PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Party Help

Erik
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I have to throw a bachelor party for a friend in September. I've never even been to one before. Have any of you guys had/been to one lately? I'm looking for some ideas, we'll be going a classy route with this one (no strippers or strip clubs or anything like that). I'm hurting financially, like alot of folks these days, but I do realize that there has to be some money spent. I don't know if I should find a place where everyone can pay their own way, or if all of the Groomsmen should put in x amount of dollars and go from there. What have you guys done? Anyone know of a local spot here in Indy that would be good to have a bachelor party? Thanks.

Bball
02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
You lost me at "no strippers"....

;)

-Bball

duke dynamite
02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Club Rio? Wait...darn. You said no strippers. lol

I would plan a private party at GameWorks Studios downtown.

Everyone loves videogames.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
When in September? Indians play through the first week(s) in September. If they make the playoffs then for sure through mid-Sept.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I also think you should invite the board.

Los Angeles
02-12-2009, 11:28 PM
St Elmo's, St. Elmo's, St. Elmo's, ST. ELMO'S!!! Reserve a table for however many people and go from there.

Steaks and dirty stories and an after dinner drink down the street. It's all you need, and everyone will appreciate it!

Another option is Sullivan's on the north side.

count55
02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
You lost me at "no strippers"....

;)

-Bball

Hell, by the time he said that, I was half way to Kokomo.

Unclebuck
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
What is the age group. Do they all like to play golf??

idioteque
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
St Elmo's, St. Elmo's, St. Elmo's, ST. ELMO'S!!! Reserve a table for however many people and go from there.

Steaks and dirty stories and an after dinner drink down the street. It's all you need, and everyone will appreciate it!

Another option is Sullivan's on the north side.

If it's in his budget, I would definitely agree. Ron Burgundy would love St. Elmo's. It full of leather books and mahogany. It really does make you feel like a big deal. In a way the place does have a bachelor feel to it. I've been to some expensive restaurants in DC but never gotten a better steak than at St. Elmo's.

avoidingtheclowns
02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
you should have murphy plan it... or btown if you're looking for someone cheaper.

Major Cold
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQnmi56AI-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQnmi56AI-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hibbert Laugh
02-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Just went to one last June for one of my buddies who lives downtown. It went something like this:

Mexican lunch (Aculpoco (sp?) Joe's), drinks and Mario Kart Wii, Naptown Roller Girls, Hooters, Slippery Noodle, Howl at the Moon (to hit on the drunk bachelorette party-goers), then back to his place for drunk Mario Kart.

A fun time was had by all.

Eindar
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Also very expensive, but Red's Classic Barber Shop offers a Groomsman party for the morning of your wedding or also as a way to start off your bachelor party with a fresh haircut, shoe shine, and straight razor shave.

While I get that some people don't want strippers involved, this is your supposed last night to act crazy with your bachelor guy friends before your soon to be wife sucks the joy of life out of you, so I'd recommend pushing the envelope as far as your buddy will allow, be it hooters, hitting the bars, or the bunny ranch in Nevada...

Erik
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
What is the age group. Do they all like to play golf??We're all late 20's-early 30's. I don't think golf would work, but thanks. Thanks for the replies from everyone, I'm taking it all in. St. Elmo's would be pretty cool, I may look into that.

Erik
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQnmi56AI-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQnmi56AI-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:laugh:I've actually pulled that one before, but never have gotten a response like that.

Haggard
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
dont know what a bachelor party would be like without strippers and that...

try something liek paintballing then have some beers and stories later on...

Jonathan
02-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Rent a room at the dollar inn and order some dates from craig's list.

duke dynamite
02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Rent a room at the dollar inn and order some dates from craig's list.
I can't stop laughing at this...omg this is funny.

Erik
02-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I can't stop laughing at this...omg this is funny.
It is?