randy Moss tried out for the Timberwolves. Also, TO played college basketball. There are plenty others I am sure.

As for the Pacers, Baston would have to play DE. He would be Deacon Jones, except a hell of a lot thinner and weaker. And without the mean streak. OK nevermind.

McRoberts would be a TE because he is more skilled in general.

Granger would play MIKE with Daniels and Graham at Weak and Strong.

Dunleavy would definitely be a receiver.

Hibbert would be the coach, because I couldn't imagine a guy who is 7'2" playing football. Plus he's smart as hell.

I think Ford would play RB.

Jack at Strong Safety.

Rush would play Primary Corner.

Deiner would be the Slot WR.

Murphy would be under center. He is smart, a solid leader, personable, and tall. Plus, QB's are the only ones that can get away with using hair gel.

Foster would play DT. Gritty and doesn't get much attention.

Tinsley would definitely play LG. With as many Cheetos he has eaten this season watching his NBA package, he could fill the position nicely I am sure.

Rasho would probably have to play RT. He is way too tall and slow to play LT.

JOB would have to be offensive coordinator, because him handling the defense could be like Dave Wannstadt trying to be a head coach.

Spirit
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
I think Ford would play RB.

The biggest problem with this is he would get banged up way too easily.

MrSparko
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I doubt TJ could play football with his spine injury.

Dr. Hibbert
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
If we're talking Colts, TJ could be a DT!

If we're playing backyard football, I'm putting Hibbert at TE and sending him on a fly route every time. Dude has good hands.