PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone ideas?

Shade
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Well, I just noticed that my current cell phone plan ends today. So, I need to get a new plan. I'd also like to get a new phone, since mine's a bit dated. I don't have a lot to spend, though (~$150), and I definitely want to get something with a decent camera and QWERTY keyboard, since I text a lot more these days.

I've been a Sprint customer for the last four years, and though they haven't been terrible, they haven't been terribly great, either. I've been considering going with AT&T this time, since almost all of my friends have AT&T and like it, and I've been pretty happy with U-Verse.

Any suggestions?

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
iPhone. Everyone else has one...

Myself, Peck, Hicks, DiamondDave...to name a few.

Join us...

Stryder
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I have a Samsung Blackjack II. No problems to date. I have had it for 1 year.

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I had a Motorola Q9m at the turn of last year, and it was a nice phone, however, I don't feel that Windows Mobile can keep up. I don't want to make this into an apples to oranges (No pun intended) arguement.

Now the Blackjack may be different, but Windows Mobile 6 was just a little slow and cumbersome. It was a burden on battery life, and it crashed often.

I am looking forward to what is to come with Windows Mobile 6.5, the screenshots look amazing.

Shade
02-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Duke, what is the battery life on the iPhone like? I notice they have an 8GB for $200, which is a bit more than I have to spend. However, I currently have a 4GB iPod, and if this can serve as a replacement for that, then I can sell my iPod cheap to make up the difference. It would also enable me to sell my PSP.

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Duke, what is the battery life on the iPhone like? I notice they have an 8GB for $200, which is a bit more than I have to spend. However, I currently have a 4GB iPod, and if this can serve as a replacement for that, then I can sell my iPod cheap to make up the difference.
My iPhone battery lasts for days depending on if I do a lot of web browsing. If you browse the web and use 3G, it will only last about a day. I have the 8GB and it serves me just well.

Playing music and text messaging doesn't run the battery down as much as talking or web browsing.

I'm satisfied and everyone here knows how anti-Apple I've been.

Shade
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I just did some online research, and if I'm reading this correctly, I would have to pay $39.99 for the basic phone plan, plus $30 for the required "data plan," plus another $15 for text messaging (1500; I use more than 200/month)? Ouch. That is way out of my price range.

It looks nice, but I cannot justify almost $100 a month for my phone. That is nearly double what my current plan is.

Los Angeles
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
iphone. It's actually better than everyone says it is. Someone sent you a Word or Excell document attachment? Iphone reads it. In a new town and need a mechanic? iphone finds it. Directions to your grandma's house with map OR satellite imagery - two clicks, baby.

And if you buy it at the apple store with the warranty and it breaks, they just give you a new one. No reprogramming or anything is needed because it backed everything up on your computer.

Do it.

Shade
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
iphone. It's actually better than everyone says it is. Someone sent you a Word or Excell document attachment? Iphone reads it. In a new town and need a mechanic? iphone finds it. Directions to your grandma's house with map OR satellite imagery - two clicks, baby.

And if you buy it at the apple store with the warranty and it breaks, they just give you a new one. No reprogramming or anything is needed because it backed everything up on your computer.

Do it.

The warranty says it does not cover accidental or intentional damage. And it's another $70. :dead:

Plus there's a $36 activation fee. Jeez. Now I'm looking at over $300 down and almost $100 a month. :shakehead

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Since you are an IUPUI student you get a discount. Data will only be $25 and you can get the lowest voice plan with rollover at $10 less than regular price.

Trader Joe
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I switched from AT&T to Verizon, and I must say I am incredibly happy I did.

I had a Samsung Blackjack 1 which was a great phone, but the service was lousy.
I now have a LG Voyager, and it is one of the best electronic devices I have ever had. Touch screen and flip open for a keyboard. If you're a new customer, they give you a $50 rebate and also come up with some pretty good deals. Can't remember the retail, something like 2 hundo before the rebate if I am remembering correctly.

Shade
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Since you are an IUPUI student you get a discount. Data will only be $25 and you can get the lowest voice plan with rollover at $10 less than regular price.

I am technically no longer a student. I can't even access the Adobe stuff that went live ONE DAY after I graduated. :grumble:

My luck is just the worst.

Hicks
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
PM Roaming Gnome to ask about what he has. I think he's been fairly happy with his phone. It's through AT&T.

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I am technically no longer a student. I can't even access the Adobe stuff that went live ONE DAY after I graduated. :grumble:

My luck is just the worst.
Alumni get it too...

As long as you can show them an e-mail address you will get it.

Shade
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Alumni get it too...

As long as you can show them an e-mail address you will get it.

Hmm. That may make me reconsider.

Did you get yours online, or in a physical store?

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Hmm. That may make me reconsider.

Did you get yours online, or in a physical store?
I went to an at&t store. It literally only took my 5 minutes walk-in, walk-out.

Shade
02-03-2009, 02:04 PM
How much did you have to pay when you got the phone?

Right now, I see $200 for the phone, $36 activation fee, the first month's bill up-front, and $69 if I opt for the warranty.

My biggest fear, obviously, is the phone breaking, especially since I've dropped my current phone a few times. But the online info says damage is not covered.

idioteque
02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Personally, I see very little use for a gaudy cell phone. I have to have a Blackberry for work but otherwise I would just have something with a keyboard for texting and that would be it. I tend to be frugal but that's JMO.

pwee31
02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
How much did you have to pay when you got the phone?

Right now, I see $200 for the phone, $36 activation fee, the first month's bill up-front, and $69 if I opt for the warranty.

My biggest fear, obviously, is the phone breaking, especially since I've dropped my current phone a few times. But the online info says damage is not covered.

Accidental damage or liquid damage is NOT covered on your iPhone or any Apple product for that matter. Even with the protection plan. I'm not sure if At&t have a different type of warranty or not

With Apple once a product is sent in for service they check for any signs of abuse or liquid damage, and if they find anything, they'll just send it back to you unrepaired, and then you can decide if you want to pay the OOW repair price to get it replaced.

And so you know, all Apple repairs are WUR, so they actually just send you a replacement, usually a refurb, but every now and then a new one.

Once again I'm not sure if At&t does things different

The iPhone would also be a wonderful replacement for the 4GB ipod, it features will work just like an ipod touch, plus you'll still have an extra 4GB for service

I would advised getting the protection plan from Apple, because that only does it cover your phone issues, but it also covers your phone support if you have any questions or technical issues

pwee31
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Another good phone through AT&T is the Samsung Eternity. Also has the touch screen feature that's really responsive without the data type plans of the iPhone. Of course iPhone is the sexy pick, but the Eternity would be a cute backup date that you can still be proud of!

BRushWithDeath
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
If my plan was up I'd look VERY hard at the Blackberry Bold on AT&T. I'd have one if I wasn't locked into Verizon. I have a Blackberry Curve 8330. It's a very nice phone. And they have actually just dropped significantly in price. My brother chose to go with the Storm and he really likes it. Personally, I chose the Curve for the non-touchscreen keyboard. T-Mobile just got the new version of the Curve which as gotten rave reviews. They also have the Google powered G-1, which is supposed to contain the good of both the Blackberry and Iphone. (Combo touchscreen and actual keyboard) There are certainly plenty of options in smartphones. I'd suggest looking at a website like http://crackberry.com/ , http://www.theiphoneblog.com/ , or http://androidcentral.com/ .

And for anyone interested the newly announced Palm Pre is supposed to be next to godliness.

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Hehe, I talked Shade into an iPhone.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Bball
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Considering your luck with electronics may I suggest:
http://www.eldonspecialties.com/images/TinCanPhone.jpg

duke dynamite
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Considering your luck with electronics may I suggest:
http://www.eldonspecialties.com/images/TinCanPhone.jpg

Too complex.

BRushWithDeath
02-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Hehe, I talked Shade into an iPhone.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

The iPhone is a great device. I just send way too many text messages. If they could create an iPhone with a sliding tactile keyboard I'd get in line. The touchscreen is just too inaccurate for my taste.

duke dynamite
02-04-2009, 12:32 AM
The iPhone is a great device. I just send way too many text messages. If they could create an iPhone with a sliding tactile keyboard I'd get in line. The touchscreen is just too inaccurate for my taste.
It took me about 3 days to get used to it, but I like it.

I still have a Moto Krave ZN4 on Verizon, and texting on it is a pain. Literally, I hate it. In that sense I was skeptical on the iPhone, but oh, it's so smooth.

That and I hate having two cell phones...

BRushWithDeath
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Be sure to register at http://www.theiphoneblog.com/ . You'll enjoy it and learn a lot.

cgg
02-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Bold is too big, I don't like it.

When my first iPhone broke (cause I dropped it) I took it to an apple store and they gave me a new one from their inventory.

I type about as well with the iphone as with my blackberry curve.

I'm not sure what warranty you're talking about that's extra, but it has a standard 1 year warranty included.

pwee31
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Bold is too big, I don't like it.

When my first iPhone broke (cause I dropped it) I took it to an apple store and they gave me a new one from their inventory.

I type about as well with the iphone as with my blackberry curve.

I'm not sure what warranty you're talking about that's extra, but it has a standard 1 year warranty included.

You lucked out

cgg
02-05-2009, 12:50 AM
You lucked out

That is very possible, but repair for every other phone I've had from Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon was a swap out by mail, so its not exactly an apple disadvantage.

Anthem
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
If I was buying a phone today I'd be pretty tempted to look into a G1. I tried one out in the store and it's not bad at all.

rexnom
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a blackberry and I am extremely happy with it. Once you can get emails on your phone, you really can't go back to a phone that doesn't get emails.

But I think the iPhone has a much higher "cool" factor and there is just no comparison when it comes to handling documents or web browsing.

pwee31
02-06-2009, 12:35 AM
That is very possible, but repair for every other phone I've had from Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon was a swap out by mail, so its not exactly an apple disadvantage.

Definitely not a disadvantage, but you're really not suppose to get a replacement without paying for it, if it was dropped by you.

Glad to hear you received the excellent customer service though. Just didn't want expectations to be set that your case is common :)

Trader Joe
02-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Everybody and their mom has an iPhone now. When the Razor originally came out, the same thing happened with it. Only a few people had them for about the first two to three months, and then everyone got one. I had been on AT&T since I got my first cell phone when I was 14, and I gotta say Verizon is 100% better from my experience so far. Part of that is the Voyager itself which is just an awesome phone, but I also really like the VZ Navigator you can get, and the TV package is cool(I don't pay for it, but I had the month free trial.) Basically the deciding factor for me is that, Verizon gets service in the business school (which is like a freaking bomb bunker and totally kills pretty much any other service.) In order to get service on my Blackjack, I had to walk outside and then wait like 5-10 minutes for the phone to hook up with the AT&T connection it was just miserable. With Verizon, I can send texts and calls, and receive texts and calls from anywhere in the b-school even in the basement rooms.

I also feel like Verizon is better than AT&T when I'm at home in Indy, but I hear that at Purdue AT&T has better service.

duke dynamite
02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
I think Verizon is better, too. If they had the iPhone, I would've stuck with them. There are many features that Verizon has out of the box, in which you have to pay extra for on at&t. For instance, it is an extra $5 a month for voice-dialing on at&t, when most Verizon handsets come with it built-in.

That and the signal is so much better.

...I had a Razr, make it 6 of them. They were crap.

Jim R
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM

Not having read responses since yours yet, I had the exact same hang up when I tested the iPhone when it first came out. I waited until the 3G because I had only switched to ATT when they announced the 3G one. My year was up on December 31, and since then I've had the iPhone.

I love it.

They have a word correction feature which is about 99% correct. As you type it predicts your word. If you make a mistake, producing a non-word it will correct. The only times it screws up are when you mistakenly type in a real word, such as "tip" vs. "top" or when you type in some slang. Like I might type "nah" instead of "no". It changed it to "nag". Not good when texting your girlfriend. :)

I make few mistakes these days. Texting is actually easier than pressing keys or the press features other touchscreens have. I have also found using my thumb pads instead of the tips is more accurate.

The clincher is the free apps. I've even bought a couple.

I have also "jailbroken" my phone, which is a program you put on your phone for even more apps, many of which are also free. I highly recommend it, and I highly recommend using BiteSMS for your texting program. It allows you to text in landscape mode, making the keys a little further apart, but I keep it in portrait mode.

I then paid for MySMS and use it as my "default" SMS program. When a text comes in, it shows up in MySMS, which allows me to text without leaving the program I'm in.

BRushWithDeath
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
The clincher is the free apps. I've even bought a couple.

I then paid for MySMS and use it as my "default" SMS program. When a text comes in, it shows up in MySMS, which allows me to text without leaving the program I'm in.

My BlackBerry can do all this. And the texting without leaving the program is including in the standard OS. You don't have to pay for a separate app. I imagine I could get used to the touchscreen. I've, admittedly, only played around with the iPhone for short times. The same goes for the BlackBerry Storm. I just couldn't type nearly as quickly or accurately with the touchscreens as with a buttoned keyboard. Perhaps, with practice that could change.

Anthem
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
My BlackBerry can do all this. And the texting without leaving the program is including in the standard OS. You don't have to pay for a separate app. I imagine I could get used to the touchscreen. I've, admittedly, only played around with the iPhone for short times. The same goes for the BlackBerry Storm. I just couldn't type nearly as quickly or accurately with the touchscreens as with a buttoned keyboard. Perhaps, with practice that could change.
That's why I loved the G1 when I tried it. Instant usability, plus a touchscreen.

Plus it runs linux underneath and is completely tweakable... no need to jailbreak.

cgg
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I think Verizon is better, too.

Agreed. Simply better service. AT&T has gotten better though. I was forced to switch by work.

My friend had a Verizon personal phone and an AT&T business phone and traveled to 30 states last year and in general Verizon is flat out better.

duke dynamite
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Agreed. Simply better service. AT&T has gotten better though. I was forced to switch by work.

My friend had a Verizon personal phone and an AT&T business phone and traveled to 30 states last year and in general Verizon is flat out better.
Same for me. My business phone is my iPhone, and I have a Motorola Krave ZN4 from Verizon as my personal phone. I hate that phone...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008/10/krave-zn4-official.jpg

Oh how I hate it...

I wish the reviews came out before I bought it...

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-krave-zn4-verizon/4852-6454_7-33328355.html?ord=ratingValue+asc

BRushWithDeath
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Same for me. My business phone is my iPhone, and I have a Motorola Krave ZN4 from Verizon as my personal phone. I hate that phone...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008/10/krave-zn4-official.jpg

Oh how I hate it...

I wish the reviews came out before I bought it...

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-krave-zn4-verizon/4852-6454_7-33328355.html?ord=ratingValue+asc

If a touchscreen is important to you just get a Storm. My brother loves his and the reviews have been good since the new OS was released. They're also buy one get one right now so you could sell the second or give it as a gift.

Gyron
02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Does Toshiba make a phone? Just for Shade.....

duke dynamite
02-07-2009, 12:08 AM
If a touchscreen is important to you just get a Storm. My brother loves his and the reviews have been good since the new OS was released. They're also buy one get one right now so you could sell the second or give it as a gift.
I'm happy with my iPhone. lol

Trader Joe
02-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm happy with my iPhone. lol

Yeah, but if you get the chance to replace your Verizon phone, I obviously would highly recommend the Voyager.

duke dynamite
02-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, but if you get the chance to replace your Verizon phone, I obviously would highly recommend the Voyager.
I'm letting the contract "die out". But the Voyager was going to be the pick this time around, but my friend got the Krave as well, and talked me into getting one, too.

Skaut_Ech
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Okay, I'm dredging this thread up for a reason.

I don't get these phones that don't have covers (Like a flip phone)

I am worried about the infamous "butt-dialing." I don't get all thse touch screene phones or blackberry-likie phones. To me, that seems like an invitation to constantly press keys you don't want to.

Here's the deal:

I'm buying my wife a phone for her birthday....next Saturday. Her's is about 5 years old, has no text, no speakerphone...it sucks. But she loves it.

My sis-in-law just got a blackberry for HER birthday. I think my wife would be overwhelmed by the tech of a blackberry, but I'm a little intrigued by the samsung Instinct (http://www.instinctthephone.com/) for her, BUT, what protection do you have from not inadvertantly hitting keys? I don't get not having a cover on a phone.

Right now, I think I may just go for a Katana Eclipse X (http://www.sanyokatana.com/)

So, tell me, how do you NOT end up NOT butt dialing with these phone without covers? (She carrys her phone in her purse with a wealth of other stuff.)

duke dynamite
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Okay, I'm dredging this thread up for a reason.

I don't get these phones that don't have covers (Like a flip phone)

I am worried about the infamous "butt-dialing." I don't get all thse touch screene phones or blackberry-likie phones. To me, that seems like an invitation to constantly press keys you don't want to.

Here's the deal:

I'm buying my wife a phone for her birthday....next Saturday. Her's is about 5 years old, has no text, no speakerphone...it sucks. But she loves it.

My sis-in-law just got a blackberry for HER birthday. I think my wife would be overwhelmed by the tech of a blackberry, but I'm a little intrigued by the samsung Instinct (http://www.instinctthephone.com/) for her, BUT, what protection do you have from not inadvertantly hitting keys? I don't get not having a cover on a phone.

Right now, I think I may just go for a Katana Eclipse X (http://www.sanyokatana.com/)

So, tell me, how do you NOT end up NOT butt dialing with these phone without covers? (She carrys her phone in her purse with a wealth of other stuff.)
First off, most "candybar" phones have some sort of auto-lock feature that prevent the pressing of buttons when say in this situation, sitting on your phone, which you shouldn't do in the first place.

And as for the second, do not go or stay with Sprint. There are much better carriers out there with much better hardware (phones). I recommend Verizon, you get a better service all over. The calling plan prices and options are by far amazing, minus the fact that you don't get rollover. And since the recent takeover of Alltel, you get up to 10 non-Verizon numbers you can call unlimited.

I just wish Verizon had the iPhone, so I could've stuck with them.

Shade
02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I can confirm that Sprint isn't that great, and I have also heard good things about Verizon.

BRushWithDeath
02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Their is the Blackberry Pearl Flip if you're worried about butt dialing. They even made a commercial about it. I'd get it from YouTube and embed it but I don't know how.

Gyron
02-21-2009, 07:52 AM
I have sprint down here in NC and its hundreds of times better than "I can't hear you now" verizion.

I think its all where you live.

Hicks
02-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Their is the Blackberry Pearl Flip if you're worried about butt dialing. They even made a commercial about it. I'd get it from YouTube and embed it but I don't know how.

Use the [*yt][*/yt] tag (without the *'s) and paste in the video code. It's in the link to the video. It's the part right after v= in the URL.

BRushWithDeath
02-21-2009, 12:30 PM
It's a T-Mobile commercial but if you are an Indianapolis local you really should get Verizon regardless of what phone you choose. They have far and away the best coverage in the area. And coverage is more important than anything.

09Fs8cbV8lM&feature=related

Thanks Hicks.

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 01:42 AM
There is no such thing as "butt dialing" with all current phones. Unless you are the kind to turn off auto-lock.

BRushWithDeath
02-22-2009, 02:07 AM
There is no such thing as "butt dialing" with all current phones. Unless you are the kind to turn off auto-lock.

It can still happen occasionally. But if it happens more than once in a year you are either really unlucky or retarded.

duke dynamite
02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
It can still happen occasionally. But if it happens more than once in a year you are either really unlucky or retarded.
It can, but it shouldn't.

That and the "R" word isn't what I would use, here.

EDIT: I'm not mad or trying to call you out, but I find that word very offensive. Sorry.

Skaut_Ech
02-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Part of the reason I was concerned about butt dialing is because my 75 year old mother in law got a butt dialed call from my nephew and the best we can piece together after talking with him is that he was drunk in his dorm at 3:00 a.m. with a couple of his buddies and inadvertantly made a 2 minute call. He said he never made the call and the phone was in his pocket!

Thanks a LOT guys. I think I may just switch to Verizon. I'm starting to look hard at their line of phone.

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm reading this pretty voraciously myself. My Sprint contract is up in April and I'm going elsewhere - their coverage hasn't been bad but their customer service absolutely blows.

A summary is that in summer '07, after I renewed, I started getting $120 bills for some sort of internet usage. I never use my phone for internet. Called 'em up and asked what it was. They said they'd turn it off. Fine. I was getting auto-billed through my credit card which I do for pretty much every bill where I know how much it'll be. Anyway, a couple of months later I notice the $100+ bill again. Call 'em up. They say they have no record of me calling in June so they won't change the bill but they'll turn it off. Next bill comes - still plus a hundred. Call 'em again. This time I tell 'em to cancel the credit card payment - I'll pay with a check. This time they at least remember that I called before and change the bill - say they'll turn it off. Next bill comes - it's been paid on my credit card, over a hundred. Call 'em again - can't change the billing unless I send 'em a letter to such-and-such an address but they change the bill - whoever turned off the internet didn't turn it ALL off - or something. Next bill - I've sent the letter - comes on my credit card, plus a hundred. I call credit card company and tell them they're not authorized to pay the bill. Call Sprint - they've still not turned internet ALL the way off, whatever that means. Next month, dirty letter from Sprint - because my credit card didn't pay the bill from now on I have to send a check to cover the bill which is STILL over a hundred. By this time I expected that - I knew the only way to pay by check was for me to not pay by CC - pisses me off because I don't believe I've ever been late on a bill in my life. Call 'em again, they tell me the internet STILL hasn't been turned all the way off but this finally does it. I know I donated at least a couple hundred bucks to Sprint before I caught it and once or twice after I thought I fixed it. I first noticed the problem in June and it didn't get fixed until the following April. About halfway through this I thought about taking a log of my time and billing them for it (you always have to hold an hour or more before you talk to someone) but didn't.

No Sprint for me.

The issue is I live out in the boonies and since I got DSL I've turned off my home phone so I HAVE to have good coverage at home, which isn't guaranteed. I haven't asked (and I think I know the answer) but I'd sure like a 24-hour cancellation option if I get a new service, get home and find I have no bars. Anyway, based on this thread and other conversations I'm leaning toward Verizon.

cgg
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
You usually get a couple weeks to cancel new cell service.

Also, if you spend about 4 hours per call with sprint instead of 1 hour, they will usually credit you. The *******s tried to charged me 4 early termination fees for two lines once.... They just kept replying back the same untrue things until eventually, after 3 escalations, they credited it.

Spicoli
02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
My stupid blackberry still allows you to make emergency calls (911) even with auto-lock on; and I've butt-dialed it about 4979349857 times.

BRushWithDeath
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
My stupid blackberry still allows you to make emergency calls (911) even with auto-lock on; and I've butt-dialed it about 4979349857 times.

Just change the speed dial for the number 9. And use the stand-by button when you're putting it in your pocket. You won't butt-dial and you'll get better battery life.

Twes
02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Butt dialed?

:hmm:

Los Angeles
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Is butt dialing the same as booty calling?

I want more of those, not less.

Trader Joe
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Who the hell keeps their phone in their back pocket? Honestly, that is about the dumbest place you could put it IMO.

ilive4sports
02-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I have Verizon and I dont think I am ever switching. The Iphone is pretty sweet, but im more than happy with my LG Voyager and the service to go along with it.

btowncolt
02-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Is butt dialing the same as booty calling?

I want more of those, not less.

A/S/L?

Twes
02-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Places more dumb:

1) toilet tank
2) under wheel of truck
3) garbage disposal
4) up rectum

These are just off the top of my head.

Pointz
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I would recommend the Blackberry Storm. It is pretty nice to be able to copy/paste documents on the go and its on Verizon's network.

pizza guy
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm a simple guy. LG Rumor is all the phone I need. The slide-out QWERTY is awesome. Though, my brother has an iPhone, and it's pretty sweet.

Sprint sucks, though. Like DisplacedKnick said, the signal and such is OK, but customer service is TERRIBLE. I had similar problems, and so did a couple other people I know. We each had bills come in over $400! And their record keeping is non-existent.

--pizza