PDA

View Full Version : In the Life of Roy .. part 2`

Kemo
03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/roys_life.html

hehe very nice episode this week ..

I really like this kid..

I am sure you guys will enjoy this as much as I have..

Enjoy

El Pacero
03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah it was good. I liked listening to the people in the donut shop the best, and how Roy responded. Great guy.

Spirit
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
I hate how Pacers.com videos don't work for me.. they skip really bad and don't load fast enough. I'll have to wait to watch it until they put it on youtube.

Jon Theodore
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I like how he has a sense of humor about him fouling out in five minutes. Also, was funny when the one guy asked if he was a basketball player and he said yeah I play a little.....for the Pacers.

I would like to see a lot more videos like this OF ALL THE PLAYERS! My girlfriend is forced to watch Pacers with me and I show her these videos. She actually enjoys watching Pacers because of these videos, she likes Troy Murphy because of the video where he talks about spray tanning.

DEAR PACERS MARKETINGS FIRMS , MORE VIDEOS = CASUAL FANS BECOMING REAL FANS!

bellisimo
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
the man has no manners...talking with food in his mouth like that...why do we have such thugs like him on this team?!?!

i kid...i kid...he's a fun guy - nice little piece which shows the side of indy's not so loyal/hardcore pacers fans :D

Putnam
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Call me a casual fan, but there's no way I'm going to sit and watch anybody getting a haircut. Not even a fellow Hoya.

huber14
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
longs bakery is some good stuff

Kemo
03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
the haircut scene is only about 10 seconds max .. lol

but it is a good video showing how down to earth Roy is , and his sense of humor ..

As a fan , it , as well as all his videos are "must watch" .. heh jmho

I for one, enjoy seeing these videos from the Pacers organization on our guys ..

Things like this , go a long way , in getting to really know our guys on a more personal level .. (about as much as a fan could hope anyways)

Spirit
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I finally got the video to work.. it's crazy that he goes to longs. Me and my mom and my friend used to go there all the time.. I thought if he was going to get donuts it would be at dunkin donuts or something, not a casual place like longs.

MyFavMartin
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Roy does a better job of selling stuff with that book while driving than Bobby Knight ever did with just one thing to do.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I love that video. I actually laughed out loud when he talked about getting a hair cut so he could look good as he was getting fouls.

Kemo
03-03-2009, 08:54 PM
ya ,I think it is cool that he addressed it publicly, and I am glad he is taking it in stride (in regards to his rookie fouling mistakes) ..

It shows he not only RECOGNIZES he needs to work on improving it , but that he has a good sense of humor ..

Hicks
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
David Falk is Roy's agent. Sweet Jesus. Let's just say I hope Roy fully blossoms after we re-sign him in a few years.....

Anyway, I found that sweet and heartwarming.

Spirit
03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
ya ,I think it is cool that he addressed it publicly, and I am glad he is taking it in stride (in regards to his rookie fouling mistakes) ..

It shows he not only RECOGNIZES he needs to work on improving it , but that he has a good sense of humor ..
Why do you always put those weired dots in your post?

Kemo
03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Well when in the middle of a post, it separates thoughts usually.
Kinda like a pause, if you will ...

And when at the end of a post... Because it separates the last line from the sig, so it isn't crowded together ..

I mean I know proper punctuation, it's just a habit I guess.

Putnam
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I thought if he was going to get donuts it would be at dunkin donuts or something, not a casual place like longs.

That's a curious comment. Just about anybody in Indianapolis would recommend Long's over Dunkin Donuts. One of the faults that out-of-towners find in Indianapolis is the plethora of chain stores and restaurants and a corresponding lack of locally owned and operated shops. Indianapolis Monthly took note of that in this issue from a few months ago:

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/uploadedImages/Indianapolis_Monthly/TOC/ArchivesCover0808.jpg

Anyway, thanks to you all for commenting about the part of the video I didn't watch. You're better than I am.

Dr. Hibbert
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Isn't Long's out in Brightwood? Yikes. Surprised we didn't see at least one jack move in that video.

ABADays
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Roy is going to become a huge fan favorite. Somebody is doing a great job of handling this guy. He also has impeccable taste in donuts.

PacersRule
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Roy is going to become a huge fan favorite.

He already is for some.

Episode 2 is awesome. Roy is becoming a decent (will be going on to great) player, but that's no surprise. After all, he does "play a little basketball".
Why did Roy go to the barber? His hair was .1 inch

YoSoyIndy
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
That's a curious comment. Just about anybody in Indianapolis would recommend Long's over Dunkin Donuts. One of the faults that out-of-towners find in Indianapolis is the plethora of chain stores and restaurants and a corresponding lack of locally owned and operated shops. Indianapolis Monthly took note of that in this issue from a few months ago:

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/uploadedImages/Indianapolis_Monthly/TOC/ArchivesCover0808.jpg

Anyway, thanks to you all for commenting about the part of the video I didn't watch. You're better than I am.

Long's Donuts is the best in Indiana. Second place is Hilligoss Bakery in Brownsburg. Roy is smart.

Spirit
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Well when in the middle of a post, it separates thoughts usually.
Kinda like a pause, if you will ...

And when at the end of a post... Because it separates the last line from the sig, so it isn't crowded together ..

I mean I know proper punctuation, it's just a habit I guess.

.By the way I didn't mean any offense if it seemed like it.

pristinecollector
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't recognize you without your nametag on. I loved that part!

Kemo
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
He already is for some.

Episode 2 is awesome. Roy is becoming a decent (will be going on to great) player, but that's no surprise. After all, he does "play a little basketball".
Why did Roy go to the barber? His hair was .1 inch

Well , speaking from experience , even having short hair .. if you don't keep it trimmed weekly , it starts getting out of hand , especially if you have coarse hair like I do , and that of most african-americans ..

My hair , if I don't keep it trimmed weekly , develops into brillo-pad status ..lol

Plus you gotta realize these guys always have to look their best in a profession , where they are in the public's eye 24/7 and on television ..

Putnam
03-05-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.remembertheaba.com/OnlyintheABAMaterial/BigHairMaterial/Hillman/HillmanPauseBackAfro.jpg

El Pacero
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.remembertheaba.com/OnlyintheABAMaterial/BigHairMaterial/Hillman/HillmanPauseBackAfro.jpg

New look for Roy Hillert?

Shade
03-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Roy's a great guy, no doubt about that. And I'm really enjoying watching these vids (though, as a New Media major, I could do a better editing job :whistle:).

Anyway, I really hope Roy works out, because he has the tools and is a very likable person.

Oh, and Long's is awesome. :drool: