PDA

View Full Version : KEEP RONNIE!

PacersFan
06-25-2004, 01:30 AM
I know a lot of you don't think much of him, and his maturity is a concern for some of you all too. But look at the HUGE improvement he made in his character this year, and who says he can't get better next year. As for you all you like the Harrington, Bender, and Artest for McGrady rumor that's come back up, I really would think long and hard about straight up trading Ron for Tracy, and including those Al and Bender would be the deal buster. Ron has the will to win, and Tracy obviously doesn't b/c he ditched his team halfway into the year.

A true superstar would have stuck with the team and would have tried to get them better instead of faking an injury and sitting out. McGrady is a good player, no doubt, but the true will to win is usually shown on the defensive side and how hard you work there, and Ron obviously works much much harder. My biggest worry about trading Ron is our defense. It WILL suffer. Who will we have to shut down the other team's best player. When we finally put him on Rip instead of keeping F. Jones and Reggie, Rip had a much harder time scoring.

I agree that Ron gets out of our offense at times, but not usually. I think much of it against Detroit was due to the fact that Jermaine was hurt and he couldn't post up as much, so Ron felt that he needed to score more points. During the regular season, and the series against Boston and Miami he did a very good job on the offensive end, so you can't ditch him because he had one bad series, that would be like saying Detroit should have ditched Chauncey cause he had a terrible series against us, maybe both of them having bad offensive games was because of the good defense and not their bad offense.

He's also a player who can get into the lane and draw fouls. I know a lot of you don't agree, but for as many years as we've been waiting on Bender, we really should give Ron at least another year because in all honesty, how many of you actaully believe we could have gotten this far without him.

Hoop
06-25-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm blind, paragraphs are your friend. ;)

I really like Ron too, but how many times can you get a top 5 player, with only losing one starter. I think McGrady could be MVP of the league in the right situation and that could be here.

If we do this deal and trade Ron, it most likely will be nothing to do with Ron's basketball ability or how he played against Detroit. It'll be because he has "problems" that the Pacer don't think he'll ever work out.

ROCislandWarrior
06-25-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm blind, paragraphs are your friend. ;)

I really like Ron too, but how many times can you get a top 5 player, with only losing one starter. I think McGrady could be MVP of the league in the right situation and that could be here.

If we do this deal and trade Ron, it most likely will be nothing to do with Ron's basketball ability or how he played against Detroit. It'll be because he has "problems" that the Pacer don't think he'll ever work out.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking the same exact thing :lol2:

PacersFan
06-25-2004, 02:01 AM
lol, sorry, didn't realize how long it was......changed it