PDA

View Full Version : Rasho staying put

tonythetiger
02-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Not that I expected any different:

As they search everywhere possible, there is a stark reality the Cavaliers have to deal with as they look for some way to plug the hole left by Ben Wallace's broken leg.

The list of realistic options is short...

There have been some rumors than Rasho Nesterovic would seek a buyout from the Pacers but a league source said that is not going to happen...
Cleveland Cavaliers, Joe Smith reunion still possible (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/cleveland_cavaliers_joe_smith.html)

Midcoasted
02-28-2009, 03:18 AM
Damn it! I wanted to pick up Joe Smith! We could have really used his post D tonight.

Justin Tyme
02-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Damn it! I wanted to pick up Joe Smith! We could have really used his post D tonight.

Why would Smith want to come to the Pacers when he can go to a contending team and win a ring?

sloopjohnb
02-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Why would Smith want to come to the Pacers when he can go to a contending team and win a ring?

He wouldn't.

Haggard
02-28-2009, 08:20 AM
was there any real substance behind a rasho buy out?

BlueNGold
02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
JO should be back on the market soon. Maybe they can pick him up for pocket change before the end of March.

idioteque
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Rasho has been a professional this year. There is really no reason that he should be on a team this bad especially at this point in his career and with his experience in helping contenders win titles, but you haven't heard him complain about it publicly. I hope that Rasho finds a good home with a contender next year, he deserves it after helping out our cap situation.

YoSoyIndy
02-28-2009, 11:37 AM
was there any real substance behind a rasho buy out?

The only substance is that it makes sense financially -- you can save a mill or two by buying him out since he's not coming back next year and we're essentially out of the playoff hunt. I still don't like the idea because it's too close to tanking in my eyes as you'd never do it if you wanted to win since Rasho is a contributor.

I think Chad Ford started the whole thing w/ pure speculation in a chat of his. I haven't seen it anywhere else. More importantly, I haven't seen it reported as a real possibility -- just one that makes sense financially.

chrisjacobs7
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I really like Rasho and I hope he stays with the team. I've really been impressed with him so far.

Anthem
02-28-2009, 09:53 PM
The only substance is that it makes sense financially
For us it made sense financially. For Rasho it made sense professionally.