PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Thread #56

LG33
02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately, there are 26 games remaining in the season.

MiaDragon
02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
http://stuffblackpeoplehate.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/vomit.jpg

That is all.

Lord Helmet
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, there are 26 games remaining in the season.
Ouch.

ReginaldWayne
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
bro thats nastier than watching tj at the rim

BPump33
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
That's funny b/c right after the game I sent a text to my buddy that said, "I seriously want to puke."

Great minds think alike.

It just sucks that when Danny went down he had just scored those 5 straight. What could have been.......

tfarks
02-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Let Granger rest. There's no need for him to keep playing hurt for this team. It could turn into something a lot worse.
A lot of people here knew there would be no playoffs, now Bird and O'Brien need to accept that and let the Pacers position themselves with better odds in the lottery.

vnzla81
02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
They need to let Danny, Dun and Foster seat and ley Roy, Rush and Mc Roberts play most of the minutes, is only 26 games left and there is not way they are going to win more than 10 games out of this.

PacersRule
02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Very unfortunate, but I think I just saw the WORST lineup Jim has ever used. Everyone knows he likes to play small, but seriously, with Murphy in the middle along with Quisy, Jack, Diener, and Ford???? What the HELL was he thinking!! It's just ridiculous...can't blame the players that they were unable to stop Wallace from getting into the paint.

DgR
02-18-2009, 10:58 PM
This season looks like it's going to end like last season. No PO. Bad pick.

ReginaldWayne
02-18-2009, 11:03 PM
If we can land a top 10 pick i think we can get a valuable player in next yrs draft

McKeyFan
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Do we win this game with Granger?

50/50 or greater, I say.

BRushWithDeath
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Do we win this game with Granger?

50/50 or greater, I say.

15/85 at best.

LG33
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Has the passion been ignited? The pride restored? I think not.

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I expected it to go down like that. Charlotte is a surging team, and has a lot of decent players (finally). Without Danny, there is really no structure out there, and no leadership.

Time will make things better. I expect Danny back Friday.

Trader Joe
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Very unfortunate, but I think I just saw the WORST lineup Jim has ever used. Everyone knows he likes to play small, but seriously, with Murphy in the middle along with Quisy, Jack, Diener, and Ford???? What the HELL was he thinking!! It's just ridiculous...can't blame the players that they were unable to stop Wallace from getting into the paint.

Travis Diener is JOB's Eddie Gill?

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
What was he supposed to do?

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
They need to let Danny, Dun and Foster seat and ley Roy, Rush and Mc Roberts play most of the minutes, is only 26 games left and there is not way they are going to win more than 10 games out of this.
Again, no.

If Danny is healthy, or at least feels healthy he is going to play. Do we really want more drama on top of losing games???

What do you think will happen to this team if you tell the arguably best player on the team to sit if he feels good enough to play?

We already have one player on this team that was told to sit out, and stay away. How do you think Danny is going to respond to something like that? He'll for sure ask to be traded in the off season.

Do we really need that? Tell me. Please, tell me. No player in their right mind will take being told to sit if they are well enough to play. That is why Tinsley filed that grievance.

C'mon, guys...

PacersRule
02-18-2009, 11:57 PM
What was he supposed to do?

Play Hibbert or Rasho or even Baston. The lineup he had had four guards and a power forward...

FireTheCoach
02-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I started watching this game at the opening tip and we were leading by 6 -10 pts during Q1... but it was boring basketball. It wasn't to hard to tell that the Pacers were going to lose this one even when they had the lead in the beginning of the game. I fell asleep sometime towards the end of Q1 and when I woke up and looked at the tv it was halftime and we were down... after Stacy said that Danny wouldn't be back I chalked it up as another loss and turned the channel.

ho-hum.... another day in the life of a Pacer fan.

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Play Hibbert or Rasho or even Baston. The lineup he had had four guards and a power forward...
He did! From what I remember Hibbert, Maceo, and Rasho all played significant minutes tonight.

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM

it didnt matter by that time we were down 12 with like 3 - 4 mins left he was tryin to find some line up that would score

Anthem
02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Let Granger rest. There's no need for him to keep playing hurt for this team. It could turn into something a lot worse.
A lot of people here knew there would be no playoffs, now Bird and O'Brien need to accept that
Word. Granger still has that bone bruise, too. Sit him, play the kids.

PacersRule
02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
it didnt matter by that time we were down 12 with like 3 - 4 mins left he was tryin to find some line up that would score

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just frustrating that we beat the Sixers last night and lose tonight.

Speed
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM

"Hmmmm, I wish we had traded for Felton, he could easily go in for Murphy."

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just frustrating that we beat the Sixers last night and lose tonight.

its frustrating but our love for the team blinds us to the fact its a reeeeally good chance theyre gna lose. beat the magic, lose to the wiz.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Maybe this should be a separate thread but I'll just put it in the post game thread.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/02/18/granger.injury.ap/index.html

Pacers' Granger sprains right foot, to have MRI

Posted Feb 18 2009 10:56PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Indiana scoring leader Danny Granger sprained his right foot early in the second quarter of the Pacers' game against Charlotte on Wednesday night.

Granger, averaging 25.3 points, pulled up after a Charlotte turnover and came out of the game during a timeout with 10:50 left in the quarter.

Granger had 12 points before the injury.

The Pacers said he would not return to the game. He's scheduled to have an MRI on Thursday, leaving him in doubt for Indiana's game at Minnesota on Friday night.

"Yeah, it's so painful," Granger said. "It's really painful. We don't exactly know what it is yet.

"That last shot I took right before I left the game, it felt like something popped in my foot. I thought I had just pulled it. I ran down to the other end, and that's when I just walked to the bench and said, 'I've got something wrong.'"

Granger is the fourth Indiana player currently out of action due to injury or illness. Forward Mike Dunleavy is out with a sore right knee, center Jeff Foster has a sprained right ankle, and forward Josh McRoberts has the flu.

"We have to see where Danny is," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said. "We're already down one 19-point scorer from last year [Dunleavy]. Certainly it would not be a good situation to have Danny go down for any extended period of time."

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Yikes.

jeffg-body
02-19-2009, 12:51 AM
its frustrating but our love for the team blinds us to the fact its a reeeeally good chance theyre gna lose. beat the magic, lose to the wiz.

I know it does suck but we can only lose so many of our quality guys to injury before it takes it's toll. With Danny, Dun and Foster we can overcome out turnover frenzies but with what we had it was too much to handle. Hopefully Danny will be ok and we get Foster back soon. I would go ahead and sit Dun the rest of the year though if he is gonna be plagued by flare-ups. I think our rooks are starting to get the NBA life a little better and next year will be a big step for them.

Trader Joe
02-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Popped.

Now, that's a scary word.

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Popped.

Now, that's a scary word.
Goes along with chipped, cracked, severed, and disconnected.

Forgot one...missing.

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 01:16 AM
I dont think we can expect danny back for at bare minimum 2 weeks. Maybe somewhere btw 2-4. Usually if ankle injuries are really painful you cant even walk on it for the next 5 days or so.

Trader Joe
02-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Goes along with chipped, cracked, severed, and disconnected.

Forgot one...missing.

Many people wanted to shut "it" down. I guess they got their wish.

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Many people wanted to shut "it" down. I guess they got their wish.
Apparently. What do we do to pass the free time?

I still would like to know if this is what "it" is.

Bball
02-19-2009, 01:43 AM
I wonder if this is one of those injuries that is really due to another injury? IOW, you favor a knee and end up using/landing/planting with your foot differently and suddenly you have a foot injury...

-Bball

Trader Joe
02-19-2009, 01:46 AM
I wonder if this is one of those injuries that is really due to another injury? IOW, you favor a knee and end up using/landing/planting with your foot differently and suddenly you have a foot injury...

-Bball

Yeah, I wonder that too. That has been my one fear with the Danny injury and why I wanted him to sit when the bone bruise originally happened.

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 02:37 AM
So what going to be the line up now that granger and dun are out?

Are we gna see Rush start at the 3 or quisy ?

Mourning
02-19-2009, 02:56 AM
A lot of people here knew there would be no playoffs, now Bird and O'Brien need to accept that and let the Pacers position themselves with better odds in the lottery.

:ding:

imawhat
02-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Please don't let it be the achilles...PLEASE.

kidthecat
02-19-2009, 05:11 AM
A Lisfranc injury is just as scary, but that's typically for American football players.

Jonathan
02-19-2009, 10:02 AM
So what going to be the line up now that granger and dun are out?

Are we gna see Rush start at the 3 or quisy ?

I would rather start Rush. This may boost his confidence a little bit. We need scoring off the bench and Q 6 can do that. I hope we pick up his team option next year. If Gooden/ Noc can net Salmons/Miller right now Q 6 and Murphy or Dun should land a lot more quality.

MiaDragon
02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
A Lisfranc injury is just as scary, but that's typically for American football players.

As soon as I read the word "pop" thats what "popped" into my head and thats NOT good.

Unclebuck
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Sounds really bad. Whenever you hear a pop, things are bad. he is probavbly done for the rest of the season which is only 8 weeks. (8 weeks from last night the regular season ends)

OakMoses
02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Questions I have about the game last night:

Why can't Brandon Rush make a shot?
Does anybody still think Ford's better than Felton?
Why was Murphy getting outplayed by Diaw and Radmanovic?
Why is Maceo Baston ever in the game?
Why was our free throw shooting so terrible?
If Jack is only going to play SG, should we resign him?

Unclebuck
02-19-2009, 11:21 AM

In order
I have no idea
I don't think Ford is better, but I don't think Felton is really better than Ford either - they are about the same and Felton wants a huge contract in the off season.
Murphy is a horrible defender
Maceo isn't bad - does some nice things
Just one of those games - no reason
Jack was our best player last night

count55
02-19-2009, 11:29 AM

Brandon's in his head, and he's beginning to approach George McCloud territory in that regard. (He's a better basketball player, but I haven't seen anyone so completely incapable of making shots, or, more accurately, so consistently capable of missing shots since George "I sprained my ankle talking on the telephone" McCloud.) I'm starting to be reminded of the catcher in "Major League." Perhaps Brandon Rush should start citing the statistics and turns ons/turn offs of Playboy centerfolds whenever he takes a shot. God knows I'm going to...if nothing else, we'll both enjoy the miss more.

Ford's a decent, but flawed player, capable of having some spectacularly bad games. Felton, btw, is too. Felton is better than Ford, until he signs his next contract this summer. Get back to me then, and I'll tell you whether he's better, worse, or the same.

I can't speak to Vlad Rad, but sometimes, it's painfully obvious how slow and unathletic Troy is.

I keep talking about the "law of diminishing returns," but I usually used it for guys like Stephen Graham and Travis Diener. Baston is the absolute personification of it. When he played occasionally, he could make some plays, hold his own. However, the longer he's out there, the more obvious it is why he doesn't play. I'm hoping that the next game, he's in street clothes, and McBob dresses.

Well, Brandon Rush, for whatever reason, appears to be a terrible FT shooter, Hibbert is getting better, but will occasionally throw up an oh-fer, and TJ was just awful. It's not a particularly satisfying explanation, but I think it was just one of those nights.

I'm of the opinion, right now, that we should re-sign Jack because if you can get him for $3-4mm per year, he's a nice guy to have on your bench. We're going to need cheap bodies, and he's probably a decent bang for that buck.

Einstein
02-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Some observations...

Wallace is just a terrible matchup for us. He is too big and strong for our best defenders (Q6 and Rush) and Danny was out before really getting a chance.

After DG left the game, the offense was painful to watch. Just painful.

Rush needs to just take a year and shoot the ball several hundred times a day. He has no game close to the basket and he can't shoot the three or the FT.

Didn't we just hire some shooting coach? That guy has his work cut out for him. Is it too late for Ford or Q6 to improve long range shooting? We need that kind of miracle now...

OakMoses
02-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm of the opinion, right now, that we should re-sign Jack because if you can get him for $3-4mm per year, he's a nice guy to have on your bench. We're going to need cheap bodies, and he's probably a decent bang for that buck.

I've been wondering if we won't wind up getting a great deal on Jack in the offseason due to the economy and the 2010 space race. It would seem pretty likely that there aren't going to be a lot of teams willing to spend money.

McCloud's Pacer days were a bit before I was following the team closely, but he eventually became a pretty darn good 3 point shooter, right?

Trader Joe
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Rush has the same issue Granger did his rookie season on the offensive end, he's thinking too damn much. He's too smart for his own good, and he is always trying to think one step ahead of the rest of the play and just gets himself caught in a bad position.

Thesterovic
02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I wonder that too. That has been my one fear with the Danny injury and why I wanted him to sit when the bone bruise originally happened.

I agree. Jim Jim had to play him though. And now were officially screwed if this injury gets bad. I hope maybe Bird will notice that JOB needs to find a better job.

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree. Jim Jim had to play him though. And now were officially screwed if this injury gets bad. I hope maybe Bird will notice that JOB needs to find a better job.
I honestly don't think you can blame this on the coach. If Danny says he can play, and the trainers clear him to play, he will play.