PDA

View Full Version : Will we be the Mavs and Jazz this summer?

Young
06-26-2004, 11:21 AM
In other words, are we going to perssue alot of players and have alot of opitions but never get anything big done?

Gosh I hope not.

dobermanpharaoh
06-26-2004, 11:39 AM
I don't expect any big moves.Personally I don't agree with breaking this team up.I think a lot of in-experience is what was the biggest factor in the ECF.Ya, we do need another shooter,but at what cost?I think getting rid of Ron would be a major mistake,I think he was the hardest working player this year,he was my Pacer MVP.Anyway,I hope the Pacers are thinking that as well,our defense would tank,plus he gives us scoring as well.So I don't expect anything big,they may prove me wrong! I hope not!:o

Mourning
06-26-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't expect any big moves.Personally I don't agree with breaking this team up.I think a lot of in-experience is what was the biggest factor in the ECF.Ya, we do need another shooter,but at what cost?I think getting rid of Ron would be a major mistake,I think he was the hardest working player this year,he was my Pacer MVP.Anyway,I hope the Pacers are thinking that as well,our defense would tank,plus he gives us scoring as well.So I don't expect anything big,they may prove me wrong! I hope not!:o

Second that!:bowdown:

Roaming Gnome
06-26-2004, 11:57 AM
I agree with not blowing up the team, but I would be a little dissapointed if we didn't find a way to trade Al. I'm just so disenchanted in his game that I would like to see him turned into a shooter. IMHO, him being on the team is just holding back Bender and a glimpse at James Jones.

Granted, I'm not for addition by subtraction when it comes to Harrington alone, but I hope we could get something we can use for him.

dobermanpharaoh
06-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I agree with not blowing up the team, but I would be a little dissapointed if we didn't find a way to lose Al. I'm just so disenchanted in his game that I would like to see him turned into a shooter. IMHO, him being on the team is just holding back Bender and a glimpse at James Jones.

Granted, I'm not for addition by subtraction when it comes to alone, but I hope we could get something we can use for him.

Mourning
06-26-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree with not blowing up the team, but I would be a little dissapointed if we didn't find a way to lose Al. I'm just so disenchanted in his game that I would like to see him turned into a shooter. IMHO, him being on the team is just holding back Bender and a glimpse at James Jones.

Granted, I'm not for addition by subtraction when it comes to alone, but I hope we could get something we can use for him.

I think almost all of us here aggree with you on that. Al is the main trade bait in acquiring a scoring SG (or a decent C if the opportunity were to arise, who knows what exactly goes on in the heads of management?).

Regards,

Mourning;)

dobermanpharaoh
06-26-2004, 12:06 PM

Ya,I think if we can move Al it would be great for both parties involved.I think Al was inconsistant at times.And i think bender could be something special,with more playing time,and of course the obvious;he needs to bulk up,toooo skinny!:applaud:

bulletproof
06-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Considering how Croshere spread the floor in game 4 against the Pistons, it's apparent all we really need is a consistent outside scoring threat. Someone who can score 15-18 points a night. Harrington and not much more should be able to get us that.

If Ron has worn out his stay here, then and only then do we make a push for a major talent.

bulletproof
06-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Who knows what exactly goes on in the heads of management?

I think all you have to do is look at Walsh's history to get an idea.

Based on that, I don't think he and Bird will gut the team for a major talent and will only make a trade for one if they're inclined to get rid of Ron. Even then, they're apt to do something completely unexpected, as Walsh is known to do.