PDA

View Full Version : The Hulu Ad

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Am I the only person who thought that commercial was hysterical?

Here's a link if you didn't see it: http://www.hulu.com/superbowl/55719/super-bowl-xliii-ads-hulu-alec-in-huluwood#s-p1-sr-i0

Bball
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
After defending the halftime music I'm tempted to jump the fence here. Yes, I thought the Hulu ad was better than some others but that is only because the bar has dropped so low. I just don't think the ads live up to the hype in general any longer.

I think the ads have for the most part lost the edge or creativity that was what made SB commercial watching the secondary highlight it's become. Everyone is just trying to do the 'anti-ad' these days.

One of these days someone is going to shoot a SB ad with 1 camera, 1 actor/spokesperson, and the product. ...and the ad will be deemed 'brilliant'. Then maybe the writers can go back to square one and find some new ideas.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I just found it hilarious because they imply actors are aliens and the tagline at the end was so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh.

Los Angeles
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
One of these days someone is going to shoot a SB ad with 1 camera, 1 actor/spokesperson, and the product. ...and the ad will be deemed 'brilliant'. Then maybe the writers can go back to square one and find some new ideas.

:ding:

Trader Joe
02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
The best ad was the one second high life commercial. All commercials should be liek that.

indygeezer
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I didn't get any kind of feeling running up my legs watching any of them.

Bball
02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I didn't get any kind of feeling running up my legs watching any of them.

But you've not had any kind of feeling running up your legs since you put the mousetraps out....

-Bball

Since86
02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought the Doritos commercial was hilarious, myself.

Add the fact that they're from Indiana, and a few of them that put it together are BSU alums, and it's all gravy.

Major Cold
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I think the ads were good.

sweabs
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I thought the Doritos commercial was hilarious, myself.

Add the fact that they're from Indiana, and a few of them that put it together are BSU alums, and it's all gravy.
My friends and I were laughing for a good 30 seconds after that one. It was the best out of the bunch.

We also got a kick out of the flowers that told the woman "nobody wants to see you naked." Definitely a good line.

duke dynamite
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
ALEC BALDWIN!

Lol, I liked it. I thought it was funny that they aired that commercial in between like 4 NBC/GE commercials, and Mr. Baldwin portrays a GE executive in 30 Rock.

Anthem
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
I love the fact that if you go to Hulu, you can watch the SB commercials but only after seeing an ad. Even the Hulu commercial that's on Hulu has a "sponsor."

So you have a SB ad that directs you to a website where you watch an ad in order to watch an ad.

Meta.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I love the fact that if you go to Hulu, you can watch the SB commercials but only after seeing an ad. Even the Hulu commercial that's on Hulu has a "sponsor."

So you have a SB ad that directs you to a website where you watch an ad in order to watch an ad.

Meta.

Ahhh...progress