PDA

View Full Version : Foster trade to Nuggets was discussed

MillerTime
02-21-2009, 01:26 AM
[Nuggets] inquired about Indiana Pacers center Jeff Foster and were connected to rumors involving New York Knicks forward David Lee and Chicago Bulls big man Joakim Noah. In the end, nothing materialized.

By Aaron J. Lopez,
RockyMountain News
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/19/nuggets-inactive-trade-deadline-passes/

Pacersfan46
02-21-2009, 01:27 AM
That is not what that says at all.

Misleading topic title.

-- Steve --

ReginaldWayne
02-21-2009, 01:28 AM
heh ?

DGPR
02-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Inquired about pick
for Foster
or Noah
or Lee
head

asploding

Unclebuck
02-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I changed the thread title.

Not sure the thead is even needed, who doesn't know the Nuggets and Bobcats tried to get Jeff

BRushWithDeath
02-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm shocked I got an infraction in this thread. If anyone it should have been the OP for the original title.

idioteque
02-21-2009, 12:15 PM
They called, but were probably offering garbage contracts and it never materialized. We could have traded Foster for something pretty decent if we didn't resign him, what a terrible decision. And this comes from someone who likes Foster. I could see this as like a ten minute phone call and I don't think anything serious was ever discussed. Just my speculation, of course.

vnzla81
02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I like Foster but it makes me mad every time the pacers said that they are not willing to trade him.

Suaveness
02-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm shocked I got an infraction in this thread. If anyone it should have been the OP for the original title.

You got an infraction?

BlueNGold
02-21-2009, 12:51 PM
It's hard to put a price on how reliable he has been over the years. No, he's not a great player but he's a good one that has taken an enormous beating over the years...and stayed relatively healthy under the circumstances. We probably still need him with Rasho being a temporary fix.

As for his salary, he might be overpaid based on his age and his production...but not grossly overpaid. Anyway, he probably deserved a bump in salary simply to put up with the garbage over the last 5 years. I say keep him and let him retire a Pacer. He deserves it and the value he would bring back for a rebuild, at this point in his career, is simply not that great.

vnzla81
02-21-2009, 12:58 PM
It's hard to put a price on how reliable he has been over the years. No, he's not a great player but he's a good one that has taken an enormous beating over the years...and stayed relatively healthy under the circumstances. We probably still need him with Rasho being a temporary fix.

As for his salary, he might be overpaid based on his age and his production...but not grossly overpaid. Anyway, he probably deserved a bump in salary simply to put up with the garbage over the last 5 years. I say keep him and let him retire a Pacer. He deserves it and the value he would bring back for a rebuild, at this point in his career, is simply not that great.

That is the difference between a bad team and a good team. The good teams never fall in love with a player, they know when is time to move on and the bad teams like the pacers fall in love with players and then when their value is really low they trade them for crap. That is one reason why the Colts are good because they know when is time to move on, just look at what they did with AJ and what they are going to do with MH.

jhondog28
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Foster reminds me of players such as Brian Cardinal and Matt Harpring. Guys that dont give a darn about off the court rewards they just want to play for their teams and play hard. It is sad that we are needing to trade him but there comes a time when you need to look at the big picture and towards the future. He is one of those guys that when traded he will come back to Conseco and play against the Pacers and would immediately receive a standing HUGE ovation.

BlueNGold
02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
That is the difference between a bad team and a good team. The good teams never fall in love with a player, they know when is time to move on and the bad teams like the pacers fall in love with players and then when their value is really low they trade them for crap. That is one reason why the Colts are good because they know when is time to move on, just look at what they did with AJ and what they are going to do with MH.

That's partially correct. The Colts are good for the reasons you describe. However, the main reason the Pacers have kept Foster is the unreliability of their other big (Jermaine) over the last 5 years...and to a smaller extent for the reasons you describe. Finally the Pacers have a couple real centers on the team, and Foster is expendable. I suppose they could trade him now, but again, his value is not that great. Too late now IMO.

Jose Slaughter
02-21-2009, 02:54 PM
They called, but were probably offering garbage contracts and it never materialized. We could have traded Foster for something pretty decent if we didn't resign him, what a terrible decision. And this comes from someone who likes Foster. I could see this as like a ten minute phone call and I don't think anything serious was ever discussed. Just my speculation, of course.

I like Foster but it makes me mad every time the pacers said that they are not willing to trade him.

Foster was given an extension because Bird knew that Nesterovic was going to be gone next year & although Hibbert has a lot of potential he can't be the only center on our roster in his second or even third year.

Foster might have been delt if the Pacers were going to get a younger big man with a reasonable contract back, but that just wasn't going to happen in todays NBA.

Look, I know Foster isn't what he once was. Do you really think any GM in league thinks different?

Realize what hole Foster leaves before complaining that he should have been moved.

Naptown_Seth
02-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Dear Larry,

I'm offering a kick to the crotch and a baseball bat shot to the temple in exchange for $200 (you give me the $200, I give the kick and shot).

Call me unless you are too dumb to want to deal. Prove you are competent by making this move your team badly needs. Don't just sit on your hands like a hillbilly idiot.

- Nap

:tap:
:signit:

:kicknuts:
trade option - :buttkick:

However I'm going to have to pass on your latest option of
:pillow:

Pacersfan46
02-21-2009, 03:35 PM
This topic was much more fun before it was edited.

However those posts did need to be deleted, even though the comments were well earned by the horrific mistake that started the thread. LOL

-- Steve --

Jose Slaughter
02-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Dear Larry,

I'm offering a kick to the crotch and a baseball bat shot to the temple in exchange for $200 (you give me the $200, I give the kick and shot).

Call me unless you are too dumb to want to deal. Prove you are competent by making this move your team badly needs. Don't just sit on your hands like a hillbilly idiot.

- Nap

:tap:
:signit:

:kicknuts:
trade option - :buttkick:

However I'm going to have to pass on your latest option of
:pillow:

One day you'll need to explain this to me cause I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Will Galen
02-21-2009, 04:40 PM
One day you'll need to explain this to me cause I have no idea what you're trying to say.

He's saying he's mad and wants to have a pillow fight with Larry Bird.

HC
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Yikes, I got an infraction just for loling at what you said.

Kemo
02-22-2009, 02:18 AM
haha off topic ... but since it is about Foster....

I remember alot of people thinking Jeff looks like Angelina Jolie...

and I happened to see something funny ...

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050906/04/3395483099.jpg
james haven voight (angelina's brother)

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050906/03/3009468237.jpg
james haven voight (angelina's brother)

http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/Jeff-Foster.jpg
Foster

http://sixers4guidos.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/jeff-foster.jpg
a REAL OLD foster pic , possibly high school lol

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Kemo, your analysis is the most important part of this thread. Shoulda coulda is not interesting.

Hicks
02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Shade, why didn't you tell me you had a sister? Is it fun babysitting a dozen babies at once? :D

Pacersfan46
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Shade, why didn't you tell me you had a sister? Is it fun babysitting a dozen babies at once? :D

:laugh:

-- Steve --