PDA

View Full Version : My Rebuild Plan

purdue101
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
After tonight's peformance, I can't get the word "rebuild" out of my mind.

Trade # 1

Troy Murphy, Baston, Diener & 2nd rounders for Antoine Walker (expiring) & Darko

I actually think Troy has value. He is slightly overpaid (should be making around 7 per), but he only has two years left after this. Memphis is a team with tons of idle cap space that never gets used as no one wants to sign there. It's obvious they are in the hunt for a PF. They are the one team that can actually afford Murphy. Darko is on the books for 7.5 next year, so really they're only adding about 5 million to next years payroll.

Trade #2

Ford for Outlaw & Frye (expiring)
Outlaw, Frye (expiring), Quis (expiring), and a future IND 1st for Boozer & Collins (expiring)

I don't think Boozer is going to opt out due to his injury and the economic climate. If he doesn't, Utah is screwed with Milsap. This lets them shed 7 million off the cap so they guarantee keeping Milsap, while also getting a nice player in Outlaw and a pick. Portland wants a PG upgrade apparently.

Draft

Teague

FA

Sessions w/ full MLE. Unless Milwaukee can shed cap, they can't resign him. Felton is a nice fall back......Charlotte will probably let him walk. Let Jack walk and take the cap space.

Sessions/Teague/FA 9 million
Dunleavy/Rush 12 million
Granger/Graham/FA 12 million
Boozer/Darko/McR 21 million
Hibbert/Foster/Lorbek 8.5 million

Tinsley (or whatever we trade him for) - 7.5 million

TOTAL = 70 million (UNDER LT).

Darko and Boozer both come off in 2010, freeing up 20 million to re-sign Boozer or make a splash in FA.

purdue101
02-18-2009, 11:39 PM
sorry mods, i thought i put this in the trade forum.

it's been a long night.

ReginaldWayne
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Im down. Your best idea is drafting jeff teague

purdue101
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Teague is impressive.

If Milwaukee or Charlotte matches Sessions or Felton, who cares.....resign Jack for a couple years until Teague is ready.

Doddage
02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Memphis waived or bought out (not sure which) Walker, so we can't trade for him.

purdue101
02-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Memphis waived or bought out (not sure which) Walker, so we can't trade for him.

Then trade Murph straight up for Darko and keep Baston & Diener to expire.....same scenario.

Memphis could swing that deal b/c they are 4 million below the cap, which is less than the additionally salary they take on (3 million).

larry
02-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Murphy is having a career year.
I'm down to keep him, TJ, & Danny.
The rest is cool w/ me, but I wouldn't be mad at any trade.
Murphy is just now coming alive!!
He does make a ton, but he is a 3 point beast.

You make some good points regarding Utah's situation w/ Boozer.
He would figure to be a potent 2nd option.

pacergod2
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I really like the Frye and Outlaw straight up for Ford deal.

I like Ford but I HAVE to help the Simons out by reliving them of the extra two years on Ford's deal. It might help us break up Tinsley, Murph or Dun this offseason for a couple of smaller deals.

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2009, 01:45 AM
If Portland wants an upgrade at PG why would they want Ford?

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 01:51 AM
If Portland wants an upgrade at PG why would they want Ford?

yea really. They got a better pg in stevie

Jose Slaughter
02-19-2009, 01:59 AM
The Memphis owners are always looking at ways to drop salary. I doubt they would have any interest in Murphy.

Also, Troy is averaging a double double & hitting better than his career averages in FG & 3's. You want to move this guy & draft picks for Darko!

By the way, Murphy's numbers....

13 points
11.3 boards
.469 FG
.438 3pt FG

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2009, 02:02 AM
The Memphis owners are always looking at ways to drop salary. I doubt they would have any interest in Murphy.

Also, Troy is averaging a double double & hitting better than his career averages in FG & 3's. You want to move this guy & draft picks for Darko!

13 points
11.3 boards
.469 FG
.438 3pt FG

I'm a Murph fan but numbers don't tell the whole story with him.

d_c
02-19-2009, 03:38 AM

13 points
11.3 boards
.469 FG
.438 3pt FG

Then teams should obviously be knocking down the Pacers' door to get him.

Jose Slaughter
02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
In todays NBA its all about the money.

Almost every team is trying to cut cost & I'd say almost as many are not wanting contracts that run past next season. Murphy's does & it doesn't matter what his on court numbers are.

D-BONE
02-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Unless it's more about the system he's operating in than him as a player, I don't see how TJ constitutes much of an upgrade for most teams.

I've seen nothing that indicates he's got all-around PG skills. The only conclusion I can draw is that he can get to the rim and score...if he's not turning the ball over in the process. His defense is non-existent and he's got the injury cloud always hanging over his head.

From week to week it's unclear who's better, Jack or TJ. Both have been somewhat disappointing in my view, although I like what I perceive of their respective attitudes. Neither plays any semblance of D, IMO. Diener has virtually no D either, but I think he can be effective up to around 20 minutes per game. Jack should not start at SG.

We still need lots of backcourt help (in addition to everything else). Pardon me for stating the painfully obvious.

flox
02-19-2009, 06:36 AM
Pardon me for thinking that TJ is not playing fully healthy and hasn't been for a very long time.

Major Cold
02-19-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm a Murph fan but numbers don't tell the whole story with him.
Then everyone needs to use this logic with Foster.

Jonathan
02-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Im down. Your best idea is drafting jeff teague

Teague is a tweener can play both the 1 and 2. I have yet to decide who is the best out of this bunch: Teague, Henderson (Duke), Holiday (UCLA), Warren (Oklahoma), Brandon Jennings, or Curry (Davidson). It depends if you are looking for a PG (distributor), Scoring G, or defensive G in your rebuilding effort?

Major Cold
02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Jennings? No outside shot. None
Warren? Bill Walker 2.0 (in that Walker's value was high because of Beasley)
Curry? Is he a true NBA starter?
Henderson? Is he eve a PG?
Holiday? Interesting but can get lost in the shuffle at UCLA
Teague? Lacks half-court PG skills, but great in transition

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Then everyone needs to use this logic with Foster.

Foster doesn't bring all that much other than numbers. And he certainly doesn't bring numbers. He's a better defender than Murphy. But he's not a great defender. But he doesn't have a franchise killing contract like Murphy. I do wish he wouldn't have been resigned so he could be traded though.