PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Pacer's team salary on Hoopshype

Tom White
06-26-2004, 02:05 PM
I was looking at the Pacer's total team salary for the coming year (and beyond) on Hoopshype, and have this question.

Has anyone heard any projected levels for the luxury tax threshold for the coming year?

The Pacers are over the $60M mark, not including re-signing Johnson, Brewer or Jones, or signing either draft pick.

With that in mind, it doesn't look likely that the team would use the MLE, or any trade exceptions they have, in order to sign a FA.

Is Hoopshype accurate? Are the figures available anywhere else?

Thoughts?

Tom White
06-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Sorry, I double-posted. Admin can delete one if you like.

Hicks
06-26-2004, 02:09 PM
I did. :)

And yeah I've noticed that since late last summer, our team salary gets big the next few years. Bigger than I'd think they like.

Suaveness
06-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Well, eventually Cro's contract will end, and that will provide a HUGE relief. Though he has the option of opting out next year, I don't if he would or not (because he won't get that same money if he does). But maybe he is a better person that we think.

Also, Pollard's contract will be gone soon too. So those two will provide MUCH relief in the cap. About a good 13 million or so. Hopefully, Cro will opt out next year and resign with us at a lower amount....though I doubt it.

sixthman
06-26-2004, 06:49 PM
I read once this spring where the Pacers don't expect a luxury tax to kick in next year.

Don't know if that is true or not, but it would explain the apparent lack of budget moves.

Pig Nash
06-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I read once this spring where the Pacers don't expect a luxury tax to kick in next year.

Don't know if that is true or not, but it would explain the apparent lack of budget moves.

interesting

Hoop
06-26-2004, 07:11 PM
http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/PacerSalaries.jpg

Anthem
06-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Shoulda just let Brad walk. Definately shouldn't have signed him with our long-term payroll looking like that.