PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown the next coach of the Nuggets ?

Unclebuck
06-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Mitch Lawrence is less reiable than Vescey, Mitch is as reliable as Sam Smith, but here it is

The Nuggets are expected to fire Jeff Bzdelik this week. At least that's the word that filtered into NBA headquarters late this past week. Bzdelik's successor likely will be Mike Brown, the Pacers' associate head coach and a former Denver scout. George Karl, a business partner with Denver owner Stan Kroenke, also has been linked to the job. The new coach has some work to do. Several players say there are some major divisions in the locker room, between young (Carmelo Anthony) and young (Nene Hilario), and young (Anthony) and old (Andre Miller and Marcus Cam

And this from Mitch Lawrence at the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/206548p-178241c.html

sweabs
06-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Wow...I thought Bzdelik did a great job?

Suaveness
06-27-2004, 11:22 AM
That can't be right...I heard on draft night that Bzdelik was going to stay...

Young
06-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Well that is not a suprise to me.

Kiki said that JB is up in the air because he is not for sure if JB is the guy to get the Nuggets to the next level and maybe he sees something in Mike Brown. I think that even though JB has done a tremendous job Mike would be an excellant choice.

If this goes through I say we hire JB to replace Brown.

Will Galen
06-27-2004, 11:48 AM
If you go to prosportsdaily.com you will see something funny. They have one of, if not the best rumor page on the Internet. They have these two Blurbs one right below the other.
--------------------------

Bzdelik optimistic as signs point to return
June 27
Denver Post: " Waiting for a news conference announcing that Jeff Bzdelik will be back next season looks like a waste of time. Yes, Nuggets officials have left the door open by regularly saying the coach was under contract while not confirming he would return. But, it's becoming clearer that Bzdelik will be back for the 2004-05 season."
---------------------------------

Nuggets may fire fire Bzdelik
June 27
New York Daily News columnist Mitch Lawrence (Scroll Down): "The Nuggets are expected to fire Jeff Bzdelik this week. At least that's the word that filtered into NBA headquarters late this past week. Bzdelik's successor likely will be Mike Brown, the Pacers' associate head coach and a former Denver scout. George Karl, a business partner with Denver owner Stan Kroenke, also has been linked to the job."
-----------------------------

The second Blurb is the one Unclebuck has posted above. When reading ProSportsDaily earlier I found it funny seeing the two articles back to back. Who you choose to believe is up to you.

Hicks
06-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry, Mike, but I hope you don't get it because I want you to stay here. :laugh:

Anthem
06-27-2004, 12:44 PM
If they haven't fired Bzeleiufjefohef, then they haven't talked to Mike Brown yet. We certainly haven't heard that they've asked for permission to talk to Brown.

That being said, that's a pretty nice position to go into, unlike the Hawks.

Snickers
06-27-2004, 01:44 PM
If Mike's going to leave, Denver's a great place to start. I like Buzz a lot though, I wonder if we really could get him as an assistant here? There'd have to be a head coaching job for him somewhere, right?

MSA2CF
06-27-2004, 01:48 PM
What's new on the Kevin O'Neill front?

Unclebuck
06-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I have been saying that if offered the Hawks job Mike Brown should turn it down, but if he gets offered the Nuggets job he should take that without question.

As a pacers fan I can't be upset if he leaves for the Denver job.

Have not heard anything aboput Kevin O'Neill. My guess is Carlisle has quietly told jhim if brown leaves that Kevin is his guy

Snickers
06-27-2004, 01:50 PM
I have been saying that if offered the Hawks job Mike Brown should turn it down, but if he gets offered the Nuggets job he should take that without question.

As a pacers fan I can't be upset if he leaves for the Denver job.

Agreed. There's a ton of talent in Denver, and a smart GM to boot. Can't say the same about the Hawks. I hope Mike stays, but if he's gonna go, Denver would be a nearly ideal place.

NugzFan
06-27-2004, 04:33 PM
who is mike brown?!

personally i thought bzdelik was ok (i had my problems with him but he did a decent job), but if we are gonna replace him id hope wed get a proven guy.

but i do know that if bzdelik did not have that 1.5 mill guaranteed deal for this year, he would have been gone a long time ago. for some reason kiki isnt too big of a fan...kiki wants a team that runs ALL THE TIME.

Snickers
06-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Mike Brown was the top assistant with the champion Spurs team, and the Pacers associate head coach [a title a little higher-ranking than assistant, so we could pry him away from SA] this year. The players all seem to love him, and he's a very energetic and knowledgable guy.

Doug
06-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Well, if we lose Mike, and we will eventually, then if he's out west we only have to play him twice a year.

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Well maybe not
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_2995822,00.html

Denver paper has a quote from

Mike brown that he has not had any contact with the Nugs, and Kiki is saying the report is not true

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Well maybe not
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_2995822,00.html

Denver paper has a quote from

Mike brown that he has not had any contact with the Nugs, and Kiki is saying the report is not true

Good. I want him to stay at least one more year.

MunciePacerBabe
06-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Just heard on "Best Damn..." that there will be no coach change in Denver, as there is no coaching problem. Just another rumor!