PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball - 2.22.09

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Troy Murphy - 3
T.J. Ford - 5

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090222/capt.c633637dcfcf41adb6e85d749ba51807.bulls_pacers _basketball_naf102.jpg <cite>
</cite>
<cite>AP</cite>

Troy Murphy had 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 assists in the win against Chicago.

T.J. had 19 points and 5 assists. Ford worked out of a loose ball and capitalized with an uncontested layup late in the 4th quarter to clinch the victory.

Conflict
02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Murphy stepping up with Dunleavy and Granger out. Very nice job, hope he can keep it up when the whole team is back.

Spirit
02-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I think Daniels deserved this more.

D-BONE
02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I think Daniels deserved this more.

Good call. Argument could be made for Jack, too, in addition to the guys suggested by DD. Excellent TEAM effort is why.

McKeyFan
02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
T.J. Ford can be rather exasperating.

Yet, he can also be a key factor in winning games.

Earlier in the game against Chicago, I was thinking: "Didn't we get rid of Jamaal Tinsley?" So many times, TJ comes up and runs around and throws up some junk without ever looking at another teammate. Yet, he does have the ability to make great passes and does so once in a while.

But here's the real deal: our offense is in pretty bad shape without him out there. Yeah, for a while Diener makes some things happen, but mostly what he can do is get a guy open on the perimeter. He can't penetrate, make things happen, score inside or hit a guy after going to the basket. TJ is pretty effective at this. Without him, we just don't have that ability to score at the end of games when defenses lock down.

Sometimes we still can't. Yep, every now and then (sometimes more than that) TJ drives into traffic and throws up ridiculous junk. But it's the better alternative to not having him out there.

I don't like it, but them's the apples that have been dealt to JOB.