PDA

View Full Version : Boston signs Mikki Moore for Veteran's minimum

MyFavMartin
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3931649

Celtics sign Moore for rest of season
By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com

The Boston Celtics on Tuesday signed 7-foot forward Mikki Moore, a free agent who was recently waived by Sacramento, for the veteran's minimum of $1.1 million. Moore's salary will be pro-rated.

An 11-year veteran who has played for eight teams, Moore averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 rebounds in 16.2 minutes a game for Sacramento. Still, several playoff-contending teams were interested in signing him, including Denver, Dallas and New Orleans.

"It was a tough decision for Mikki," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said, "but he's known [Celtics coach] Doc Rivers for a long time and they have a good relationship. And at the end of the day, they're the defending champs and they have a heck of an opportunity to get back to the Finals."

Moore played three games for Boston during the 2002-03 season.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.
---------------------------------------------

What's this mean in terms of Sacramento's cap hit (in laymen's terms... a lot of us are hoosiers...)?

And could something similar done or want to be done with Tinsley?

count55
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
No impact on Sacramento's cap.

Nope.

Haggard
02-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Doubt the decision was that 'hard' for Mikki going from Sac to a contender.

I don't know what his playing time would be like in BOS. I would play Perkins, Powe and big baby before him.

BRushWithDeath
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Doubt the decision was that 'hard' for Mikki going from Sac to a contender.

I don't know what his playing time would be like in BOS. I would play Perkins, Powe and big baby before him.

So would the Celtics. But they needed another big and scoring off the bench. It appears they got both today.

Anthem
02-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Moore wasn't waived for the veteran's minimum. He was waived, and signed for the veteran's minimum.

:teach:

shags
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3931649

Celtics sign Moore for rest of season
By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com

The Boston Celtics on Tuesday signed 7-foot forward Mikki Moore, a free agent who was recently waived by Sacramento, for the veteran's minimum of $1.1 million. Moore's salary will be pro-rated.

An 11-year veteran who has played for eight teams, Moore averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 rebounds in 16.2 minutes a game for Sacramento. Still, several playoff-contending teams were interested in signing him, including Denver, Dallas and New Orleans.

"It was a tough decision for Mikki," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said, "but he's known [Celtics coach] Doc Rivers for a long time and they have a good relationship. And at the end of the day, they're the defending champs and they have a heck of an opportunity to get back to the Finals."

Moore played three games for Boston during the 2002-03 season.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.
---------------------------------------------

What's this mean in terms of Sacramento's cap hit (in laymen's terms... a lot of us are hoosiers...)?

And could something similar done or want to be done with Tinsley?

The answer to your second question is yes. When the Kings acquired Will Solomon, they had to waive somebody, so they chose Moore. He got his full salary for this year and the guaranteed amount for next year ($2 million).

The Pacers could waive Tinsley and pay him the full amount. Don't see it happening though.

MyFavMartin
02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Damn commas change the meanings of everything. (I was gooder at math than English.)

Changed the thread title. I was shocked that Mikki would settle for 1.1 when his contract was Tinsley-esque (~$5-6 mill).

Obviously, his mother didn't raise a fool.

pizza guy
02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Good pick up for Boston, I always liked Mikki.

jeffg-body
02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
So does this mean no Starbury in Boston?:cool:

Haggard
02-25-2009, 01:29 AM
So does this mean no Starbury in Boston?:cool:

I wouldn't count it out just yet.. the celts would find room for him

MillerTime
02-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Marbury is probably the next to go for the vet minimum...possibly to Boston, Spurs or Lakers

BKK
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Marbury is probably the next to go for the vet minimum...possibly to Boston, Spurs or Lakers

:hmm:

No

Way

In

Hell

:laugh: