PDA

View Full Version : duke dynamite's Game Ball - 02.17.09

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Roy Hibbert - 55

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090218/capt.456e081b138545929cc88fbfa5aa07fd.76ers_pacers _basketball_naf101.jpg
AP/Yahoo! Sports

Roy really set the offense for the Pacers, scoring the majority of his 14 points in the first quarter.

Ms. Dukie's Honorable Mention:

Danny Granger - 33

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nba/players_l/20081111/3943.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=5YR35gfEWS7NgCj1oT6p4Q--

Danny lead the Pacers in scoring with 20 points. Granger also had 4 blocked shots and a technical foul after being blasted in the mouth by an elbow. (He's a tough one.)

Reggie43.Yes!
02-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice, I like the way that shoulder looks, you hitting the gym yet ?

MyFavMartin
02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
FYI It was a shoulder, not an elbow.

And the game ball should have gone to Murph or Danny.

(But that's just my opinion.)

Glad to have Quisy back! There's discussion that he's helped our defense. I'm sure he will help with matching up with athletic teams like Phily.

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 08:12 AM
I agree with you somewhat, iPacer, but Hibbert really set the tone for the game with his offense. He hit shots that this team hasn't seen since JO in his prime. We need good post scoring like that. Hibbert is not afraid to take that shot.

Speed
02-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Nice observation by Denari about Roy's hook shot. How many guys in the league have that? Not a jump/junk hook, but a real hook shot. It's really unguardable at 7'2". I can hear my Dad now talking about Kareem and the sky hook and him wondering why other players that size don't ever have it. I agree. Roy's isn't the sky hook, obviously, but it's still a tough shot. My favorite moment(s) was watching Dalembert just shake his head when trying to guard Big Roy one on one.

How many more games until teams have to double him in the post???

Then hopefully you get to see those 4 years of Georgetown passing come into play.

I'm very high on Roy's offensive game, you have to think he'll just keep getting better, too.

Major Cold
02-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I think because of Hibberts play the 76ers were reacting to whatever we were doing the rest of the game.

Speed
02-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I think because of Hibberts play the 76ers were reacting to whatever we were doing the rest of the game.

Absolutely, I agree, it's not just that Roy's stats were good. When you have a big man that can be effective in the way Roy does, it effects the way the other team plays. I think you have to look beyond the stats when you have a player who can do what Roy does.

Other than Danny, I think Roy would be a guy I wouldn't trade unless it was something very significant.

It makes games fun to watch when he plays. You really root for the kid. Ya, he still drives you crazy with some of the maddening things, but it's far outweighed by his positives. I'd say there are very few guys in the league that can score on Dalembert in the low post like that, especially as long and athletic as he is.

switch
02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
FYI It was a shoulder, not an elbow.

It was a shoulder, then an elbow to the face as Miller pushed him away with his forearm.

Defense looked better last night then it was last week too. Lets hope they keep that up. Roy showed a lot of potential last night, I can't wait to see what he can do in a couple years!

tonythetiger
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Nice observation by Denari about Roy's hook shot. How many guys in the league have that? Not a jump/junk hook, but a real hook shot. It's really unguardable at 7'2". I can hear my Dad now talking about Kareem and the sky hook and him wondering why other players that size don't ever have it. I agree. Roy's isn't the sky hook, obviously, but it's still a tough shot.

Rasho has a nice little hook shot he pulls out occasionally. Pop realy encouraged him to develop it when he was on the Spurs.

RamBo_Lamar
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice observation by Denari about Roy's hook shot. How many guys in the league have that? Not a jump/junk hook, but a real hook shot. It's really unguardable at 7'2". I can hear my Dad now talking about Kareem and the sky hook and him wondering why other players that size don't ever have it. I agree. Roy's isn't the sky hook, obviously, but it's still a tough shot. My favorite moment(s) was watching Dalembert just shake his head when trying to guard Big Roy one on one.

How many more games until teams have to double him in the post???

Then hopefully you get to see those 4 years of Georgetown passing come into play.

I'm very high on Roy's offensive game, you have to think he'll just keep getting better, too.

Agreed. I would like to see more of that sweeping hook shot as well.

Maybe John Edwards will finally be dethroned as King of Pacer hook-shot
artists after all.

:D