PDA

View Full Version : Murphy Rebound Poll

Will Galen
02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Myself I didn't vote on "Does Murphy get his share of tough rebounds because I'm undecided.

Is there anyway to fix a poll? I don't like the double "that murphy's and would like to fix it?

Speed
02-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Only one I differed on was tough rebounds, I said no, because I want him or Jeff to not EVER allow an offensive rebound for the other team in crunch time ala DD. It still happens at times. T

hey need to complete the defensive stand with allowing only one shot, everytime, almost. It's a big reason they beat Chicago last night, but it hasn't happen enough this season, imho.

If you don't do this you can see the air go out of the defensive intensity for teams.

Naptown_Seth
02-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I voted "no" on tough rebounds but I was on the fence. He gets several defensive tough rebounds per game, which I am satisfied with. He makes almost no contribution on the offensive end and it's not just as simple as playing on the arc.

Therefore, while I think he's a good rebounder, I'm not fully satisfied with his rebounding.

Speed
02-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I guess something to consider with Murphy with all the recent "discussions" those defensive rebounds he gets, if he wasn't getting them would they turn into offensive boards for the other team? Or would they turn into def boards for another Pacer.

Let me rephrase what I'm saying. How much of a worse rebounding team would the Pacers be without Troy. As a group.

I do have to say if Roy is the Center of the future, you almost HAVE to have a guy that is a great defensive rebounder because I'm not sure Roy ever will be.

I think this went into my process of saying "no" about tough rebounds. That and I'd like him to dominate the defensive boards end of game as he does at times throughout.

Putnam
02-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I said no on "satisfied." It's not that I'm dissatisfied. He's pretty good. He could be better. I just don't factor my level of satisfaction into it.

This whole argument struck me kinda funny. Hicks disagreed with Country Boy, and man, that was all she wrote. Personally, I can't say that I'm sorry for the things that Troy Murphy done. At least for a little while Pacer fans had some fun.

MagicRat's edit shows pretty plainly that Murphy was going for the ball and had his back to Ford. It's not as if Murphy felt Ford's hot breath on his neck as he dove into the heat. He just likes rebounding and wanted to prove it all night. On that disputed play, Murphy was so high he was the lucky one, then he came crashing down like a drunk on a barroom floor.

To those who say Murphy is padding his stats because of the clause in his contract. Well, I don't know if its true, but there's always somebody tempting somebody into doing something they know is wrong.

Country Boy
02-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I voted "no" on tough rebounds but I was on the fence. He gets several defensive tough rebounds per game, which I am satisfied with. He makes almost no contribution on the offensive end and it's not just as simple as playing on the arc.

Therefore, while I think he's a good rebounder, I'm not fully satisfied with his rebounding.

He averages 1.9 or per game, but I quess that equals almost no contribution on the offensive end.

Los Angeles
02-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Toughest question was the "satisfied" question.

I had far too many tough teachers and coaches in my life. As a result, I'm always nit-picking and demanding and therefore never satisfied.

Country Boy
02-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I find it disengenous that a few have voted yes he is a good rebounder and than say he takes rebounds away and doesn't get tough rebounds. Which is it? I would think that to be called a good rebounder one would have to at least get some tough rebounds.

Kid Minneapolis
02-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Good Lord, you all are grossly over-analyzing Troy Murphy's rebounding... jeezus, he gets rebounds, that's what power forwards do.

LoneGranger33
02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm satisfied with Troy Murphy.

Thesterovic
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Whether you like him or not, he'll be carrying us for a while. I love Murph. I liked him since the beginning of the year. Heck, at times I liked him more than Granger. I personally believe, during a game, he is in the top 5 in three pointers. Again I say, during games.

Tom White
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Your comment about offensive rebounds made me chuckle a bit (not at you). There are so many games during which I get so disgusted by the entire teams lack of positioning for, and getting of, offensive rebounds that I become darned offensive myself. I can't count the times one of our guys is shooting, and the ball comes off the rim with zero Pacers within 15 feet of the bucket.

Justin Tyme
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Good Lord, you all are grossly over-analyzing Troy Murphy's rebounding... jeezus, he gets rebounds, that's what power forwards do.

I'll 2nd that!

With this topic of Murphy's rebounding, you'd think he either wasn't doing what he's suppose to do... rebounding, or he's stealing candy from babies, knocking down little ole ladys with his grocery cart at the super market, or talking canes away from the blind while they are crossing at an intersection.

If he wasn't rebounding, then that would be a topic of conversation. Every defensive rebound he gets is another offensive chance to score! Ease up on the big guy for doing one of his PF job descriptions.... rebound.

In the past, I have never been a big fan of Murphy's due to his albatross contract and the "D" he plays, but he's having a good season. I for one appreciates it. THANK YOU TROY!

Wage
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Troy's place among the top rebounds per game this year carries the same value as Danny's place among the top of points per game.

Either buy into the stat lines, or don't.

Just don't use one guy's stat line to talk about how awesome he is, while bringing up "empty stats" to show why another guy's stats don't matter.