PDA

View Full Version : Granger compared to the best fighter in with world

denyfizle
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
It's a good read. Check it out!

http://www.examiner.com/x-3586-Indiana-Pacers-Examiner

Pacersfan46
02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Best fighter in the world is Anderson Silva ;)

-- Steve --

denyfizle
02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Best fighter in the world is Anderson Silva ;)

-- Steve --

arguable... i love Anderson Silva but have you seen Pacquiao? ok little info I want to share. Pacquiao swept boxer of the year and fighter of the year awards all across the globe in 2008. Anderson Silva is a fan of Manny Pacquiao and has started training with Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach last October at the WIld Card Gym in LA to enhance his striking mainly of course because of his admiration of Pacquiao. Comparing the two would be like comparing apples and oranges of course but I choose Pacquiao although in the MMA Anderson is pound-for-pound #1 and you can't really go wrong picking either of the two.

maragin
02-18-2009, 05:41 PM
When I saw the headline, I wondered how someone was comparing Granger to Fedor Emelianenko.

Fedor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko) has been the best fighter in the world for many years now.

BRushWithDeath
02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
When I saw the headline, I wondered how someone was comparing Granger to Fedor Emelianenko.

Fedor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko) has been the best fighter in the world for many years now.

I was just getting ready to say the same thing.

denyfizle
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I was just getting ready to say the same thing.

true, but Fedor got lucky against Arlovski. Arlovski was out-punching him and had his number until Fedor clocked him.

JayRedd
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
What's this about Muhammad Ali?

ReginaldWayne
02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
true, but Fedor got lucky against Arlovski. Arlovski was out-punching him and had his number until Fedor clocked him.

true, but hes never lost a professional fight in his life while defeating the best in the world

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Boy, this has really got off track.

If I knew anything about the mindless brutality known as pride fighting, then I would probably understand what is going on here...

ReginaldWayne
02-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Boy, this has really got off track.

If I knew anything about the mindless brutality known as pride fighting, then I would probably understand what is going on here...

nothing about mixed martial arts is mindless, its almost like a chess match, which is also not mindless.

spazzxb
02-19-2009, 05:47 AM

Arloski's weakness is his chin, it went just as I had expected it to.

Eindar
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
true, but hes never lost a professional fight in his life while defeating the best in the world

He lost to Ricardo Arona in 2000, and hasn't fought Couture, Mir, or Lesnar, and while he is very, very good, he's not on the same level as Anderson Silva. Then again, neither is any current boxer.

If you want to say that Granger was compared to the best Boxer in the world, maybe you'd have something, but to say "fighter", you're including a lot of other styles. What I'm saying is that if Anderson Silva ran into Manny Pacqiao (sp?) in a dark alley, it would be a bad, bad day for Manny. Unless he's secretly a black belt in BJJ, that is.

Regardless, it's cool that Danny was compared to a good boxer.

duke dynamite
02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
nothing about mixed martial arts is mindless, its almost like a chess match, which is also not mindless.
I'll agree to disagree.

RaptorsFan
02-19-2009, 10:05 AM
To think any boxer is a better fighter then an MMA master is a joke, shouldnt use the word "fighter" then , use "boxer" because if Manny was on the street and had to fight BJ Penn (who is about his size, and btw an EXCELLENT boxer) he would get KTFO easily.

That being said, as usual, look up North to find the best, GSP :)

BTW Silva is much bigger then Manny, wouldnt be a legit fight.

Dont talk about Fedor like he hasnt fought anybody, his resume is a who's who, couture?? lol you serious?? lol Mir?? Come on bro!! hahahahahahha his one loss was BS, you prob didnt even know that either. Who has Silva beaten in the UFC (which it seems by the way you talk, overrating Couture and Mir is all you watch) that makes you think he is > Fedor pound for pound?? Meanwhile Fedor destroys former UFC HW champs back to back in 1 round each.

GSP has the high calibre opponents in the last few years, which is why he is number 1 imo, Hughes x2, BJ Penn, Fitch, Koscheck, Serra, impressive recent fight history and utter domination.

count55
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Danny Granger?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Eindar
02-19-2009, 10:53 AM
To think any boxer is a better fighter then an MMA master is a joke, shouldnt use the word "fighter" then , use "boxer" because if Manny was on the street and had to fight BJ Penn (who is about his size, and btw an EXCELLENT boxer) he would get KTFO easily.

That being said, as usual, look up North to find the best, GSP :)

BTW Silva is much bigger then Manny, wouldnt be a legit fight.

Dont talk about Fedor like he hasnt fought anybody, his resume is a who's who, couture?? lol you serious?? lol Mir?? Come on bro!! hahahahahahha his one loss was BS, you prob didnt even know that either. Who has Silva beaten in the UFC (which it seems by the way you talk, overrating Couture and Mir is all you watch) that makes you think he is > Fedor pound for pound?? Meanwhile Fedor destroys former UFC HW champs back to back in 1 round each.

GSP has the high calibre opponents in the last few years, which is why he is number 1 imo, Hughes x2, BJ Penn, Fitch, Koscheck, Serra, impressive recent fight history and utter domination.

This is a topic for another thread in the Club Rio section, but sufficed to say that I'll agree that Fedor has beaten a "who's who" of the HW division, as long as you're assuming that Hong Man Choi, some LHWs, and a MW are included in the "who's who".

Couture has also destroyed former UFC HW champs. So have Lesnar and Mir. In fact, Mir finished Big Nog, something Fedor couldn't do in 3 opportunities. As for Cro Cop, we saw how he did in the UFC.

Fedor has solidified himself as a top 2 HW by beating Arlovski and Sylvia in dominating fashion. But as far as P4P, I've got him below Silva who dominates everyone he fights in two different divisions.