PDA

View Full Version : Since we kept Al Harrington, what do you think the chances of us making a major

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 12:07 AM
We all know Al is major trade bait, and can be included with Artest and filler , which we also knew.

What do you think the chances of us making a major move to get Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen or someone else now that we kept Al Harrington?

Personally, I Would rather have us keep core lineup and just make minor additions, like signing Derek Fisher, and looking to upgrade the C spot. Hopefully Harrison helps with that part. :dance:

Unclebuck
06-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Pretty good chance

Shade
06-25-2004, 12:09 AM
T-Mac, baby. :devil:

Hicks
06-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Possibly good.

canyoufeelit
06-25-2004, 12:11 AM
60%

sweabs
06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
I think people need to give up on the idea of acquiring Ray Allen.

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 12:16 AM

Apparently he's available

Young
06-25-2004, 12:18 AM

Really?

Any link?

I'm not saying I don't believe you because I do but I just wanted to read it because before they were working on an extension. Ok I don't believe you. :D

Sorry.

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 12:20 AM

Really?

Any link?

I'm not saying I don't believe you because I do but I just wanted to read it because before they were working on an extension. Ok I don't believe you. :D

Sorry.

Lol...I saw it a couple places, I don't remember though

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 12:21 AM
The ESPN Draft guys were saying Ray Allen is unhappy because Brent Barry may be leaving & that he wants a good PG to play with him. That's all I have heard, as of late.

I think our "major trade" chances are the same. It's never happened before & I don't see why that will change.

mr oven cover
06-25-2004, 12:24 AM
if you're referring to brent barry as a "Good pg", i think you better rethink. he's a good player, yes, but he much more fits the position of a two guard.

as for the trade, my signature says it all.

sweabs
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM
if you're referring to brent barry as a "Good pg", i think you better rethink. he's a good player, yes, but he much more fits the position of a two guard.

as for the trade, my signature says it all.

As does mine.

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM

Don't shoot the messenger, pal. :unimpressed:

Lord Helmet
06-25-2004, 10:57 PM
what about jamal crawford. didnt he drop 50 pts late last season?

Hoop
06-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Just a thought.......

What about T-MAC ! :dance:

Anthem
06-26-2004, 12:36 AM
What would it take to get Ray Allen? Any Sonics fans on the board? Whatever happened to Kalibane?

I actually wouldn't mind going after Ray Allen instead of TMac. The asking price would be lower, we could keep more talent, and he'd force the Pacers to play him at SG (our position of weakness) instead of SF (our position of strength). Any blockbuster trade that leaves Reggie as our starting SG this fall is a bad trade, IMO.

Mr. Pink
06-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Did we resign Al? Or since we kept him after the draft..is that what you all are saying?

I'm confused.

:bowdown:Please someone.

Sactolover

Mourning
06-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Did we resign Al? Or since we kept him after the draft..is that what you all are saying?

I'm confused.

:bowdown:Please someone.

Sactolover

No, he still has a running contract for a few years, but we want to trade him because we have too many SFs in quality, quantity and in potential too keep all of tham around.

So, what we are saying is : have the chances that we will succeed in making a major trade in which we will be heavily involved increased for the better or the worse? I would say that chance has increased , obviously, because Al is still here and so is at the very least another commodity we can use in such a thing as a trade or sign and trade deal. How much that chance has increased is anyones guess here.

Regards,

Mourning;)

SpADeD
06-27-2004, 11:34 AM
what about jamal crawford. didnt he drop 50 pts late last season?

Yea he did drop 50 points last season, and Chicago may be willing to trade him. I believe there was a thread on this somewhere around here.