PDA

View Full Version : Dunleavy out for the rest of the year?

dannygranger
02-23-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57491/20090223/dunleavy_searching_for_answers_regarding_knee/

Pacers forward Mike Dunleavy says that he should have a better indication of how to treat his injured right knee by the end of the week.

"It's tough what happened," Dunleavy said Sunday. "I've got to see a couple more people. Right now it's a fact-finding process."

Dunleavy is seeking opinions from outside the organization, and it's possible that he'll miss the remainder of the season.

"I'm very disappointed," he said. "More importantly, I'm disappointed for the organization and the fans. I feel like I can't do anything about this. Hopefully we can get this right and move forward."

I personally think he should sit out the rest of the year. Hopefully he can get his knee healed and come back next year.

BRushWithDeath
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Unclebuck
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah there are only 7 weeks left of the season anyway

Bball
02-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Why comeback unless he's 100% fully healed? That is true from either side.

Shade
02-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Dunleavy is seeking opinions from outside the organization

Smart move.

WetBob
02-24-2009, 01:19 AM
I don't see any reason to let him even try it again this year. I think they'll see the light.

aceace
02-24-2009, 01:32 AM
It's kind of a strange injury. When he came back he looked healthy by the 7th or 8th game, playing pretty good. Same thing all over without doing anything to it. Didn't come down awkward or bang it. Makes me think he needs some kind of surgery.

Anthem
02-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Smart move.
No doubt. He's only been out since before the season started... it might be time to ask for more expertise than the Pacers training staff.

EDIT: In fairness, though, I'm fairly certain he's already been talking to folks outside the organization. He was in multiple cities getting it tested out before he came back the first time.

count55
02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
No doubt. He's only been out since before the season started... it might be time to ask for more expertise than the Pacers training staff.

EDIT: In fairness, though, I'm fairly certain he's already been talking to folks outside the organization. He was in multiple cities getting it tested out before he came back the first time.

Also, the organization has a history of asking for outside help, going all the way back the Dan whatshisname working with Smits' feet.

I'm sure the Pacers have no problem with him getting any help from anywhere that will get him healthy again.

I also agree with aceace in that he seemed to be healthy, doing fine (other than having a lot of rust on his shot), then, all of a sudden he wasn't. I don't know enough about physiology to even guess whether this would've been avoided by longer rest or not.

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I hung up my Dunleavy jersey for the year. No hard feelings. I hope he gets well.

avoidingtheclowns
02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I hung up my Dunleavy jersey for the year. No hard feelings. I hope he gets well.

i can only imagine how elaborate that ceremony must have been.

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 11:28 AM

:laugh:

count55
02-24-2009, 11:30 AM

I'm just alarmed about the rumors of ritual sacrifice.

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm just alarmed about the rumors of ritual sacrifice.

No animals and/or humans were harmed.

BillS
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM

Cramming the entire Bedford High School band into that room was probably the worst part.

Though the missing man flyover had problems, too...

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Cramming the entire Bedford High School band into that room was probably the worst part.

Though the missing man flyover had problems, too...
They were booked at the retirement home.

I had Rick Astley playing just for the sake of your amusement.

speakout4
02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
This is starting to look like Bender revisited. They don't know whether Dunleavy's knee is fixable either by rest or surgery so he may not be back at all or back off and on.

This is just more pacer jive that they are getting more opinions. We have heard the same thing with Bender, Tinsley, and a few more before them. It's bad when the pacers don't say anything specific such as with rest he should be as good as new or he needs surgery.

I simply don't trust the pacers PTB to tell the truth with regard to injuries..

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
This is starting to look like Bender revisited. They don't know whether Dunleavy's knee is fixable either by rest or surgery so he may not be back at all or back off and on.

This is just more pacer jive that they are getting more opinions. We have heard the same thing with Bender, Tinsley, and a few more before them. It's bad when the pacers don't say anything specific such as with rest he should be as good as new or he needs surgery.

Dun's situation is nowhere close to Bender or Tinsley's situations. Mike's injury has so far only spanned this season and has never been a problem before 2008-2009. I feel that the training staff did everything in their abilites to make sure Mike was okay to come back earlier last month.

I do not see a pattern. Don't be so quick to judge.

Hicks
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
What's disturbed me in all of this is the fact that apparently this injury stems from his days in Golden State. How was this not public knowledge at the time of the trade?

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 09:38 PM
What's disturbed me in all of this is the fact that apparently this injury stems from his days in Golden State. How was this not public knowledge at the time of the trade?

Maybe if that were true then it at the time wasn't that big of a deal. Mike has a really good track record for games played without injury or suspension.

McKeyFan
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
I hung up my Dunleavy jersey for the year. No hard feelings.

Apparently the ceremony was heterosexual.

duke dynamite
02-24-2009, 09:46 PM

Peck may disagree, but it was completely heterosexual.

avoidingtheclowns
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM

when it comes to jerseys, duke has always been buy-curious.

Kemo
02-24-2009, 09:52 PM
So , the last I remember reading , was that his kneecap had some calcification , and that it is one of those things that are very rare .. and that the dr.'s that seen him really didn't have experience in how to approach any kind of "fixing it" ...

So is my memory accurate ?

If it was ANY other kind of injury , either resting and/or surgery would correct it...

But If the calcification is what's going on .. .. I sure hope they can figure it out ... I would sure hate to see his career prematurely come to an end ..

SURELY with the kind of money these guys are being paid, they have access to the absolute best in the medical profession .. So with that being said .. My mind is a little bit more at ease, that things will turn out alright..

Hicks
02-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the hamstring with calcification.

Peck
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Mike has actually had improvements to his game over the years so he is nothing like Bender.

Ohhhhhhh you mean the injury, sorry.

speakout4
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the hamstring with calcification.
I think it was tendons around the knee but whatever it is calcification is not something that is reversible.

D-BONE
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't dislike MDJ, but I hope we at least TRIED to trade him over last offseason.