PDA

View Full Version : Pierce or TMac.

Young
06-27-2004, 12:11 AM
I've been thinking about which would be better to get, here's how I look at both players.

Paul Pierce.
- Better shooter.
- Better defender.
- Plays way better under pressure and in the forth, IMO.
- Would take less to get.
- No back problems.

Tracy McGrady.
- Better passer, ball handler.
- Better athlete.
- Better slasher.

I'm going to say that I would actually, take Paul Pierce over McGrady.

Miller_time04
06-27-2004, 12:20 AM
TMac.

Snickers
06-27-2004, 12:28 AM
More Tmac'ing McGrady talk? :cry:

I think Tmac is a pretty good shooter, I'd put him about even with Pierce there. I always thought he was a better defender too, but I may be wrong.

I would have concerns about Tmac's lack of clutch ability though.

Unclebuck
06-27-2004, 12:52 AM
I would say that McGrady is at least as good defensively as Pierce, probably a little better. But McGrady has the talent to be much better defensively than Pierce.

I would rather have McGrady

Lord Helmet
06-27-2004, 12:55 AM
T-mac plus I don't think Boston would want to trade Pierce.

King Mob
06-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Pierce is underrated IMO. He'd be a better fit for Indy, for one, because he's proven that he can be a co-star, unlike TMac. That's why he left Toronto and if you saw him at the beginning of the year playing with G.Hill, it's obvious that he's going to demand the ball too much and try and make INdy his team. Pierce I can see coming in and playing team ball. Secondly, he takes pride in his defense, something TMac does not. If you have to give up Artest to get one of them, you'll feel it less on the defensive end if you get Pierce.

sweabs
06-27-2004, 02:13 AM
I can't envision a successful offensive system with Pierce and Artest together. I'm not even sure Jermaine would touch the ball :o

King Mob
06-27-2004, 02:28 AM
Only because Artest thinks he's the next Jordan...

Pig Nash
06-27-2004, 04:00 AM
I don't think getting either of these guys is a good idea. It guts our roster way too much. I think we should go after somebody that can be had for Al alone. Like Q-Rich or somebody like that. But if we could Drug Ainge into giving us Peirce and Blount for Al and Bendy straw then go for it. that's the only way i want either.

indygeezer
06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Do we have to get either of these guys? I prefer a Ray ALlen deal myself. But if limited to the two choices...PP works for me.

MSA2CF
06-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Pierce or Tracy?

I'll go with Reggie. :P