PDA

View Full Version : Granger could be out 3 weeks

rel
02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57429/20090219/granger_could_miss_up_to_three_weeks/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Pacersfan46
02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I truly believe he was moving differently because of the injury he already had, and it caused this.

I'm fine with it, actually. Just make sure you're 100% before you come back, damn.

-- Steve --

2minutes twowa
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Let the race for the #1 pick begin:D

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
the brightside to this, Rush should see at least 30 minutes a night until he is back.

BPump33
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I just got one of those mass texts from the Pacers saying Granger would be out 10 days to 3 weeks with partial tendon tear..........:(

PacersRule
02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
It's actually not that bad. Chances are we aren't going to make it into the playoffs anyway. The important thing right now is that Danny recovers completely before he really comes back.

Shade
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
February 19, 2009: The Day The Season Died

Lord Helmet
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Not as bad as I thought, but still this is terrible.

Doddage
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Okay, so this should theoretically improve our chances at a better pick. No Granger or Dunleavy leaves us with basically Quis as our best wing option, with Ford, Jack, and Murph carrying the rest of the scoring load. That certainly shouldn't be enough to get us many wins.

Roaming Gnome
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
That's about par for this golf course...

Infinite MAN_force
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Well without Dunleavy and Granger, this team is clearly lottery bound. That was already pretty clear, but now there is absolutley no doubt. This should be a big oppurtunity for Rush to step up, because we are missing 40 points worth of scoring, and I can already see tons of bad shots thrown up by TJ Ford in our near future. I would like to see McBob get some burn ahead of Baston too if the playoffs are really out of the picture.

Pacers24Colts12
Let's see what Rush and Hibbert got, now is the time. Rush should be playing around 25-30 minutes a game, no excuses for it. The season is over, screw playing Graham and Quis over him.

trey
Granger was the most exciting thing about watching a Pacers game.

CableKC
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
the brightside to this, Rush should see at least 30 minutes a night until he is back.
With Dunleavy out as well, I wouldn't be surprised if JO'B would just play Ford at point, Jack at SG and Marquis at SF for 32 mpg a piece....that would leave BRush, Graham and Diener with the remaining scraps at the PG/SG/SF rotation.

BRush will get minutes....but I can totally see him behind Graham in the SG/SF rotation.....both of who would be behind Marquis and Jack as the Starters.

Lord Helmet
02-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Granger was the most exciting thing about watching a Pacers game.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's going to be tough to continue to follow the D-League team now.

tfarks
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Blessing in disguise.

Granger doesn't play through injuries anymore for a worthless season.
The rookies' minutes go up considerably.
The Pacers plant themselves firmly in the lottery race. Losing Granger will make this team bad enough to get a good pick. No more of the barely missed playoffs/high pick limbo.

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM

Don't be so dramatic. The season was dead long before today.

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 05:38 PM
With Dunleavy out as well, I wouldn't be surprised if JO'B would just play Ford at point, Jack at SG and Marquis at SF for 32 mpg a piece....that would leave BRush, Graham and Diener with the remaining scraps at the PG/SG/SF rotation.

BRush will get minutes....but I can totally see him behind Graham in the SG/SF rotation.....both of who would be behind Marquis and Jack as the Starters.

no way, hes already ahead of Graham while DG was in the line up, and at this point it would be completely pointless to have Graham taking up Rush's mins. But yea I can see quisy getting a lot of mins but is he even 100 % with his back ?

DocHolliday
02-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Don't be so dramatic. The season was dead long before today.

No kidding. Anyone who saw this team at the Pepsi Coliseum in the preseason had to know it was going to be an uphill struggle.

McKeyFan
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM

The 19th is generally a bad day of the month for us.

Hicks
02-19-2009, 05:55 PM
It sucks, but then again, I'm almost glad for the side-effects of this injury because it should force the Pacers to commit to the young guys the rest of the way, and it will likely bump our draft pick up a few notches on the board in June.

Mourning
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I truly believe he was moving differently because of the injury he already had, and it caused this.

I'm fine with it, actually. Just make sure you're 100% before you come back, damn.

-- Steve --

Yup! I didn't feel good about him returning as soon as he did when he himself he wasn't feeling 100% yet. I also think it was rather risky to do and considering the JO saga in the past I would have guessed management would have been wiser to just tell him to sit and heal properly. It's not like we are or were going to make waves anyway.

DGPR
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Well then......lets play the rooks and McRoberts some major minutes and see about this future I keep hearing about.

Hicks
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Looking at the schedule, Danny will miss the next 6-10 (if he comes back exactly 3 weeks later) or 11 (if he doesn't) games.

Schedule:

@ Minn
vs Chic
@ NY
vs Memph
@ Bos
vs Denv
@ Sac
@ Port
@ Clipp
vs Utah
@ Atlanta

Sollozzo
02-19-2009, 06:04 PM

This season has been dead for a while.

I love watching Danny play, but at least this means Rush will get some time. He's not going to get better until he plays.

It's all about improving for next season now. Hibbert has been extremely promising, so if Rush can improve along with getting a decent player in the draft then I think we'll make a serious run at the playoffs next season.

Brad8888
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
It may also force us to do two other things on the court, namely focus on defense and slow the pace of the offense. Both of those things would improve the chances of development of our young guys, while at the same time improving our overall execution as a team. We may actually be pleasantly surprised at our performance level once we become used to it.

Kemo
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Like Tfarks said... this IS a blessing in disguise...

It is only gonna make us a very much ready team for next season...

Rush and Hibbert both are gonna get more considerable floor time..

Which is awesome, because it will really put the start of next season in perspective, as to what we actually have with our rooks..
I REALLY hope McRoberts gets 20+ mpg , I think he will be a real shocker , as to how good he REALLY is .. There is a reason he was the most highly touted player coming out of highschool.. I think back then he had a big head, and it over-rode his work ethic.. That's the reason why I think he didn't do a whole lot at Duke, and why his stock dropped considerably .. I ALSO think that going to the D league was a humbling experience for him, and he grew up ALOT .. I genuinely believe he LOVES being a Pacer, and has worked hard to improve his game, and his work ethic...

I would love to see him play the rest of the season and show everyone he is capable of being our starting PF .. I don't know if it is in the cards, but I would like him to have the chance.. cause I think he will earn it , if given the opportunity ...

In all honesty , I kinda like the feeling of getting to watch our young guys develop in front of our eyes .. It is alot more refreshing to me at this point ..than watching our injured roster fight to keep a playoff hope alive... and our young guys not seeing as much floortime as we would like...

I take this as a silver lining.... Let us hope JOB doesn't screw THIS up ..

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
who thinks that if games are still close in the 2nd half, especially going down into the 4th q, job will still not let hibbert finish, let alone play more than 5 mins in the 2nd half?

Cherokee
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Ugh! That's all. Ugh!

Thesterovic
02-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Well Diener can actually win us games. Yes he can.

He runs the floor like a franchise player. Im friggin' serious. I was live at the Sixers and Pacers game, and the dude owns all human life forms on this Earth. He's up in the ranks right behind Chuck Norris.

vnzla81
02-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Well Diener can actually win us games. Yes he can.

He runs the floor like a franchise player. Im friggin' serious. I was live at the Sixers and Pacers game, and the dude owns all human life forms on this Earth. He's up in the ranks right behind Chuck Norris.

I would say Chuck Norris and Jeff Foster.....................:laugh:

owl
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Looking at the schedule, Danny will miss the next 6-10 (if he comes back exactly 3 weeks later) or 11 (if he doesn't) games.

Schedule:

@ Minn
vs Chic
@ NY
vs Memph
@ Bos
vs Denv
@ Sac
@ Port
@ Clipp
vs Utah
@ Atlanta

2-9 I predict

PacersRule
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Schedule:

@ Minn
vs Chic
@ NY
vs Memph
@ Bos
vs Denv
@ Sac
@ Port
@ Clipp
vs Utah
@ Atlanta

Expect some blowout losses?

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-19-2009, 07:47 PM
2-9 I predict

Agreed. You can already chalk up the 7 on the road as L's. Lose to Utah & Denver at home too, and there's your 2-9 with maybe 2 wins against Chicago and Memphis at home.

Doug
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
You guys predicting 2-9 are way off. The Pacers have a history of stepping up when short-handed.

We'll go 7-4, then Granger will come back early for the playoff push and re-injure himself.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
You guys predicting 2-9 are way off. The Pacers have a history of stepping up when short-handed.

We'll go 7-4, then Granger will come back early for the playoff push and re-injure himself.

Is Rick Carlisle back as coach?

Kemo
02-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I think we will do just fine ...

As someone else mentioned .. 7-4

That seems very plausable... Our bench really does step up and get the job done when our backs are against the wall with injuries.., as they have shown in the past...

It's really sad that JOB doesn't properly utilize our bench, because if he did, we wouldn't be sitting in the position we are now... as far as wins/losses

But that is just my own personal opinion..

Our guys are gonna step in and handle business..

jeffg-body
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I just hope they wait and let him come back fully healed. I think we were already lottery bound, but maybe we could get a better chance with those darned ping pong balls. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade to get a second pick as well, if it were top 20.

Evan_The_Dude
02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Put me in the "We'll do better than expected" camp. I think Rush is going to be a real surprise, and Quis will return to his early season form. Granger is really all we're replacing when you think about it because Dunleavy has already been gone the majority of the year. I've seen some offensive ability from Rush, and his defense as of late has been sharp too. If one more person besides Quis or Rush can step up their scoring then I don't think we'll miss Granger as much as we think.

danman
02-19-2009, 08:58 PM
There's certainly nothing in Rush and Hibbert's way anymore... I'm sure they'll both play regularly from here on. Marquis and Rasho are unlikely to stick, so they'll got slots to fill next year if they can step up.

Not a bad deal. We get to see how they learn. Hibbert has shown flashes, but Rush has mostly looked a bit lost. He's got a no pressure chance to find himself.

Danny needed to sit anyway. I appreciate a guy playing hurt, but he lost his lift and there's no way a bruise like that heals when you keep going out there. Now he can rehab them both and get a rest. Win/win.

Though I do hate missing the playoffs.

DgR
02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
this injury will force the other guys to step up their play. This could also increase their stocks heading towards the summer. Plus this injury might actually land us a good pick

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Some of you think we can go 7 - 4 in that stretch of games ??? have we even put together a 7 - 4 stretch all yr?

vnzla81
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Some of you think we can go 7 - 4 in that stretch of games ??? have we even put together a 7 - 4 stretch all yr?

I think is 7loses and 4 wins.:eek:

Evan_The_Dude
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM

Some of us still think back to the year of the brawl when we put a bunch of nobody's on the floor and still made noise. Then again that was Carlisle's team...

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2009, 09:17 PM
If we would have gone 6-5 with Granger I'd have been pleasantly shocked. I expect about 4-7 regardless of his injury. 7-4 is insanity.

Major Cold
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I say we win 3 games.

ChicagoJ
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I can't believe all you guys want the team to "tank" now.

Where are the D-league guys we can sign to push us to a playoff spot?

Chicago threw in the towel. Philly and Milwaukee have injury issues. We know the Bobcats and Nets aren't really any better than we are and our schedule is easier.

Come on, the playoffs have never been more "in reach" than today. If the Knicks can make a serious push, so can we! Besides, Kstat tells us the Pistons are on the verge of a total collapse. Wouldn't it be sweet to beat them out of the eighth spot?

:sunshine:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Or not.

YoSoyIndy
02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't believe all you guys want the team to "tank" now.

Where are the D-league guys we can sign to push us to a playoff spot?

Chicago threw in the towel. Philly and Milwaukee have injury issues. We know the Bobcats and Nets aren't really any better than we are and our schedule is easier.

Come on, the playoffs have never been more "in reach" than today. If the Knicks can make a serious push, so can we! Besides, Kstat tells us the Pistons are on the verge of a total collapse. Wouldn't it be sweet to beat them out of the eighth spot?

:sunshine:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Or not.

I agree with you -- I'd prefer being in the playoffs. I just think it is unlikely even w/ other teams throwing in the towel.

Granger's injury scares me. Dunleavy being out isn't good. It's not like we're set up to make a run beyond SOS.

switch
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Three weeks is a long time, so I'm going to assume that Quis will miss a few games while Granger and MDJ are out too. I also won't be surprised if Danny misses more time than expected because injuries always seem to take more time to heal than they originally tell us (MDJ at the beginning of this season and JO last year) I agree with 2 wins during this stretch.

On the bright side of this week, there won't be any broken hearts at the end of the season when we don't make the playoffs and this is definitely going to improve our draft pick.

HC
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I think is is best for Granger to just shut it down and let himself heal up. However long that may be, just do it. Like it has been said, let them young guys go out there and play. Always go out to win games, and look toward the lottery. After all these mid to late 1st rounders we have had, a top 5 would be great.

HC
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Put me in the "We'll do better than expected" camp. I think Rush is going to be a real surprise, and Quis will return to his early season form. Granger is really all we're replacing when you think about it because Dunleavy has already been gone the majority of the year. I've seen some offensive ability from Rush, and his defense as of late has been sharp too. If one more person besides Quis or Rush can step up their scoring then I don't think we'll miss Granger as much as we think.

I wish Rush could start hitting them open 3's. In fact I think everytime that Quis and Rush are on the floor together, Daniels should defer to Brandon. I am sick of seing Marquis throw up 3's.

ChicagoJ
02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree with you -- I'd prefer being in the playoffs. I just think it is unlikely even w/ other teams throwing in the towel.

Granger's injury scares me. Dunleavy being out isn't good. It's not like we're set up to make a run beyond SOS.

Did you miss my sarcasm? I've wanted Rush and Hibbert in the starting lineup since day #1.

This season has only served one purpose - develop young players like Danny, Roy, Brandon, and Jarret - for a long time. And its been about 50% successful.

Einstein
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I have been optimistic about the Pacers playoff hopes for a long time. However, Granger's latest injury has me really doubting that anything can happen.

If we were to make the playoffs JOB should get coach of the year. I think the most important players will be Ford followed by Hibbert. If we could build an offense around both those guys -- and they could handle it -- we could have a chance. Both have something concrete to offer. TJ has speed. Roy has his interior moves and size.

My feeling is that Quis is a great Robin, but never a Batman. He can step up and do good things when there is chaos, but only when people aren't ready for him. Rush is a good defender but really adds zero on the offensive end (other than some athleticism around the rim). Murphy, Rasho, Jack, and Diener can all do their thing if Ford and Hibbert can take the pressure off -- like Danny did.

The key is can JOB turn the offense over to those guys and do they have the talent to keep it competitive. The answer is most likely no. Its just a scenario that I think gives us a chance.