PDA

View Full Version : I just got two Sec 5 Row 18 seats for $6

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I got them thru Facebook. Pacers VS. Nuggets on Sunday. I just joined the Pacers Facebook page and received a link to Ticketmaster. All I had to pay was the handling charges.

I'd post this in the promotions sticky but nobody reads that stuff do they?

Phree Refill
02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I got them thru Facebook. Pacers VS. Nuggets on Sunday. I just joined the Pacers Facebook page and received a link to Ticketmaster. All I had to pay was the handling charges.

What do you mean "pacers facebook page?"

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-27-2009, 12:21 PM

I've gotten tickets from a promotion like that before. Which group did this? There are like 80,000 groups. Can you send me the link to the ticketmaster page for this deal?

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Link (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=52526009297)

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
The e-mail I got said due to high interest they've expanded the number of tickets past the 1st 500 and to spread the word. So there ya go.

BPump33
02-27-2009, 12:29 PM
The e-mail I got said due to high interest they've expanded the number of tickets past the 1st 500 and to spread the word. So there ya go.

I followed the steps. Did it take awhile to receive the link?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as well.

Phree Refill
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah no joke. Thanks a lot. I hadn't heard a peep about this. I assume it sends the link to the e-mail address you have listed on facebook?

huber14
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
i followed the steps, but no e-mail or facebook message

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 12:46 PM
It's not instant. I signed up yesterday and got mine 20 minutes ago.

Shade
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
If I didn't have to work, I'd be all over this.

Phree Refill
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I signed up. Hopefully they didn't run out of tickets already. I'll be checking my e-mail regularly in the next day to see if i get a link or not.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, when I first signed up a while back I got this for a game closer to that time.

It is a great deal, take advantage of it if you can!!!

Peck
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Look I am thrilled to death for you guys and I do not mean this in any way towards insulting any of you. Really I don't.

But the fact that the Pacers are just giving away lower level and club level seats just pisses me off to no end.

I have been a season ticket holder in some capacity since 1985 and in my life I have never recieved an upgrade, discount or freebie from the team.

I have litterally spent thousands of dollars on the team (I have 4 tickets) and I have honestly paid for mine every single season. Many years back in the 80's sitting up in the nosebleed sections but since about 96 I have been able to be in the lower half for the games.

I see $5.00 club seats, I see people who pay for balcony tickets sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row off of the floor and not paying penny more.

I am not mad at any of you (well Gnome and Hicks, yes ;)) but as a person who buys thier tickets at full price I feel frankly like an idiot.

Honestly why should I pay for season tickets next year when I know attendance will be no better than it is now and I can just get better seats at a lot less cost?

Again, please do not be offended for you guys that are doing this. It is a great deal for you and I am happy you can go.

I guess I am just bitter because I feel like I have given a lot of money over the years to the team, many years when I didn't really have it to give, and I have never once seen my ticket rep other than when he wanted my money.

I had the magic rep that all of the others had as well but he never once spoke to me or anything other than to ask for money last year at the draft party.

I have a new rep. now. So we will see how that goes.

rexnom
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Look I am thrilled to death for you guys and I do not mean this in any way towards insulting any of you. Really I don't.

But the fact that the Pacers are just giving away lower level and club level seats just pisses me off to no end.

I have been a season ticket holder in some capacity since 1985 and in my life I have never recieved an upgrade, discount or freebie from the team.

I have litterally spent thousands of dollars on the team (I have 4 tickets) and I have honestly paid for mine every single season. Many years back in the 80's sitting up in the nosebleed sections but since about 96 I have been able to be in the lower half for the games.

I see $5.00 club seats, I see people who pay for balcony tickets sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row off of the floor and not paying penny more.

I am not mad at any of you (well Gnome and Hicks, yes ;)) but as a person who buys thier tickets at full price I feel frankly like an idiot.

Honestly why should I pay for season tickets next year when I know attendance will be no better than it is now and I can just get better seats at a lot less cost?

Again, please do not be offended for you guys that are doing this. It is a great deal for you and I am happy you can go.

I guess I am just bitter because I feel like I have given a lot of money over the years to the team, many years when I didn't really have it to give, and I have never once seen my ticket rep other than when he wanted my money.

I had the magic rep that all of the others had as well but he never once spoke to me or anything other than to ask for money last year at the draft party.

Ladies and gentlemen, in a post, why the NBA will do even worse financially next year when people don't renew their season tickets or demand some kind of compensation.

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 02:02 PM
The difference is we'll be staying the night and you own the house. Probably doesn't make it any easier to swallow but in three years when the Colts suck and the Pacers are the talk of the town you'll still have your great seats and I'll be calling my dad to see if I can use his company seats and he'll say I think I still have some for the Pacers Vs the worst team in the NBA at that time. In fact, last season I got to sit with him and his partner in the floor seats and they were talking about giving them up. (4 seats @ 2400 a game, 8 more in the lower level and a suite was getting silly since they couldn't even give away the floor seats). I told them the same thing I'm telling you it's not worth it to go to the back of the line the way pro sports are so cyclical.

Dr. Goldfoot
02-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Still sucks though. I've been to probably 20 games the last two seasons and haven't paid a dime for the seats. In fact, I went last Sunday 'cause a local radio station couldn't get rid of their seats.

Phree Refill
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM

I have wondered this many many times this year. Everytime i heard of these deals and cheap tickets i was wondering if they were doing anything for the season ticket holders. Judging by this post it doesn't appear they have done anything. I do feel sorry for you in all honesty. I would feel the same way if i paid for season tickets and then saw the team giving away lower level tickets for free. I do respect you very much for getting season tickets every year. This franchise wouldn't even be here right now if not for people like you.

Shade
02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree with 'ya, Peck. The STHs really should get some kind of added bonus for their loyalty.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 02:15 PM

You and I are in the same position, however, I have only had mine for the latter part of this decade.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I agree with 'ya, Peck. The STHs really should get some kind of added bonus for their loyalty.
I was told by my "current" rep that renewals before the 11th get 5 free tickets for this season. I'm not sure where they are.

count55
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM

We've gotten opportunities for free club seats maybe three or four times this year.

It's tough. I don't have the investment that some have, so it doesn't bother me to see them try to get bodies in the seats. To me, it's really crucial that they get more people to come see them.

As to whether these are working or not, I cannot tell you.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, in a post, why the NBA will do even worse financially next year when people don't renew their season tickets or demand some kind of compensation.

Well, it all goes back to loyalty.

count55
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, it all goes back to loyalty.

That's too flat of a statement. There are too many other issues to consider, and the Pacers, in all honesty, are a luxury.

It is hard for me to get to games now. I am driving 200 miles roundtrip every day so that I could avoid taking a significant pay cut.

As I said, I am not bothered by the ticket giveaways as I consider them a short term attempt to broaden the fan base. However, I can understand the frustration that others feel.

To say it all goes back to loyalty it too simplistic, and too dismissive for people who deserve better.

EDIT: I'm renewing, so I'm not defending myself, here. It's just that it is not bad or unreasonable for some to elect to discontinue their tickets.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
That's too flat of a statement. There are too many other issues to consider, and the Pacers, in all honesty, are a luxury.

It is hard for me to get to games now. I am driving 200 miles roundtrip every day so that I could avoid taking a significant pay cut.

As I said, I am not bothered by the ticket giveaways as I consider them a short term attempt to broaden the fan base. However, I can understand the frustration that others feel.

To say it all goes back to loyalty it too simplistic, and too dismissive for people who deserve better.

EDIT: I'm renewing, so I'm not defending myself, here. It's just that it is not bad or unreasonable for some to elect to discontinue their tickets.
I apologize for being flat, but that is what Peck is saying. He wants to be rewarded for his continued loyalty.

I have not as bad as a commute as you, but I do drive about 135 miles round trip to go to the games. I can get frustrated at times.

count55
02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I apologize for being flat, but that is what Peck is saying. He wants to be rewarded for his continued loyalty.

I have not as bad as a commute as you, but I do drive about 135 miles round trip to go to the games. I can get frustrated at times.

Yeah, I'm sorry...my commute is to my job, not to Pacer games. I live in Fishers, but I work in Terre Haute.

duke dynamite
02-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry...my commute is to my job, not to Pacer games. I live in Fishers, but I work in Terre Haute.
Yeah, Bedford to Bloomington doesn't have anything on your drive. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do to earn a living. I feel for ya.

I hate being so far away from the games, it makes it tough, and sometimes I just don't go. It's not that the drive is expensive for me, it's just a tedious drive and I get home late.

ChicagoJ
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM

While this is the type of thing that makes me glad to be a FORMER season ticket holder, you endure this during the bad times in exchange for the most valuable benefit of being a season ticket holder - guaranteed playoff tickets during the good times. Remember those Pacers/ Bulls tickets in '98 that we got for face value instead of $1,000+ apiece (or for some of my friends, you decided to sell one game and make enough to pay for the entire next season's ticket package). And the NBA Finals tickets that we didn't have to scramble to get.

Now, if I didn't move 250 miles away and have to deal with the fact that Indiana selected the wrong time zone, I might still have those tickets.

Los Angeles
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I pretty sure STH's will get bonuses soon enough.

the regginator
02-27-2009, 03:49 PM

All you have to do is ask. I understand feeling like you shouldn't have to...but the team is having a tough time financially, and a tough time with attendance in general. They're not in a position to volunteer upgrades for everyone that deserves them.

TPTB are hoping that most season ticket holders either 1) have plenty of money to blow and are happy with their seats or 2) will understand their efforts to pack the stadium and bring the fans back. As has been said, these deals are definitely temporary.

I bought an 11 game mini pack for this season, in the balcony. Cost me something like $220. I called my rep, told him I was stoked they were trying to fill the place up...but that I could have bought nearly the same ticket package after the fact for about $50.

He was more than happy to give me an upgrade. Two seats to this Sunday's game (which was not on my plan). Courtside! :dance:

So just ask your rep..I'm sure they'll help you out.

Side note--I was able to "renew" for next year...getting a full season balcony plan at the same rate I paid this year for the 11 game plan (about $220) :-o

Brad8888
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Totally agreed. I am a full price full season $96 per club seat ticket holder who likely could have had the same or better for an average of less than half of that. I feel like I probably blew $4,000 to $5,000 this year alone compared to the non-STH's.

All I get offered for my requests are Varsity Club Chef's tables (you still pay enough for soft drinks and desert that they make money off the deal), or access to Best Lockeroom (I don't drink, and would rather stay in my seats during the game), or the "opportunity" to buy additional tickets at a rate that at times has been higher than what the game ended up being promoted to the public for, or acquire comp tickets through Ticketmaster, thereby needing to spend additional money for a supposed "exclusive benefit". Never once have I been given any seat upgrade regardless of who my ticket rep has been.

The 22% discount I'm being offered (which is actually on 18% if the math is done with only two of the four preseason games free instead of all four like this year, and 20% if I pay in full up front due to receiving ONE additional preseason game free, where last year all 4 were) is actually insulting based on the loss I took on this year's seats. I eagerly await my rep's call about my lack of renewal at the initial deadline. I might take a Priceline approach and name my own price after picking my own games that I figure to have interest in and see what happens as the long offseason continues in our difficult economy.

YoSoyIndy
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
All you have to do is ask. I understand feeling like you shouldn't have to...but the team is having a tough time financially, and a tough time with attendance in general. They're not in a position to volunteer upgrades for everyone that deserves them.

TPTB are hoping that most season ticket holders either 1) have plenty of money to blow and are happy with their seats or 2) will understand their efforts to pack the stadium and bring the fans back. As has been said, these deals are definitely temporary.

I bought an 11 game mini pack for this season, in the balcony. Cost me something like $220. I called my rep, told him I was stoked they were trying to fill the place up...but that I could have bought nearly the same ticket package after the fact for about $50.

He was more than happy to give me an upgrade. Two seats to this Sunday's game (which was not on my plan). Courtside! :dance:

So just ask your rep..I'm sure they'll help you out.

Side note--I was able to "renew" for next year...getting a full season balcony plan at the same rate I paid this year for the 11 game plan (about $220) :-o

I got the same thing. I also got a few free pairs via e-mail this season as a STH -- usually after a big win (Lakers, Suns, Cavs, etc).

I do understand being upset and I can understand not wanting to come across as a "squeaky wheel," but I would definitely call your rep about it.

aceace
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Peck I understand why you feel like you've been gutted. I think the ticket deals which are supposedly limited to 500 (but honestly, probably no limitation as a seat sold is one less seat empty and any money is good money for them right now) are more of a way to get fans back. The economy alone is responsible for this. This is the first year where you could have saved money on tickets, right? The Pacers won't be able to do this every year, impossible to pay salaries. I see this as more like a desperate telethon year with 70M in salaries. I have this feeling that 70M amount will come down significantly to a max of 60m. We may have some veteran salaries that are actually paid by the league (if that still happens ie:Darrell Armstrong) Maybe we can sign Dale Davis to one of those. (I'm rambling) I can see this as being the last year for this, maybe only balcony in the future. I think the lower level seats sold cheaply were to make the place look fuller than what it is.

Los Angeles
02-27-2009, 11:35 PM
There's an old saying in business: You give away the razors so you can sell more razorblades.

Yes, these people are receiving free seats for less than popular games. But they are far more likely to buy a dog and a beer, and possibly stop by the giftshop.

Ultimately, It's for the good of the franchise and contributes to the bottom line.

I think Season ticket holders will be offered a few things:

1) package deals like buy 4 seats, get one free.
2) a "lock in the ticket price" deal where if you sign a three year commitment, you not only get the above deal but you get a discount your second and third year to the original price. and
3) if you are a "full season" STH, you are invited "backstage" for a randomly selected home game, where you get a catered meal in a skybox and get to briefly meet larry during pregame or halftime.
4) all of the above.

pristinecollector
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks for posting. I just signed up.

plutarch
02-28-2009, 03:47 AM
hey man thanks for the heads up i got my tickets

MyFavMartin
02-28-2009, 07:56 AM

I'd be upset to.

Maybe a lapdance from a Pacemate for all STH?

Speed
02-28-2009, 08:32 AM
hey man thanks for the heads up i got my tickets

Thanks DR.

How long did it take, did they send an email to you facebook inbox or your regular email.

Sorry so many questions, i had to set up a facebook account. I hope I've done this right cuz I really want to go and take the Wife.

I signed up for facebook, joined that fan group, and then clicked that radio button that said attend.

Is that it?

pwee31
02-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks for posting! I received my email late last night and printed my tix off this morning.

Lower level section 8 for $7.50 :happydanc

pwee31
02-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks DR.

How long did it take, did they send an email to you facebook inbox or your regular email.

Sorry so many questions, i had to set up a facebook account. I hope I've done this right cuz I really want to go and take the Wife.

I signed up for facebook, joined that fan group, and then clicked that radio button that said attend.

Is that it?

I did my RSVP yesterday afternoon and received my email around 1AM last night.

It was sent to my regular email

You click on the first link and it directs to Facebook to sign in and from that page it sent me to ticketmaster to look for best seats available

Speed
02-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I did my RSVP yesterday afternoon and received my email around 1AM last night.

It was sent to my regular email

You click on the first link and it directs to Facebook to sign in and from that page it sent me to ticketmaster to look for best seats available

Awesome, I'll wait patiently, thanks.

huber14
02-28-2009, 11:02 AM
got my tickets, section 14 row 4!

Basketball Fan
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I clicked on the Facebook link and it took me to Ticketmaster is it acceptable for me to put my credit card information on that page?

I want to make sure I've never done this before.

Swingman
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I got 2 tickets last night but was stuck in section 107. guess I was too slow to get lower section. Still good for only 5 bucks.

I can see why season ticket holders might be frustrated but I'd assume there's some benefit to being a season ticket holder when the team is good again and people are fighting over buying tickets.

YoSoyIndy
02-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I clicked on the Facebook link and it took me to Ticketmaster is it acceptable for me to put my credit card information on that page?

I want to make sure I've never done this before.

Yeah -- you have to pay for the Ticketmaster fee. It's like 5 or 6 bucks total. I also paid the extra amount to print them at home. Will Call can be brutal.

Naptown_Seth
02-28-2009, 01:59 PM
While this is the type of thing that makes me glad to be a FORMER season ticket holder, you endure this during the bad times in exchange for the most valuable benefit of being a season ticket holder - guaranteed playoff tickets during the good times. Remember those Pacers/ Bulls tickets in '98 that we got for face value instead of $1,000+ apiece (or for some of my friends, you decided to sell one game and make enough to pay for the entire next season's ticket package). And the NBA Finals tickets that we didn't have to scramble to get.

Now, if I didn't move 250 miles away and have to deal with the fact that Indiana selected the wrong time zone, I might still have those tickets.
I moved back in 2000 and sat 3rd row for the first 2 rounds, on the glass club for the Finals, all for face value. Of course that's because I went as a single. :p

But honestly I just jumped into a mini this year and while the deal was better than had I just cherry picked the exact same seat like I used to, it's really tough for me to pull the trigger on upgrading to a pair of lower seats for a half instead of a mini.

And yet last year I lived on $5 balconies for the 2nd half of the season and I jumped on the Blue Friday stuff this year. So I've been on both sides of it.

The team is in a tough spot because they have to choose to spend money (or take losses if you will) on making STH happy or bringing in new customers. They need to expand the base but they also need to keep what they got.

I guess the old adage I've always heard for sales was that you spend 5 times more bringing in a new customer as you do keeping the one you already have. So while it's great that they are trying to fill the joint up, if those people aren't pulling the STH trigger or even full price single games then it's pretty foolish to have chased after them at the expense of someone like Peck calling it quits.

You know even at STH prices you are looking at something like $45,000 a year income per row in the average lower seating (estimate 10 seats per row). That's 9600 $5 special seats (240 per game) you have to sell just to make up for ticking off 5 STHs (buying pairs). Just 1 row of people.

Of course if you get people that are only willing to buy $5 seats to enjoy themselves so much that they want a taste and you can get them to go for $20 seats then you can make that up by only selling 60 of those seats as STH, or 30 people buying 2.

This is where you see the real danger. It doesn't take as much to keep current customers happy. But worse than that is if you lose your high dollar customers while chasing people with less financial interest then you end up having to do a lot more convincing and salesmanship in the long run. Now you're making as difficult a pitch to 30 people as you had to make to only 5 because those 5 were already interested and clearly were willing to spend a lot more than $20 per game.

Here's my pitch. Why not upgrade the STH FIRST, then let these other people slip into those seats being left behind. Don't sell a $20 bowl seat to someone, just move Peck's group into those seats and sell his club seats for $20 or $10. Now Peck is happy, the lower is filled, and you still got other people into the building.

I know there is overhead with this, but free upgrades vs the insult of having barely interested people sitting in front of you for 1/10th the price is probably worth it.

If anything you are making a double sales pitch. To Peck you are giving him the taste of just a modest price upgrade and might convince him to step up one price level. Constrast that to selling a guy on buying 10, 20, or 40 $120 seats when he just showed up because they were selling for $10 on one night.

Instead you put those people with less financial interest into seats that are a lot closer to what they might be willing to step into. Someone that only wants to spend $10 is going to buy into a $10-20 mini plan in the balcony a lot sooner than they are coming into the lower bowl. And maybe Gnome is going into the club enough that he decides to go up 1 or 2 price ranges himself.

It just seems like good sales to put every potential customer into the spot they are most likely to step up to, and doing that while keeping the loyal customers happy has to be a win-win.

Or keep fire selling 4th row seats to people that still think JO is on the team. Whatever.

Swingman
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
You make some good points Naptown.

If all the free tickets are corner seats, then maybe they didn't think they were an upgrade. I know a lot of people who would sit higher up just to be closer to the center or even behind the goal.

I think you're missing one other factor though too. Even though they're giving away free tickets, they're still getting money from these fans via parking fees, concessions, souvenirs, program guides, etc. Sure people can attend games without spending money on those things but they can estimate on the percentage of people that will spend money while at Conseco. Even if these people don't come back to another game, it's much better financially than the alternative: empty seats

Nothing hurts more than an empty stadium. Probably would have been better to give STH the option of moving to a better seat (if the seats really are much better) but they probably just assumed they are getting what they paid for so they shouldn't be upset.

Personally I find I'm happier when not worrying about the deals other people were able to get. Every area of life someone will get a better deal than you got but you'll also be getting better deals than other people.

travmil
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I tried to do this earlier this afternoon and the e-mail I just got said the event has been cancelled. So apparently they reached their limit.

heywoode
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
try this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0500411CEC538944?did=nuggets

it just worked for me two minutes ago. Section 1, Row 22

travmil
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
try this link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0500411CEC538944?did=nuggets

it just worked for me two minutes ago. Section 1, Row 22

Thank you. It worked.

heywoode
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Awesome, dude! Glad it worked for you...Did I tell you how cool you are today?!

That link STILL works...just did it again a second ago and the best available is in Section 20 now, but still in the lower bowl...

Ralph Snart
02-28-2009, 06:06 PM
You can use that link as often as you want. I picked up 4 seats last night (2 seperate orders), 2 in section 19, 2 in section 113.

pwee31
02-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I tried to do this earlier this afternoon and the e-mail I just got said the event has been cancelled. So apparently they reached their limit.

OK wait a minute?!? :confused:

I got tickets this morning, and then I received an email when I got home tonight that the event had been canceled?

Anyone know what this means? I also notice that the link is still apparently active... how is that, if the event is canceled?

I'm confused as to what's going on?

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
OK wait a minute?!? :confused:

I got tickets this morning, and then I received an email when I got home tonight that the event had been canceled?

Anyone know what this means? I also notice that the link is still apparently active... how is that, if the event is canceled?

I'm confused as to what's going on?

The event as in the Facebook event is canceled. It's closed so no one else can get the link, yet, the link still works if you have it.

Everything is continuing as scheduled, don't worry about it.

pwee31
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
The event as in the Facebook event is canceled. It's closed so no one else can get the link, yet, the link still works if you have it.

Everything is continuing as scheduled, don't worry about it.

The thing that threw me off is that I went to Pacers.com and clicked on tickets for the game tomorrow, and it brought up the facebook complimentary ticket prices through Pacers.com?

I deleted the cookies/history/temp files and use another web browser to go through the Pacers.com site for tickets and it just showed the full price tickets, and this was all within the last 5 minutes.

I haven't done an event like this before, so I'm just curious how everything works.

I checked the facebook page of the guy that sent out the email and he has like 3 friends?

I dunno, just wanting a little clarification. Don't want to wake up with my account empty and no tix to the bleeping game

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
The thing that threw me off is that I went to Pacers.com and clicked on tickets for the game tomorrow, and it brought up the facebook complimentary ticket prices through Pacers.com?

I deleted the cookies/history/temp files and use another web browser to go through the Pacers.com site for tickets and it just showed the full price tickets, and this was all within the last 5 minutes.

I haven't done an event like this before, so I'm just curious how everything works.

I checked the facebook page of the guy that sent out the email and he has like 3 friends?

I dunno, just wanting a little clarification. Don't want to wake up with my account empty and no tix to the bleeping game

Once you "purchased" them through ticketmaster, they're yours.

Swingman
03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
anyone know how long before a game will call opens?

Peter_sixtyftsixin
03-01-2009, 11:11 AM

They let people into the "lobby" and hour and 15 min before a game.

AB1077
03-01-2009, 11:57 AM

You could go get them right now, they are open. You just have to give them your credit card and ID and they will print your tickets off.

huber14
03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
You could go get them right now, they are open. You just have to give them your credit card and ID and they will print your tickets off.
Isn't the lobby usually closed on Sundays, the last time I tried to get tickets on a Sunday at Conseco the doors were locked. (It wasn't a game day though)

huber14
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Never mind, I just called and they opened at noon today. You can get them anytime before the game.

Naptown_Seth
03-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Never mind, I just called and they opened at noon today. You can get them anytime before the game.
Which if you are anywhere in the area I recommend. As many of us have discovered, the Will Call this year has been punished by some of these special deals. You probably want to avoid WC right before the game if there has been any kind of ticket promotion.

And sidebar - hey AB1077. Hardly see you pop up over here and I never get over to Star anymore. Good to see you, hope things are going well.

Swingman
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up everyone. I'll try to stop by will call before dinner.

pwee31
03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I just printed my tix out. I learned my lesson during the Hawks game earlier this year to not get will call

AB1077
03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Which if you are anywhere in the area I recommend. As many of us have discovered, the Will Call this year has been punished by some of these special deals. You probably want to avoid WC right before the game if there has been any kind of ticket promotion.

And sidebar - hey AB1077. Hardly see you pop up over here and I never get over to Star anymore. Good to see you, hope things are going well.

Yeah man, everything is good. I don't really go to Star anymore either...I'm lurking around here pretty often, just don't post that much.