02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
http://origin.nba.com/jazz/news/0809_larry_h_miller022009.html

This is really sad. :(

Shade
02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
R.I.P. :(

Roaming Gnome
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Yikes.. Diabetes complications got him pretty quick. It was only a couple weeks that complications of diabetes led to his legs being amputated.
From my visits to Utah, he was a figure that was hard to miss. Highly respected in that community.
Sad story. :rip:

idioteque
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Utah has always been a well-run organization. Small market, but they're always competitive. I'm sure he was a big part of that. Sorry to hear, RIP.

ReginaldWayne
02-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Sad, he was a good guy. Let Fish be with his daughter.

Ragnar
02-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow thats scary. If diabetes can kill a 64 year old billionaire what chance do I have when I eventually become diabetic.

Roaming Gnome
02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow thats scary. If diabetes can kill a 64 year old billionaire what chance do I have when I eventually become diabetic.

If you have diabetes, you can control it and live a rather healthy life. It takes a lot of work and will power. My parents show both sides of it. My mother is very active in watching her sugar intake, weight, and is religious about her medication and monitoring her blood sugar. She is doing very well and hasn't had any signs of complications. Her blood sugar test within the ranges of a normal person.

My father on the other hand didn't take his having type 2 seriously. He was diagnosed with it 22 years ago and continued to living as if he didn't have type 2. He loves to eat sweets and isn't very active. He never monitored his sugar. He essentially acted like he didn't have type 2. My dad was fine pretty much for most of the time after his diagnosis until about 4 years ago. He started having a lot of different things happening leading up to 4 major eye operations.

Diabetes sucks. By time you start suffering major complications... It's too late. There isn't a whole lot you can do. Not to get too personal, I have type 2 diabetes and watching my father suffer along is enough to be "scared strait".

idioteque
02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, everything Gnome said is right. My uncle has diabetes and does not treat it properly. He is consequently in the hospital a lot. I am not sure but I think diabetes can occur either from genetics or an unhealthy lifestyle, so if it is not in your family and you take good care of yourself you should be okay.