PDA

View Full Version : Will RW make the team.

Young
06-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I would hope so.

I think he might be able to be a nice player for us in a few years. Brewer has showed signs of that.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 12:42 AM
I think he'll take Brewer's space.

Dr Huxtable
Yes.

Pig Nash

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Bold statement: He'll be the main backup PG before the year's end. :thumbsup:

Snickers
06-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Sounds pretty good for the last pick of the draft. Sure.

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 12:46 AM

Yep

Anthem
06-25-2004, 12:58 AM
If we trade Tinsley.

Roaming Gnome
06-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Nope...

ROCislandWarrior
06-25-2004, 01:21 AM
If we trade Tinsley.

Hell No!

wintermute
06-25-2004, 01:55 AM

Bold statement: He'll be the main backup PG before the year's end.

both statements sound good...

able
06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
like a snowball surviving in hell.
His only chance is to impress the living daylights out of people in rookiecamp, his only disadvantage is that Brewer will be there to i suppose and will beat the crap out of him :) Don't forget he is prcatising with Ron usually.
Only when we loose Tins Or Ciggie, will be he make the team, nay forget there is also a re-signing of AJ to come.

Unclebuck
06-25-2004, 01:02 PM
No, I doubt it

Peck
06-25-2004, 01:07 PM
With Anderson gone, A.J. playing his options & Brewer probably wanting to move to somewhere where he could play at this time I would say, maybe.
However, A.J. will re-sign, nobody will offer Brewer anything to big so we will either match the offer or he will get a min. contract.
With that in mind, I doubt it. However they may keep him around to fill out the 15 man roster.

Will Galen
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Brewer is a restricted free agent. That means he is still under contract to the Pacer's and still on the team.

Peck
06-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Brewer is a restricted free agent. That means he is still under contract to the Pacer's and still on the team.

I may be totally confused on this, but I thought that a restricted free agent was a free agent.

Meaning that the Pacer have the right of first refusal, so to speak.

In other words if Brewer signed with Atlanta (as an example) the Pacers could match the contract & he would remain a Pacer.

However if the Pacers didn't match the contract he became a member of the Hawks.

If nobody offers him a contract, he remains an unsigned free agent under contract to nobody?

Or am I wrong about this?

Young
06-25-2004, 02:14 PM
The only diffrence between a restricted FA and a FA is a RFAs team can match any offer.

So for example:

We offer Q-Rich the MLE, he signs the offer sheet.

LA would have 15 days to match that offer. They either take him or let him go to Indiana. No other deals can be worked out and Q could not change his mind or something and sign another offer sheet.

Just like Peck said.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Peck, I think you're right.

Zesty
06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
I may be totally confused on this, but I thought that a restricted free agent was a free agent.

Meaning that the Pacer have the right of first refusal, so to speak.

In other words if Brewer signed with Atlanta (as an example) the Pacers could match the contract & he would remain a Pacer.

However if the Pacers didn't match the contract he became a member of the Hawks.

If nobody offers him a contract, he remains an unsigned free agent under contract to nobody?

Or am I wrong about this?

You're right on all of that, but I am unsure of the part in bold, but only in specifics. I'm not sure how long he has to go without being offered a contract before he becomes an unrestricted FA. My guess is by the start of the season, but I don't know for sure.

ChicagoJ
06-25-2004, 04:20 PM
What are the negatives on RW?

Why wasn't he picked earlier?

I've got a soft spot for PGs from Georgia (but not Georgia Tech.)

beast23
06-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Brewer is NOT an RFA.

He is under contract to the Pacers, who hold a team option on him. I do not know when the date is that the Pacers must exercise the option.

Wright is said to be an excellent defensive player. In fact, I think I read where he was last season's SEC DPOY.

And he has played PG for Georgia, which probably means he has at least adequate PG skills. He certainly cannot shoot any worse than Brewer; more than likely he shoots better.

And, he could probably be signed for the NBA minimum, or less than half of what we would pay Brewer.

I think Wright would be a great 3rd PG, behind Tinsley and AJ. Get him a little court time and see how it goes.

I think he'll make the roster over Brewer, whose option will not be exercise, or who will be included in a trade as a throw-in in within a month or so.

LAPacer
06-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Yes, because the Pacers will make a 3 for 2 or a 3 for 1 player trade to land a SG (last piece to their first championship) and there will be a roster spot open.

Snickers
06-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Just wondering, is it true that Wright has a 6'10" wingspan? I thought I saw that listed somewhere, and if so, that is HUGE for a 6'0" guy.

Pig Nash
06-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I read that too. I'm starting to like our draft very much!

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Something else you will like...he shot 40% from 3 last year :o

Hoop
06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Just wondering, is it true that Wright has a 6'10" wingspan? I thought I saw that listed somewhere, and if so, that is HUGE for a 6'0" guy.

Excellent ball handling skills and great playmaker. A pure point guard who is always looking to get his teammates involved. Plays in control and has a solid basketball IQ. Assist to turnover ratio was a magnificent 3 to 1 in his junior season. Great defensive player with extremely long arms. He has a ridiculous 6-10 wingspan which helps him get a lot of steals. Decently quick player that loves to drive through the lane and dish the ball off or finish strong.

Will Galen
06-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Brewer is NOT an RFA.

From the Indy Star. "Restricted free agent Jamison Brewer is the most logical Pacer to be selected. Restricted free agents become unrestricted free agents if they are selected, meaning they can sign with any team. Offers to restricted free agents can be matched by the player's previous team."

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/156862-9828-039.html

Will Galen
06-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Hoopshype has him making $700,000 next year as a team option.

beast23
06-26-2004, 02:33 AM
There seems to be a general state of confusion regarding free agency (FA) versus restricted free agency (RFA).

My understanding of the CBA is that RFA applies to 1st round draft choices following the 4th (option) year of their rookie contracts only and NEVER to 2nd round draft choices.

A 1st round draft choice signs to a guaranteed 3 year agreement with an optional 4th year (team option).

In the even that the team elects the option and carries the player for the 4th year, they can then elect to make a qualifying offer to the player following the 4th season.

In the event that the team makes a qualifying offer, the player becomes RFA, meaning that the team has 15 days to match an offer made to the player by another team in order to retain him.

Teams have no matching rights on 2nd round draft choices, therefore 2nd round choices can become FA, but never RFA.

Lord Helmet
06-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Funny you should say that, Indystar had an article today about why he may not make the team.who knows