PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Forum Party Update 7-3

Jose Slaughter
06-26-2004, 01:01 AM
Well, by now you should have a pretty good idea if you are comig or not so lets move on.

RWB knows former Pacer Billy Keller & managed to get him to autograph some papers that later turned out to be certificates of appreiciation.

There are three & they will be handed out at the party on the 10th

With a group this size I would like to give them some idea ahead of time what we would like tro order. I'm gonna call in on the 8th with the info.

I figure I can pre-order 3 or 4 & if we need a couple more we can add them later.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks everybody, see ya next weekend.

If you live in the Indianapolis area or would like to make the drive into our fine city, you are most welcome to our....

4th Annual Pacer Forum Party

Saturday July 10 at 6:00
Castleton Pizza King

The Briggsy's Pizza King is located at 82nd street & Center Run Drive, just east of the Castleton Square Mall. I've noticed they have added a sign at the entrace to the parking lot on Center Run Drive.

The restaurant is in a free standing building in the middle of a parking lot.

If you were standing at the entrance you would be looking east & would see Hooters.

To the south is the Red Lobster

To the north is Burlington Coat Factory

There is a rather large billboard directly over the top of the building. It is rather easy to find, but if you feel you need more info please feel free to call. The Briggsy's Pizza King phone number is 577-4040.

We will be in an area set up for larger groups. About half the dinning area is booths or tables for 2 or 4 people. Our section has a very short wall around it.

You could always ask where the Pacer's Party is but I think for the most part it will be pretty clear where we are.

If you have any question let me know.

If you are not on one of the list below, feel free to add your name. Even if you lurk more than post, you are welcome to come.

Not everyone here list a city where they live, if you know someone that lives near by....feel free to pester them until the agree to attend.

NOT REALLY!

You can ask them though.

Here is the general info with our updated list.

Each summer we have a little get together to meet & greet the friends that we have made here on line over the years.

The date, time & location are listed above.

There are a couple rules that we have.

1. Everyone that reads this forum is invited.

2. If you have mentioned you will be there & can't make it, no biggie. If you show up out of the blue, then you will be a surprised guest & thats always fun.

3. I only listed a start time as a general rule of thumb. If you want to arrive a few minutes early & try to outlast Peck, Uncle Buck & myself, good luck.

If you want to arrive late & just stay for an ice cold Dr. Pepper, that's fine too.

We never have had a set "agenda" or anything like that. We usually start off talking Pacer basketball & that leads to general NBA & forum discussions.

The Pizza King serves a pretty good pizza as well as the usual selections you might find in a family dinner.

There is beer & wine available but you will need to be 21 to enjoy. The atmosphere & discussion is always "family friendly", so if you would like to bring along younger Pacer fans, that would be great too.

I like to make sure I get the word out early & offen because we have some friends that might be coming in from out of town & I want to make sure they have ample notice.

As you might recall. I will not have a set "guest" list but I will have a couple list that I will refer to from time to time.

The first is the I am really gonna try to make it list.

The second will be the I want to, but I won't know until the last minute list.

I'll post another "Pacer Digest Pacer Forum Party" thread each weekend until the big day. You can add, subtract or change from one list to another as offen as you like.

I am really gonna try to make it

Jose Slaughter
Peck
Fire the Coach
Diamond Dave
Zesty
Burnzone
ABA Days
Hicks
Uncle Buck
Magic Rat
Suaveness
RWB
Mrs. RWB
Roaming Gnome
Tim
Kegboy
Big Mac
obnoxiousmodesty
obnoxiousmodesty's roomie
TheSauceMaster
Pacer Crazy

I want to, but I won't know until the last minute
Indy Geezer
GEL
Ragnar
Stryder
naturallystoned
Pacersrule04
Shade

Sorry but I can't make it
Bball
Diego
MSA2CF
Doug
Displaced Knick
Arkman
Jay@Section222
Hoop
btowncolt

added info

Unclebuck
06-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Jose, I'll be there for sure unless I have an emergency of some kind.

I realize people back out at the last minute, but if everyone does show who is "going to really try" can Pizza King squeeze us all in. Please don't let this comment dissuade anyone from coming. Jose what is the largest group you have ever had for one of these parties.

Jose Slaughter
06-26-2004, 02:11 PM
I think we had 9 or 10 last summer.

I think there will be plenty of room for everyone. It will a Saturday night in the middle of July. I'm sure there will be some other dinners but for the most part we should rule the place.

One thing we might want to consider is, getting an idea what kind of pizza everyone wants. If we have a couple dozen people show it might be asking a lot for them to make 5 or 6 pies at one time.

How about we do this....

If you are pretty sure you are gonna make it, let me know your choice of toppings.

When I call in on the 8th I'll let them know what our order is.

Hicks
06-26-2004, 02:12 PM
At Pizza King, I'm a pepperoni man. :)

Suaveness
06-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Well, I'm a vegetarian :o , so cheese would be fine. I also don't mind any combination of onion, cheese, and green pepper, but whatever. Any of those works for me. (I realize the demand for pizzas with veggies is probably low ;) )

ChicagoJ
06-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Sorry, guys. I'm 100% out now.

After wrestling with construction traffic all day yesterday (following a friend's wedding in Indy Saturday night), my wife has vowed that we aren't leaving Chicago (southbound) for the rest of the summer.

:sadbanana:

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 11:59 AM
:cry:

Unclebuck
06-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Word of warning for those who don't go we talk about you.

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Word of warning for those who don't go we talk about you.

I'll be happy to mention Jay's bad taste in ties... :devil:

MagicRat
06-28-2004, 12:45 PM

After wrestling with construction traffic all day yesterday (following a friend's wedding in Indy Saturday night), my wife has vowed that we aren't leaving Chicago (southbound) for the rest of the summer.

The key word I see there is "we".

Jayswife@Chicago
Jay@PizzaKing

:P

On that note, I will announce that I won't be attending because UB is afraid there will be too many people and he won't get any pizza.....sort of like Milton in "Office Space".

"The ratio of people to cake is too big"......

http://www.gothamist.com/images/milton_looks.jpg

Suaveness
06-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Orange Swingline!

Kegboy
06-28-2004, 05:47 PM

The key word I see there is "we".

Jayswife@Chicago
Jay@PizzaKing

:P

On that note, I will announce that I won't be attending because UB is afraid there will be too many people and he won't get any pizza.....sort of like Milton in "Office Space".

"The ratio of people to cake is too big"......

http://www.gothamist.com/images/milton_looks.jpg

Well then, I'm not going either. Don't want UB burning down the building with me in it. :o

burnzone
06-29-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm not really picky, but I don't really like veggies on pizza, except for the royal feast. I would say at pizza king, my favorites would be all meat, with extra cheese, and the royal feast. Pepperoni and extra cheese is good too, but whatever is fine with me, I'm sure enough people will like something of what is ordered.

:cheers:

RWB
06-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Since everyone is claiming now they are not going then I'll do the opposite. RWB and Mrs. RWB will be at the party driving over a hundred miles to get there. So here is the challenge to all others. Yes ladies there will be a female at the party (no excuse for women fans not to show), and other than those who live great distances away it is worth the driving time to be there. ;)

As an incentive Jose and I have a surprise for 3 lucky attendees to the party.

Besides great Pacer talk there will be an exclusive only those who attend Jose's annual party will see.

Mystery eh. :arrgh:

Jose Slaughter
06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
RWB

I'm gonna let everyone in on the deal when I update the thread at the end of the week.

I'm sorry Jay might not make it but I think Magic Rat & Keyboy were just playing, I'm expecting them to be there.

Gyron
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Can't amke it Jose, sorry. Did try to arrange to be in Indy at that time, but didn't work out.:(

MSA2CF
06-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Sorry, this is offtopic, but I don't know where else to post my thought.

Someone posted on one of these things that he knows Billy Keller, the former Pacer. Does he know about this message board & does he visit often?

I think it would be pretty cool if he posted on here. What other message boards can say that they have former pro players posting on their message boards regularly or semi-regularly?

Anyway, just a thought. I knew whoever said he invited him to the party said he's a pretty busy guy, but can't hurt to ask. BTW, have you (who knows him) told him about the place?

RWB
06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Anyway, just a thought. I knew whoever said he invited him to the party said he's a pretty busy guy, but can't hurt to ask. BTW, have you (who knows him) told him about the place?

YES ;)

Jose will have more info at the end of the week.

MSA2CF
06-29-2004, 04:29 PM
YES ;)

What happens at the end of the week? :shudder::shudder::shudder:

MagicRat
06-29-2004, 04:29 PM

YES ;)

Well, that probably guarantees that it will be very crowded. In order to combat that, I will announce that I will attend....That should scare a few people off.......:arrgh:

MagicRat
06-29-2004, 04:32 PM
YES ;)

What happens at the end of the week? :shudder::shudder::shudder:

You're full of questions today :p....Jose updates his party post every weekend......

MSA2CF
06-29-2004, 04:38 PM
You're full of questions today :p....Jose updates his party post every weekend......

Hmm...Okay...Does that mean he has already been posting & he will reveal his true identity at the party!? :peak:

RWB
06-29-2004, 07:15 PM
I'd hate for someone to show up thinking Bill Keller will be there and he's not there. So the answer is no Bill Keller WILL NOT be at the forum party.

Yes he is aware of this site and the Rats forum. Yes he has an open invitation to the forum parties as long as Jose gives his blessings. Someday hopefully he may surprise us with a visit, but it has been difficult because of his summer schedule. The man is very busy with his camps during the summer and I'm afraid he'll be in Terre Haute conducting an overnight camp the 10th. Trust me he knows about the party and sends his best.

MagicRat
06-29-2004, 09:22 PM
I'd hate for someone to show up thinking Bill Keller will be there and he's not there. So the answer is no Bill Keller WILL NOT be at the forum party.

Yes he is aware of this site and the Rats forum. Yes he has an open invitation to the forum parties as long as Jose gives his blessings. Someday hopefully he may surprise us with a visit, but it has been difficult because of his summer schedule. The man is very busy with his camps during the summer and I'm afraid he'll be in Terre Haute conducting an overnight camp the 10th. Trust me he knows about the party and sends his best.

All right, I'm out again.......:p

(Any kind of pizza will do, btw.....;) )

MSA2CF
06-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks RWB. I was just speculatin,' that's all. I didn't mean to get you worked up, if I did.

RWB
06-29-2004, 11:09 PM
MSA believe me I'm not worked up at all. :P:P

That's what is great about the forum party. It seems the written word takes on a different meaning than what is meant. When we get to meet everyone at the party you get a different feel on personalities, etc.

On my Keller comments I wanted to be as accurate as possible. I didn't want anyone making a long trip to the party thinking he was going to be there. I would've felt pretty crappy about that.

No matter what the party is still a blast for anyone who is a Pacer fan. As stated before Jose will announce something not earth shattering, but pretty neat I think. The other thing as stated you'll have to be at the party to find out.

RWB

Shade
07-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Well, I was originally supposed to be moving into my new place today, but got word that the move-in date has been postponed.

Can you guess what day? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll still try to make it if I can make good time during the morning.

ABADays
07-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Let's see - Jay wins 2 PD Awards and becomes a no show. Coincidence? Hm - I think not.

Shade
07-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Well, my move-in date has been pushed back to the 16th, so if I don't have to work, I'll try once more to make it. :)

obnoxiousmodesty
07-04-2004, 01:13 AM
My roomate (who reads this forum from time to time) said she would probably like to come down and hang out too, so you might want to keep in mind there'll be one more.

Jose Slaughter
07-04-2004, 02:25 AM
There will always be room for 1 more. :)

Shade, glad to hear you might be with us.

If something happen you have to work, we'll all come over to say hi. :o Just let us know where.

RWB
07-04-2004, 11:52 AM
My roomate (who reads this forum from time to time) said she would probably like to come down and hang out too, so you might want to keep in mind there'll be one more.

That would be great as Mrs. RWB will be there for sure.

FireTheCoach
07-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Looking forward to the party.

Hicks
07-05-2004, 12:53 PM
btw, I change my pizza vote from pepperoni, to sausage.

Suaveness
07-06-2004, 10:22 AM
and cheese is good enough for me.

FireTheCoach
07-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Some people like a complicated pizza, some people like to keep it more simple.

I like a pizza with pepperoni & pineapple.... mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmm.

Hoop
07-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I know I won't be able to make now. :cry: I wasn't sure if I was going, but I decided I better go to my Family Reunion and I have the leave Friday.

PacerCrazy
07-06-2004, 10:12 PM
I will be there for sure nOW!

burnzone
07-07-2004, 01:29 AM

FTC, if you are really going to get one of those, I would be glad to throw in on one, or something.
I don't know how many others would want pepperoni and pineapple specifically, but I would be down with one of those, unless you were wanting a whole one for yourself.

I'm still ok with my original vote of pepperoni\sausage\extra cheese, or royal feast, really whatever is on the table will be fine with me, except for the all veggie stuff.

:rockon2:

MSA2CF
07-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I can't be there, but the best pizza they have, IMO, is with everything on it. :thumbsup:

MagicRat
07-08-2004, 12:35 PM
You're all going to kill me. I have to go to Symphony on the Prarie with my girlfriend Saturday night now. It feels good already being whipped at such a young age. Please remember me while you're having fun and discussing the Pacers. Maybe Rat could put a stick-figure version of me in a picture? :cry:

I've already been. Perhaps you can offer her some pictures of the event as a substitute.....

MagicRat
07-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Take two of these and call me in the morning.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/cp1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/cp2.jpg

Natston
07-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Right now it depends on if I have to work Saturday or not... :dance:

FireTheCoach
07-08-2004, 06:01 PM

FTC, if you are really going to get one of those, I would be glad to throw in on one, or something.
I don't know how many others would want pepperoni and pineapple specifically, but I would be down with one of those, unless you were wanting a whole one for yourself.

I'm still ok with my original vote of pepperoni\sausage\extra cheese, or royal feast, really whatever is on the table will be fine with me, except for the all veggie stuff.

:rockon2:

Yeah, pineapple/pepperoni pizza is good. I tried one from Papa Johns one day and I was hooked.

I'm down for sausage/pepperoni/extra cheese too.... like you said, anything but a veggie pizza. I mean, if ya want a salad then by all means eat a salad.

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
I don't care about the Pizza, Whatever you get is fine with me, I am on a diet anyway, lost almost 20lbs, although you would never know it, and yes it must mean I was really fat two months ago.

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Wow...UB, what is your secret? Do tell.

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow...UB, what is your secret? Do tell.

Two words.

Pacers playoffs.

I can't eat during time the Pacers are in the playoffs. You might think I am joking, and maybe a little bit, but I guarantee half of the weight I lost was because of the Pacers playoffs.

MagicRat
07-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't care about the Pizza, Whatever you get is fine with me, I am on a diet anyway, lost almost 20lbs, although you would never know it, and yes it must mean I was really fat two months ago.

You still look pretty stout in your avatar.......

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 10:40 PM

You still look pretty stout in your avatar.......

:laugh:

Well going from 320lbs to 300lbs is just a drop in the bucket.