PDA

View Full Version : The Game Ball - 2.25.09

duke dynamite
02-26-2009, 01:38 AM
The Real Brandon Rush

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090226/capt.7f1926e54786430f87fe2e06857eec07.grizzlies_pa cers_basketball_ints107.jpg

Rookie Brandon Rush received his first Game Ball of his career for *hopefully* coming out of his "Rookie Slump", and was very effective in the third quarter.

Rush scored 14 points going 5-11 from the field.

Ms. Dukie's Honorable Mention

This one was a really tough one. It took a little bit of thinking to work out. There were many players that could've had the honorable mention, but turnovers were a big factor tonight.

In that case, Marquis Daniels gets the Honorable Mention.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090226/capt.75b1da8738e14caeb547e6250734cf1e.grizzlies_pa cers_basketball_ints108.jpg

Daniels scored 14 points by going from 6-11 from the field. The kicker was that Marquis had 3 blocks matching his career high. What made this decision tough was the fact that he committed 5 of the Pacers' 20 turnovers. Besides that, he gets the nod.

GrangerRanger
02-26-2009, 01:52 AM
I would say Rush won't be out of his slump immediately following this game, but I can definitely see that his confidence is on the raise. As Quinn Buckner said, this kid is going to be great (some have said he is better then Danny Granger, in terms of potential) and it's shown all season. He is doing the correct things, he's beating people off the dribble, playing decent defense, coming off screens to get open and high percentage shots, he just currently lacks the confidence to actually make his efforts to get those shots worthwhile.

duke dynamite
02-26-2009, 01:54 AM
I would say Rush won't be out of his slump immediately following this game, but I can definitely see that his confidence is on the raise. As Quinn Buckner said, this kid is going to be great (some have said he is better then Danny Granger, in terms of potential) and it's shown all season. He is doing the correct things, he's beating people off the dribble, playing decent defense, coming off screens to get open and high percentage shots, he just currently lacks the confidence to actually make his efforts to get those shots worthwhile.
That's why I said "*hopefully*". :laugh:

McKeyFan
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Rush played well, for sure.

I was scratching my head to see him get benched the last few minutes of the game (except for like the last 30 seconds). I think we win this game easier with his defense at the end.

But it was good to see the rookie get some minutes and good to see Roy play until he fouled out. (Oh, that's right, he didn't.)

Alabama-Redneck
02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Roy fouls out sometimes with 5 fouls and sometimes with 6. :D

:cool:

Speed
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM

Very true, I see him getting better at not fouling, imho. He's getting closer to doing the right thing all the way through the play. Sometimes he gets all the way to the very end of the play and then will put his arms forward and get the foul. He's getting closer, though.

Major Cold
02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
I wonder if Hibbert has incentives he doesn't foul out as much? Prolly not in a rookie contract. But if Murphy has his double double incentive, you never know.

MyFavMartin
02-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Foster had a really good game.

BillS
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Rush played well, for sure.

I was scratching my head to see him get benched the last few minutes of the game (except for like the last 30 seconds). I think we win this game easier with his defense at the end.

But it was good to see the rookie get some minutes and good to see Roy play until he fouled out. (Oh, that's right, he didn't.)

I think JOB wanted to get some more offense going and felt that Rush was still not quite his best choice.

Regarding Hibbert, I was really glad he wasn't in there to get his sixth foul on a 3-point play that could have made the difference against us. Sorry, but his offense wasn't there enough last night for his defense to have been overlooked.

pacerfreak
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM

The sad part about that is of the five fouls Roy got called for I thought only two of those were worth calling. Roy doesn't get any wiggle AT all. He has done a GREAT job of taking on the chin without whining.

Thesterovic
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
What about Jack? He played 41.5 minutes, scored 20 points, had a great FG percentage, and he has improved so much playing at poth PG and SG.

duke dynamite
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
What about Jack? He played 41.5 minutes, scored 20 points, had a great FG percentage, and he has improved so much playing at poth PG and SG.
Like I said in the original post, it didn't really help that Jack had a ton of turnovers. I know Marquis had his share. It was a very hard decision, and I had to pick as if Daniels were the lesser of three evils.

Thesterovic
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Like I said in the original post, it didn't really help that Jack had a ton of turnovers. I know Marquis had his share. It was a very hard decision, and I had to pick as if Daniels were the lesser of three evils.

Good point Duke. Even though Jack had one less, Marquis did have more important baskets.

duke dynamite
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Good point Duke. Even though Jack had one less, Marquis did have more important baskets.
The Honorable Mention is not mine, but my Girlfriend's. She and I talk about it, usually argue about it for two minutes, but she always wins. That's why it's hers. If she were ever to get an account, she would add to this thread in a separate post if she really wanted to run off it it herself...lol

pacergod2
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Was it me or did the Pacers do an excellent job of blocking shots? It seemed like we made a lot of blocks on jump shots as well.

duke dynamite
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Was it me or did the Pacers do an excellent job of blocking shots? It seemed like we made a lot of blocks on jump shots as well.
Of course. It was totally out of character. You never know what to expect.

Thesterovic
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Of course. It was totally out of character. You never know what to expect.

...and that is what you can expect from the Pacers, the unexpected.