PDA

View Full Version : The Pacers should go back to the old logo

Spirit
02-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I just much prefer this one -

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/224/full/5216.gif

It looks more classic and in my opinion is one of the best logos ever. The one we have now is just plain and boring and doesn't stand out at all.

Pacers13Colts12
02-22-2009, 05:38 PM
which one...i don't see a picture?

Spirit
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/224/full/5216.gif

There's the link to the picture I posted

BRushWithDeath
02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
No picture and the link doesn't work.

pacers31tc
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
This thread is going nowhere fast...

Naptown_Seth
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I just don't care for the tennis ball logo compared to the improved version.

Pacers
02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7317/indianapacers.gif

Is this the one you are wanting to bring back, JGray?

Los Angeles
02-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I like the logo only in respect to the history of the franchise.

But it is very crudely (I dare say POORLY) drawn. It looks like it was cut out of construction paper by an 8th grade art student.

The white hand can even be considered insensitive to the multicultural appeal of the game.

The ball is wrong.

That said, the 80's-00's "P" was the best logo in basketball. The recent "updates" from a couple of years ago, changing the typeface to a straight-out-of-the-box windows office font (Agency FB) and putting a gray border around the logo were both silly and unnecessary. You don't see the yankees "updating" the NY, the pacers NEVER need touch the "P".

Just my opinion on the matter.

Pacers13Colts12
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
They should put the 2 logos together, the actual basketball on the hand instead of the tennis ball, and the Pacers blue, maybe with a gold hand, blue ball and white border.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
They should put the 2 logos together, the actual basketball on the hand instead of the tennis ball, and the Pacers blue, maybe with a gold hand, blue ball and white border.

Look at my avatar! It's a concept I made mixing the best parts of the two.

I could talk forever about uniforms and logos. I read Uniwatch all the time.

Spirit
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I like Peter's idea. Yeah, i'm talking about the hand holding the ball logo. I don't know why the link and the pic I posted dosn't show, it shows for me. If Peter's was made more professional (it looks photoshopped) that would be perfect (it's not a hit on your work though Peter, it still looks good). I just like it better than the generic logo we have. About the white hand, how someone said it's bad for the multicultural appeal, what color should the hand be?

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-22-2009, 08:30 PM
If Peter's was made more professional (it looks photoshopped) that would be perfect (it's not a hit on your work though Peter, it still looks good)./QUOTE]

No offense taken. I did the best I could, without having to recreate everything myself.

[QUOTE=JGray;855364]About the white hand, how someone said it's bad for the multicultural appeal, what color should the hand be?

I've thought about this in the past, and I don't really know. I mean we use white and now grey as accent colors. White looks nice, but I understand why it would be a problem. Although if we use grey, I feel that would look extremely out of place.

The gold would also look nice, but the ball is already gold and I'm not sure it would be as nice with a different color.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I miss the old jerseys more than the old logo.

MiaDragon
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM

This.

count55
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM

I miss the old players more than the old jerseys.

IndyHoosier
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I whole-heartedly agree!!!!!

pizza guy
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
This.

Mega dittos.

This.

http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/smits_300_magic95.jpg

imawhat
02-22-2009, 10:50 PM
the pacers NEVER need touch the "P".

That's what she said.

jeffg-body
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
The original is always better looking.

pizza guy
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
BTW, in the pic I posted, the Magic's jerseys are pretty cool. I like their new pinstripes much better though. A nice modern touch on a classic. I wish the Pacers' were this cool. Not to mention, I wish Dwight Howard was a Pacer, lol.

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/newjersey_dwight300.jpg

(edit: sorry for the size of the image)

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I like the Idea with Hardwood Classic nights. I wish we had more.

There is a time in each era where it is okay to move on. There isn't much you can do to our logo to make it any different, since our name is unique.

I like each logo we've had, and no matter how it is displayed, I always remember where it came from.

In that case, I see nothing wrong with the updates we made with our current logo back in '05-'06. It really distinguishes the fact that an era ended, and a new one began.

Bring back the flo-jos for a Hardwood Classic night, though.

Trader Joe
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Give me my pinstripes with the classic 90s P and a team like the one we had the and I would be a happy fellow.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-23-2009, 05:47 AM
My all-time favorite basketball jerseys have to be the Pacers unis from 1971-1976. We should go back to those.

count55
02-23-2009, 07:17 AM
My all-time favorite basketball jerseys have to be the Pacers unis from 1971-1976. We should go back to those.

I'm pretty sure they had at least two different uni's during that time frame.

That being said, my personal favorites are the ones that were used in 72-73, which I think it what you're talking about.

I also liked the Flo Jo's.

Unclebuck
02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
No, I like the current one much, much more

2minutes twowa
02-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I remember seeing Donnie Walsh interviewed in the Pacers front office, and there was a bronze logo behind him that looked like the old logo, but the hand looked more realistic. It looked awesome. If they could come up with something like that, I'd be all for it. We haven't had a logo change in a long time. And I'm not counting the change in the lettering and adding a little gray that happened a few years ago.

naptownmenace
02-23-2009, 12:01 PM
No, I like the current one much, much more

Ditto. I hated to the original Pacers logo even as a kid. That corny looking hand holding a tennis ball was horrible design. I loved it when they switched to the updated logo during the Flo-Jo jersey years.

Spirit
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I remember seeing Donnie Walsh interviewed in the Pacers front office, and there was a bronze logo behind him that looked like the old logo, but the hand looked more realistic. It looked awesome. If they could come up with something like that, I'd be all for it. We haven't had a logo change in a long time. And I'm not counting the change in the lettering and adding a little gray that happened a few years ago.
Exactly. We need some change. Not only in the Logo but in the uniforms too. Kind of a way to show that we've moved on from the problems we've had for a few years. A new beginning, you might say.

Naptown_Seth
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Yes, but this is the uniform that Granger became an all-star in. I think if they hang on to this style for 3 more years we'll have seen plenty of memories attached to it (the uni I mean). I do agree the whole gray addition was pointless revamping. Don't get me started on the court border.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I love the current uniforms. At first I hated them, but now as time passes I love them more and more. So clean looking, just no nonsense uni design.

Dr. Goldfoot
02-23-2009, 02:10 PM
The entire court sucks. The center jump circle is more faded than my glory days. Just had this conversation @ the game on Sunday.

Hicks
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
The entire court sucks. The center jump circle is more faded than my glory days. Just had this conversation @ the game on Sunday.

Agreed. They adjust the color of their cameras so it looks right on TV, but when you're at Conseco it's painfully pale and looks bad. The whole court looks like sickly.

duke dynamite
02-23-2009, 04:40 PM

Agreed. They adjust the color of their cameras so it looks right on TV, but when you're at Conseco it's painfully pale and looks bad. The whole court looks like sickly.
All my photos turn out with a yellow tint to them. I hope we get a new court design. MSA's final court design was awesome. The big white circle in the middle, and yellow basketballs on each end.

CHALLENGE!

Someone dig up a really nice photo of what it looked like.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I doubt they would do this, but it would be really cool if they used a form of this: http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/224/full/e97hxq673fmgntgfuz23.gif

Only made the state yellow with the logo in the center and used it similar to how IU does their center court. Then maybe two different tones of wood for outside the arc and inside it. Then blue lanes, and maybe an alt logo or something inside the arcs.

duke dynamite
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I doubt they would do this, but it would be really cool if they used a form of this: http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/224/full/e97hxq673fmgntgfuz23.gif

Only made the state yellow with the logo in the center and used it similar to how IU does their center court. Then maybe two different tones of wood for outside the arc and inside it. Then blue lanes, and maybe an alt logo or something inside the arcs.
Sportslogos.net doesn't like it when you link photos.

Trader Joe
02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
There was a logo the Pacers used for some event that had their logo over the state out line and the state was blue.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
Sportslogos.net doesn't like it when you link photos.

I'm aware, I'm sure he'll kill the link soon. I don't do it on my blog, but I figured this one time won't kill him.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
There was a logo the Pacers used for some event that had their logo over the state out line and the state was blue.

see above.

Trader Joe
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I already don't see a picture.

duke dynamite
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Use Photobucket. I have it on my account, when it dies, I'll re-post it.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/waittilwednesday/e97hxq673fmgntgfuz23.gif

Here. Now I have it off my photo bucket account.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
If anyone is interested in my idea, I could make a concept really quickly.

Trader Joe
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah, that's the one I remember.

duke dynamite
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, that's the one I remember.
Heh, you make it sound like it was almost a decade ago...

jhondog28
02-23-2009, 07:21 PM
We can wear pin stripe gym mesh pennies for all I care if it meant we win ball games.

duke dynamite
02-23-2009, 07:24 PM
We can wear pin stripe gym mesh pennies for all I care if it meant we win ball games.
The NBA wouldn't allow that, we'd be disqualified. :laugh: