PDA

View Full Version : Next!

Young
06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
After Steve Francis saying he would play in Orlando I am totally convienced that the Orlando-Houston deal will happen, no later than July 1rst. Mark my words, there will not be Tracy McGrady in Indiana except once a year in a Houston Rockets uniform.
That means we must look at other opitions, heres who I would like to see:
Paul Pierce
Can shoot from anywhere. Creates his own shots and hits them. Good post up game too. Can get to the line and goes often. Good defender. Would bring alot to our team because not just his offenseive game, but his mental game as he loves to perform under pressure and loves the forth quarater.
Jarvis Hayes
Good shooter. Can shoot from anywhere and shoots lights out. With some work could develope into a good player. Unlikely he will be moved though..
Quetien Richardson
Can shoot, post you up, or go to the hole. Good defender too.
I don't see him here though. He is going to stay in LA, go to Denver, or go to Portland.
Jason Richardson
I was against him before but was reading this about him:
http://http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/jasonrichardson.htm
I don't know if anything has changed. Don't think he is a very good defender and I don't know that he really works hard, it's coming from nbadraftnet and this was 2-3-4 years ago or so.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I'd prefer Paul Pierce.

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 01:30 PM
But the question is, in all of Danny Ainge's completley stupid decisions, will he he make smart one in trading Paul Pierce in order to rebuild from scratch?

Who would we offer for him? I'm pretty sure Artest would be included because A) they play the same position and B) they hate each other.

Theres still a bit of a hope to get TMac.

Jason Richardson would be nice, but he seems to be staying in Golden State, and he's selfish.

Jarvis Hayes averaged nearly 10 points as a rookie, so the chances of the Wizards giving him up are slim because of the already proven potential. However, I wouldn't mind him.

Q-Rich would be my first choice because we don't have to trade as much as we would for Pierce, TMac, or J-Rich.

Young
06-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Here's how I look at going about getting one of these guys.

Paul Pierce- Ainge is stupid for one. And Hicks, didn't you mention in a diffrent thread a few days ago about Harrington/Bender for Paul? [We'd have to give more than that though.]

Jarvis Hayes- Unlikely to be gotten because he could fit that team nicely.

Jason Richardson- They have Pieatrus and both play the same position so maybe a swap of Al for J-Rich could work. They could use a veteran PF on the rise. Takes pressure off of Andreis.

Quetien Richardson- I don't see him here. I really think he could wind up in Portland with his good friend Darius Miles. Or Miles and him could be in LA because Miles seemed to like it there and so did Q until Miles was traded.

Shade
06-25-2004, 01:38 PM
I would only be willing to give up Ron for T-Mac -- not Paul.

t-Bone
06-25-2004, 01:43 PM
i bet ainge would be wlling to do a harrington and bender for pierce.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 01:44 PM

So do I. Most GMs might not, but Ainge.

Shade
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM

That I would do.

C - Foster/Harrison/Pollard
PF - O'Neal/Croshere
SF - Artest/JJones
SG - Pierce/Miller/FJones
PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Wright

:nod:

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Do you honestly think Ron and Pierce can co-exist in the same offense?

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Ainge will not be trading Pierce. Doc Rivers said last night that they are building the team around Paul.

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Ainge will not be trading Pierce. Doc Rivers said last night that they are building the team around Paul.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 04:06 PM
We will not shop Jalen Rose.

Kid Minneapolis
06-25-2004, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't mind Pierce on the Pacers.... sometimes his shot selection makes me cringe, but then I look at who else would shoot on that team and then I understand why he does what he does...