PDA

View Full Version : Noon Games Suck

BRushWithDeath
02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
I just wanted to point out how much it sucks to have to leave a bar early and set an alarm just to be able to make it to the game. And they better be serving beer.

Feel free to merge this with Bulls game thread whenever it is made. God knows I won't have time to get on my computer in the morning.

CableKC
02-22-2009, 02:15 AM
Unless you're on the West Coast like me, be glad that you don't have to wake up at 9am PST in the morning to listen to the game.

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 02:16 AM
They serve beer at Sunday games...it's not a grocery store.

Noon games are awesome, because it makes time to watch the NASCAR race, and a normal dinner time with the family.

peasouptexan7
02-22-2009, 05:02 AM
LOL I'm with you BRush!

granger33
02-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Ahhh this game is gonna start at 1:10 am here in AUS.

Thinkin I'll stay up. would have more motivation if Granger and Dunleavy were playing.

31andonly
02-22-2009, 08:04 AM
There's nothing better than a noon or afternoon game! I finally don't have to stay up 'til 4 in the morning!

Your noon game is my evening 6pm game! :)

Skaut_Ech
02-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Unless you're on the West Coast like me, be glad that you don't have to wake up at 9am PST in the morning to listen to the game.

That ALWAYS weirds me out when I'm in Vegas and I'm trying to catch up on a game. Bad enough I stay out so late when I'm there, but then waking up to watch a game or two? Phew. I don't think I could ever get used to that if I lived out west.

Will Galen
02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Ah . . . I can see how a game that you are going to attend can effect your plans. But if you plan to watch it on television, why mess your hours up? I just record the game and then don't look at any scores until I've watched it.

Erik
02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
It's beats having to wait until 10pm for a game to start when your team is out west and you have to work following morning. Kudos to the Pacer fans overseas that stay up all hours of the morning to watch our team.

xtacy
02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
noon games are the best!

grace
02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I never minded noon games. It just made deciding where to eat beforehand more of a challenge.

tde3000
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
noon games rule!
well, at least for me.

pwee31
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
ha, I went to bed around 5AM and loaded up on water and tylenol to try and not be that hungover to watch the game. So far so good, but I think I might drunk still, so I'm not sure if the hangover has passed, or is yet to arrive

xtacy
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
noon games are the best!

if i find a working link of course!

CableKC
02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
That ALWAYS weirds me out when I'm in Vegas and I'm trying to catch up on a game. Bad enough I stay out so late when I'm there, but then waking up to watch a game or two? Phew. I don't think I could ever get used to that if I lived out west.
It especially sucks for me in Vegas whenever there are early 12noon EST/9am PST games.....I have to get up extra early if I want to bet on those early morning games. It doesn't help when I've only gotten about 4 hours of sleep after playing Poker until 4am in the morning.

Los Angeles
02-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I love being on the west coast. 730 games start at 430 and just when it's over it's dinner and drinks time and I can go about the rest of my evening. I've said repeatedly over the years that west coast teams are more popular only because the entire nation can watch their home games. Most west coasters don't get off weork until after the east coast games are over so they are rarely able to get to know the teams without league pass, a dvr and a lot of time. Meanwhile it's not a biggie for east coasters to stay up for the second leg of a double header on TNT.

Naptown_Seth
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
In Hawaii for the 2003 MLB playoffs. Done by something like 2pm and I watched the games from the beach tiki bar. So put that down as a vote for "I COULD get used to this". :)

I love being out west for sports and having them start/end sooner.

I have to get up extra early if I want to bet on those early morning games.The one problem emerges. ;) It feels wrong when you are skipping breakfast to get your bets in on time. But then when you take the Colts over the Ravens plus the under it ends up feeling oh so right. :D

Sollozzo
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I love being on the west coast. 730 games start at 430 and just when it's over it's dinner and drinks time and I can go about the rest of my evening. I've said repeatedly over the years that west coast teams are more popular only because the entire nation can watch their home games. Most west coasters don't get off weork until after the east coast games are over so they are rarely able to get to know the teams without league pass, a dvr and a lot of time. Meanwhile it's not a biggie for east coasters to stay up for the second leg of a double header on TNT.

I don't think west coast teams are more popular. Sure the Lakers are the most popular team in the NBA, but the Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, and Pistons are arguably more popular than every team outside of the Lakers.

SoupIsGood
02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
It feels wrong when you are skipping breakfast to get your bets in on time.
:laugh:

jeffg-body
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
:laugh:

I understand your frustration. I lived in Germany for three years and waiting until 3am to watch any sports games just sucked, unless it was on a Friday or Saturday night.

:buddies:

HC
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
One of these days here I will drink a beer for those of you that even have BRush's problem in the first place. Partying at the bars really isn't an option for me, never has been.

PacersRule
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
A game won by definition is a good game.....but really, I prefer night games too, they make me look forward to them more!

2minutes twowa
02-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I only love noon games when they're on nationally tv. Used to love coming home from church to hear the NBA on NBC music and see the skyline shots of Indy. Especially at playoff time. Gets me pumped just thinking about it!:happydanc