PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 1st Teaser

Stryder
02-01-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0zpDFBkk_A

Quality isn't great. It will be playing during the Super Bowl tonight.

HD Quality available for download here...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/217331-download-hd-super-bowl-trailer-here.html

Stryder
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Also, this has been up on Youtube for a while, but I thought it was cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kOrLtpQYGY&feature=related

Stryder
02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Also, this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trSFzZpNF9o&feature=related

Unclebuck
02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Is Michael Bay directing again???

Stryder
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Is Michael Bay directing again???

Yes.

Unclebuck
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes.

OK, I'll skip the movie all together then

duke dynamite
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
OK, I'll skip the movie all together then
Why? (Just wondering)

Trader Joe
02-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Say what you want about Michael Bay and some of his movies, but it's not like everything he touches is a dud. (The Rock comes to mind) Also the animations in this movie are just going to be ridiculous and anyone that finds that sort of thing interesting (like me) should attend.

Unclebuck
02-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Why? (Just wondering)

Just my opinion - I think he ruins every movie he directs. But the movie that sealed it for me was Armagedden that movie is everything I hate about the worst movies. it is like one long, loud music video, the camera never stops, it is so overproduced, the closeups, it is hideous.

Even his good movies - The Rock, Pearl Harbor - have the same feel.

last Summer I was watching the Transformers, and had no idea Michael Bay directed it, but within 15 minutes or so it was obvious, so I told the person I was watching, that I couldn't watch anymore.

I think he is a horrible, horible director. Oh and bad Boys II is maybe the worst movie ever.

sorry

Natston
02-02-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm only looking forward to it, because I want to make fun of it so badly...

Trader Joe
02-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Pearl Harbor sucked UB.

Shade
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
I thought Transformers was a good action movie, but not a good Transformers movie. The "Bayformer" designs still make me want to wretch.

Unclebuck
02-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Pearl Harbor sucked UB.

I agree, but it was better than what I saw of Transformers and certainly better than Bad Boy II

Shade
02-03-2009, 11:57 AM
If you think Bad Boys II is the worst movie ever, you need to watch more movies. I can name at least a dozen movies off the top of my head that are easily worse than BB2.

Trader Joe
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Namely Dracula 3000.

count55
02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Two things:

Megan Fox (the good)

I Spit on Your Grave...worst movie ever made, hands down.

Unclebuck
02-04-2009, 09:23 AM
If you think Bad Boys II is the worst movie ever, you need to watch more movies. I can name at least a dozen movies off the top of my head that are easily worse than BB2.

I probably could too, but BB2 was a very mainstream movie with big name stars, that made a lot of money, that costs a lot to make. Maybe I grade movies differently if one costs $180 Million and another one costs $1.2 M.

Los Angeles
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I think Michael Bay sucks, but I kind of liked the one with Ewan MacGregor and Scarlett Johansonn. (whatever it was called)

Pig Nash
02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
THE ISLAND!

Los Angeles
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Right. The Island.

First part of the movie before the big "reveal" was actually quite good. But then it got all michael bay-ey at the end.

Still decent.

Stryder
04-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Robot List:

Autobots

Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Sideswipe
Arcee
Jetfire
Jolt
Skids
Mudflap

Decepticons

Starscream
Sideways
The Fallen
Scorponok
Soundwave
Ravage
The Doctor (?)
Wheelie
Demolisher
Devastator (made of Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Long Haul, Rampage, Overload, Mixmaster)

travmil
04-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Devastator (made of Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Long Haul, Rampage, Overload, Mixmaster)

Best toy EVER!

http://www.toybin.org/cache/1985/Decepticons/Constructicons/Devastator/480_robot.jpg

ilive4sports
04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Saw a new trailer for it at the theater yesterday and this film looks very very good. I am very excited for this movie to come out.

bellisimo
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
the trailer is just one giant explosion...its a bit disappointing for me...
i've seen the Terminator and Star Trek trailers...now those do a good job of showing that its not just explosions - but a story is behind it as well

Pacersfan46
04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Best toy EVER!

http://www.toybin.org/cache/1985/Decepticons/Constructicons/Devastator/480_robot.jpg

Looks like Voltron ..... lol

-- Steve --

Los Angeles
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Looks like Voltron ..... lol

-- Steve --

Because that's what it is.

:zip:

Shade
04-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Apparently, Mike Patton (vocalist for Faith No More) will be voicing one of the Constructicons, and either Frank Welker (G1 Megatron) or Leonard Nimoy (Spock; Galvatron from the original animated TF:TM) will voice The Fallen. Excellent, excellent selections. :cool:

Stryder
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
http://michaelbay.com/

A scene from the movie and after that is a 40 second or so montage trailer...looks badass...many robots can be seen, including Devastator

bellisimo
04-20-2009, 07:35 AM
http://michaelbay.com/

A scene from the movie and after that is a 40 second or so montage trailer...looks badass...many robots can be seen, including Devastator

could not find anything like that...only a short clip of Michael Bay movies

Stryder
04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
could not find anything like that...only a short clip of Michael Bay movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGrnAmmtNg

Not as great quality, but it is what I was referencing.

bellisimo
04-24-2009, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGrnAmmtNg

Not as great quality, but it is what I was referencing.

awesome...the movie better have the same ratio of Transformers Vs. humans footage like in this trailer...

bellisimo
05-13-2009, 10:26 AM
the final trailer..which i guess everyone has watched by now...in case you haven't:

XoiYkaYC_9M

It has Michael Bay written all over it again...i just hope that the transformers themselves can actually get some more screentime...and maybe a personality? is that too much to ask for? :D

bellisimo
06-24-2009, 04:43 AM
anyone watching it this week/weekend?
I plan on seeing it on Saturday...

ilive4sports
06-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm going to see it tonight.

duke dynamite
06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I'll go see it. I don't care what the critics say. I'm sure I'll love it.

heywoode
06-24-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm with Dukie....for once. I don't care what the critics say, and never have. I'm sure I'll love the action and effects, hope I like the story. Me and my son are going with Matt and Papaw on Saturday to see it at the Hamilton 16 IMAX. Wish it was in 3D.

Incidentally, I LOVE Michael Bay movies.

duke dynamite
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm with Dukie....for once. I don't care what the critics say, and never have. I'm sure I'll love the action and effects, hope I like the story. Me and my son are going with Matt and Papaw on Saturday to see it at the Hamilton 16 IMAX. Wish it was in 3D.

Incidentally, I LOVE Michael Bay movies.

Some movies just need a ton of explosions and less dialogue every once and a while.

Trader Joe
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Some movies just need a ton of explosions and less dialogue every once and a while.

And Megan Fox sitting/leaning forward on a motorcycle wearing Daisy Duke shorts. Movies need more of that.

ilive4sports
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
And Megan Fox sitting/leaning forward on a motorcycle wearing Daisy Duke shorts. Movies need more of that.

Every movie needs that. Plot, who cares about a plot. Megan Fox + lots of explosions= awesome

rexnom
06-24-2009, 12:53 PM
All the transformers look the same to me.

count55
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
All the transformers look the same to me.

And they keep getting in the way of Meghan Fox.

rexnom
06-24-2009, 06:38 PM
And they keep getting in the way of Meghan Fox.
Eh, at least their acting is better than Shia Lebouf's.

Anthem
06-24-2009, 10:27 PM
:laugh:

http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

Los Angeles
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
My goodness. I just went to Rotten tomatoes and read some review snips.

Here's a couple of hits:

The first, comparatively lucid Transformers was a headache, but I sort of enjoyed it....Revenge of the Fallen is more like listening to rocks in a clothes dryer for 2 hours.

So what if he can’t put a coherent series of shots together? Bay’s going for pure sensation, and everyone knows dramatic continuity is for women and the weak.

A great grinding garbage disposal of a movie, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen isn't so much a narrative film as a cacophonous series of explosions intermittently interrupted by needless dialogue.

Compared to this sequel, the first Transformers, which was released two years ago, ranks right up there with Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.

I've just spent 2 1/2 hours watching a movie and another hour thinking about what I saw and I have no earthly idea what Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is about.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen/?critic=creamcrop

Trader Joe
06-25-2009, 01:29 AM
All these reviews are missing the point... One thing needs to be asked, Does transformers ROTF have this...

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/05/04/megan_fox_transformers_2.jpg

Yes? Then sign me up.

ilive4sports
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I just saw it and I thought it was very good. Kept me very entertained the entire time. Go see this movie.

bellisimo
06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
16 million first night...not bad...we'll see how it does for the whole weekend...

Unclebuck
06-25-2009, 08:09 AM
My goodness. I just went to Rotten tomatoes and read some review snips.

Here's a couple of hits:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen/?critic=creamcrop

I posted similar things in the movie thread - but this movie will probably be the highest grossing movie this year (unless Up beats it). And Michael Bay will make another movie and another

I actually had a good friend call me yesterday afternoon all excited and asked if I wanted to see Transformers II. I felt bad, but said no, I don't see Michael Bay movies anymore. I almost said yes, just so I could report back how much I ......

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/25458013/review/28840142/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen

Los Angeles
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
And, please, you don't have to remind me that the original was a colossal hit ($700 million worldwide) and the sequel will probably do just as well. I know it's popular. So is junk food, and they both poison your insides and rot your brain. But I do accept that Bay is unique. No one can top him for telling a story with such striking, shrieking incoherence.

I have to salute Bay for helping to create two of the most offensive bots in screen history Skids (Tom Kenny) and Mudflap (Reno Wilson), Chevy concept cars who do black stereotypes in ways that would shame Jar Jar Binks.

I know there are still 17 months to go, but I'm thinking Transformers 2 has a shot at the title Worst Movie of the Decade.

Brutal.

Shade
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Brutal.

It's not that bad. The action sequences are fun to watch. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of films released in the last decade that are worse.

But, yeah, large quantities of brain cells are not exactly required to sit through a Michael Bay film. Actually, maybe they are. You kinda need to have some to spare so you don't come out of the theater rambling incoherently while drooling on yourself.

The theater I went to gave it a standing ovation though, which was absurd.

Unclebuck
06-25-2009, 01:16 PM

The theater I went to gave it a standing ovation though, which was absurd.

There is nothing I hate more (OK, not really) but I do hate when people give any type of applause after a movie. The actors aren't there, the director isn't there - no one is there, who are you applauding

Hicks
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM
There is nothing I hate more (OK, not really) but I do hate when people give any type of applause after a movie. The actors aren't there, the director isn't there - no one is there, who are you applauding

It's just the spirit of the moment.

Have you ever yelled or cheered during a Pacers game when you're at home?

Unclebuck
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
It's just the spirit of the moment.

Have you ever yelled or cheered during a Pacers game when you're at home?

Yes, I have, more than a few times. But a movie is something that is filmed at least 12 to 18 months earlier and is shown at over 3800 theaters across the country and is showing all the time. A sporting event is a one time thing that is a live event. So I see a big difference

bellisimo
06-26-2009, 05:11 AM
60 million the first day...don't think it'll manage to keep this momentum though...

Los Angeles
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
If anyone wants to see a REAL action movie, go see The Hurt Locker.

travmil
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I saw Transformers 2 at Kerasotes at Washington Square. I'm sort of rolling my eyes at all the reviewers making a big deal about Skids and Mudflap and racial stereotypes. I agree that it was a bit over done, but let's just say that I watched with a rather diverse audience and nobody got up and left. I think that's about all I can say without going to UnPD.

bellisimo
06-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Finally watched it saturday night.

If you hate movies that are a bit on the silly/fun side, don't bother with it. I think all the critics fit this bill...think they were just looking for reasons to bash this movie ever since it came out - I read all the negative reviews and their reasonings behind it...frankly it looks like they just didn't even bother watching the movie.

If you're a fan of Michael Bay movies, you'll like this one.
If you're a fan of "careless fun" movies, you'll like this one.
If you liked the first Transformers movie, you'll like this one.

If you're a hardcore Transformers G1 fan/etc - you'll have many things to gripe about - but you'll still watch it and like it.

rexnom
06-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Finally watched it saturday night.

If you hate movies that are a bit on the silly/fun side, don't bother with it. I think all the critics fit this bill...think they were just looking for reasons to bash this movie ever since it came out - I read all the negative reviews and their reasonings behind it...frankly it looks like they just didn't even bother watching the movie.

If you're a fan of Michael Bay movies, you'll like this one.
If you're a fan of "careless fun" movies, you'll like this one.
If you liked the first Transformers movie, you'll like this one.

If you're a hardcore Transformers G1 fan/etc - you'll have many things to gripe about - but you'll still watch it and like it.
Looks like I'll be staying away!

Pacersfan46
06-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Watched it. Liked it.

Some of the humor was a little more crude than I had prepared myself for. It was a bit long for what it was, that was slightly annoying, but overall it was a fun time.

I don't know what people expect sometimes. Everytime a good movie that isn't a sequel comes out, people love it. Then it doesn't really matter what the sequel is, or is not. People complain about it. It's like they walk into the original, without any real idea of where the story goes or what happens. Then in a sequel everyone has their OWN idea of what should, and shouldn't be in it. Anything that deviates from that path is just trash .... or something. I just don't get it.

There's a reason general consensus is that sequels are never as good as the originals, and it's not the movies. It's people's strange expectations of them. Silly.

-- Steve --

ilive4sports
06-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I actually like this one better than the first. I do agree with you Pacersfan46 on the whole people just not liking sequels as much just because its not the original.

heywoode
06-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Went to see it at the IMAX in Noblesville, and we all loved it. I agree that it was a bit more crude at times than I was prepared for. Had I not had the kids there, I wouldn't have cared. It was a bit long, but the chairs were comfy!

I generally like Michael Bay movies, because I am fine with the understanding that these are motion pictures we are watching, and works of fiction in general, especially this one, since it is science FICTION. Some of the dialogue was a bit trite, but easy to look past. Megan Fox's hotness overcomes all the negatives in this film!

I liked the action sequences because they were shot in front of great contrasting backgrounds. The forest fight was awesome, and served as an excellent backdrop. The shots they got for the pyramid scenes were breathtaking! I read in Maxim that Michael Bay stated they got to use Egyptian military helicopters to get shots around the pyramids that National Geographic and IMAX documentaries had not been able to or allowed to get.

I'm fine with the understanding that this won't win any awards from film schools, but it was an a$$-kicking good time!

indytoad
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Saw it today. Mindless and cliche, but still a lot of fun. Pretty much what I expected.

Skids and Mudflap (I guess those were their names? No reason to keep track, really) were cringe-inducing, not necessarily because they were bad stereotypes of a certain type of black person, but because they were such a colossally failed attempt to be hip and funny.

Also, it's probably a blatant indication of my priorities that it took me two whole movies to notice that Megan Fox is a terrible actress.

count55
06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Also, it's probably a blatant indication of my priorities that it took me two whole movies to notice that Megan Fox is a terrible actress.

Did it matter?

Unclebuck
06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
$201 Million dollars through 5 days. Only the Dark Knight made more in 5 days. Not surprised, but I find it troubling that this is the type of movie so many want to watch

Natston
06-28-2009, 11:06 PM
$201 Million dollars through 5 days. Only the Dark Knight made more in 5 days. Not surprised, but I find it troubling that this is the type of movie so many want to watch

I just shake my head at people who bash Bay and his movies, and then go and see the movie anyway.

CONGRATULATIONS WE'RE NOW GOING TO GET TRANSFORMERS 3!

Stryder
06-28-2009, 11:13 PM

I find it troubling when people take movies so seriously and can't have mindless fun now and again...

Pig Nash
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I only went cuz it was free. All I can say about these movies is that I don't understand why action fans like Bay because the whole time there's a fight the camera spins around and I get a headache and when it stops it's only for a stupid joke. I wish Turturro would go back to making Coen bro films, and stop helping make this trash.

Shia actually was the only emotionally convincing character in this whole movie, I don't know why he gets bashed on so much.

ilive4sports
06-29-2009, 02:22 AM

Why find it troubling? Movies are a form of entertainment. This movie is very entertaining. Makes sense to me.

When going to the theater I want to see something that will keep me entertained. Whether thats through awesome giant fighting robots and a hot Megan Fox, a film that makes me laugh my *** off like Dumb and Dumber or one with a great story, I dont care. If it holds my attention for the whole thing, its well worth it and I will like it.

rexnom
06-29-2009, 03:26 AM
Why find it troubling? Movies are a form of entertainment. This movie is very entertaining. Makes sense to me.

When going to the theater I want to see something that will keep me entertained. Whether thats through awesome giant fighting robots and a hot Megan Fox, a film that makes me laugh my *** off like Dumb and Dumber or one with a great story, I dont care. If it holds my attention for the whole thing, its well worth it and I will like it.
It's troubling because while Transformers 3 got green lit months ago, there's a bunch of great movies out there not being made because studios would rather cash in with Transformers-type movies. By the way, Dumb and Dumber is about as good as it gets in terms of slapstick comedy, featuring some great writing and two great performances.

Unclebuck
06-29-2009, 08:25 AM
I find it troubling when people take movies so seriously and can't have mindless fun now and again...

Not true at all. I have no problem having mindless fun, and no I don't take movies too seriously. I am more than willing to engage on this issue though, but I just wish my position would not be mis-characterized.

I feel I am repeating myself. Star Trek was mindless fun, Ironman was mindless fun. Dark Knight perhaps covered a few more serious issues but it wasn't a serious movie- I enjoyed each of those three movies a great deal. I am more than capable and willing to have mindless fun. I just don't think any of Michael Bay movies are mindless fun. I find them offensive and insulting. I feel like I am watching a horrible music video and he seems to think if he keeps the action and camara moving at all times no one will notice how terrible his movies really are.

The bottom line is this though, my side of the argument has lost. This movie will be the highest grossing movie of the year

Unclebuck
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
I just shake my head at people who bash Bay and his movies, and then go and see the movie anyway.

CONGRATULATIONS WE'RE NOW GOING TO GET TRANSFORMERS 3!

I have stopped seeing his movies after Armageddon - I did watch the first 30 minutes or so of Transformers on DVD before I told the person I was watching the movie with that I just couldn't keep watching, I was sorry.

bellisimo
06-29-2009, 08:34 AM
there is many things that i hate about the way this franchise is being handled - yet i'm hopeful that in the near future when they decide to reboot this franchise, it'll be in better hands and get the same treatment as Batman...then again...maybe i'm just too optimistic...

Unclebuck
06-29-2009, 08:53 AM
there is many things that i hate about the way this franchise is being handled - yet i'm hopeful that in the near future when they decide to reboot this franchise, it'll be in better hands and get the same treatment as Batman...then again...maybe i'm just too optimistic...

If Christopher Nolan, Michael Mann, or Martin Scorsese directed Transformer's 3 - I would be more than happy to see the movie

bellisimo
06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
If Christopher Nolan, Michael Mann, or Martin Scorsese directed Transformer's 3 - I would be more than happy to see the movie

when you put it that way...pretty sure neither one of them would touch this franchise with a 10ft stick... :(

bellisimo
06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
from another forum...

"Imagine if the Transformers were given to a director who could actually tell a story."
Oh god, it would be the best movie ever.
It'd be like The Dark Knight, but with giant robots fighting each other..

rexnom
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Hmm...I don't know if Transformers is the kind of material that lends itself necessarily to good movie-making. The chief problem is that many of the main actors aren't really actors. The key to any of the "good" blockbusters is character-drive stories with strong performances. For Transformers to be good, they'd have to move away from the absurd amounts of robots.

bellisimo
06-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Hmm...I don't know if Transformers is the kind of material that lends itself necessarily to good movie-making. The chief problem is that many of the main actors aren't really actors. The key to any of the "good" blockbusters is character-drive stories with strong performances. For Transformers to be good, they'd have to move away from the absurd amounts of robots.

well the characters could also be robots - perfect example: Wall-E
he was a robot and didn't even talk - yet you knew exactly what or how he felt and connected with the audience in some way...

rexnom
06-29-2009, 11:07 AM
well the characters could also be robots - perfect example: Wall-E
he was a robot and didn't even talk - yet you knew exactly what or how he felt and connected with the audience in some way...
I just don't think it could work with a menagerie of fighting robots. It only worked for X-Men 2 (the best large cast action movie IMO) b/c they narrowed it to a few characters. And still, what worked there was the characters' humanity. I don't see that coming out of a truck that transforms into a giant robot to fight evil alien robots.

bellisimo
07-01-2009, 08:44 AM
what some people think Transformers looks like...

9fqN_wCK9hM

duke dynamite
07-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I saw it last night. By no means whatever the critics said had no bearing on my opinion of this movie. It was a very good movie.

I can understand that Michael Bay can go overboard with explosions and things flying through the air, but I can't say that I didn't enjoy it.

heywoode
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM

I like ya, buddy. I really do. It is difficult for me to find the right words to describe what I feel about this post, and all the others I've read from you regarding Michael Bay movies, including the two Transformers movies.

I thought The Dark Knight sucked. It was too dark, too violent, and I didn't find Heath Ledger's performance as a psychotic, make-up wearing criminal that big of a stretch or that noteworthy. I am troubled that so many people, including critics, see TDK as any better of a movie than quite a few movies that Michael Bay has made. Lots of 'splosions, lots of violence, and lots of cool toys.

What's the big deal about people liking any particular kind of movie? I don't think anything is quite so disturbing as the ultra-violence of movies like Saw, Captivity, and Hostel. I could see being troubled by THOSE movies being so popular, but Transformers? They were a VERY popular cartoon and action figure toy line, and the special effects are fantastic. Even if the script and acting are mindless drivel, the movie is no worse than about 90% of the movies that get made.

It isn't entirely Michael Bay's fault that the studio execs in charge of deciding what movie gets made and what movie doesn't always decide based on profitability over all else.

When you post stuff like this, it makes me feel a bit like I should be ashamed of myself for liking it! I know that is not what you mean by it, but I think it can be taken that way. I'm not trying to criticize you. You have as much right as I do to post your opinions. I just wanted to state mine!