PDA

View Full Version : Orlando TV reporting Indy/Orl T-Mac deal

canyoufeelit
06-24-2004, 11:39 PM
ah, the T-Mac rumors resurface after the draft. So, believe what you will:

The News in Orlando is that Larry Bird and Walsh came to Orlando to speak with the Magic and T-Mac.... Artest, Harrington, and Bender is the deal....

Hicks
06-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Deal as in done deal or deal as in what has been talked about?

Shade
Do it. At first I was against it, now I'm for it.

Hicks
**** it. Why not.

zxc
06-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah at this point, whatever, go for it. But I would really like to keep at least 1 of those guys for small forward. For some reason I'd like to keep Bender the most though, heh.

Anthem
Man, that's too much for TMac.

We gotta keep at least 1 SF.

Young
I'd probably do it.

I mean, if you say keep Al who are you gonna get? Mobley? [Or someone like that]

pacerwaala
06-24-2004, 11:42 PM
no deal if artest is included

Suaveness
How about Ron, Al, and Harrison?

Will Galen

The News in Orlando is that Larry Bird and Walsh came to Orlando to speak with the Magic and T-Mac.... Artest, Harrington, and Bender is the deal....

That's a load of blarney . . . when have they had time to go to Orlando?

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Didn't we go through all this like a week ago.

I'll believe it when i see it.

If DW and LB did go to Orlando don't you think it would have been reported by other media outlets.

canyoufeelit
It's all over the ESPN Magic board now (yeah, because ESPN boards are so reliable - I'm skeptical about this too) which may mean that it's all over the Orlando news

zxc
Yeah I saw it on the espn boards too. Like 5 people posted it at the same time though so it might have actually been on the news.

Hicks
Supposedly it was Orlando wanting Bender, Harrington, Artest, and Tinsley, but now that they have Nelson they aren't demanding Tinsley.

Aw Heck
06-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Assuming these trades go down...our SF's are T-Mac and JJ?

sweabs
06-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Aw no - this is all you guys needed to hear!

You'll all sleep well tonight!!!

Seriously - if you haven't learned anything from this offseason - rumours are being spread a dime a dozen...

Young
06-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Supposedly it was Orlando wanting Bender, Harrington, Artest, and Tinsley, but now that they have Nelson they aren't demanding Tinsley.

Also, them getting Nelson means 1 of 2 things:

- No deal with Francis.
- No third team.

pacerwaala
06-24-2004, 11:46 PM
we have nothing if we do this. no depth whatsoever

Young
Aw no - this is all you guys needed to hear!

You'll all sleep well tonight!!!

Seriously - if you haven't learned anything from this offseason - rumours are being spread a dime a dozen...

True.

I don't think it is true but I would do it, mainly cause i'm sick and tired of all of the rumors and I really like TMac.

Shade
What could we get back to make salaries match? Juwan?

Will Galen
It's just more blarney. The Pacers were just trying to trade Al to several teams in the draft and now both Bird and Walsh have susposingly gone to Orlando to trade all three of our small forwards?

There's all kinds of problems with that rumor. For one, if they went to Orlando why were they trying to trade Al?

Blarney! Blarney! Blarney! Blarney! Blarney! Blarney!

pb777
Who else will Orlando send with TMac? The salaries dont add up - Artest, Harrington, and Bender > TMac

Shade
06-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Let's try to look at this objectively:

Artest - Great talent, not as good as T-Mac -- a headcase
Al - Solid 6th man, but will complain if he doesn't get to start, doesn't show up in the playoffs, low trade value apparently
Bender - could be great, could be a bust -- no real trade value

I'd rather keep Bendy-straw and ship out Freddie, personally, but we have to do something. SFs are easier to come across than SGs.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 11:49 PM
What could we get back to make salaries match? Juwan?

Something like that.

Aw Heck
06-24-2004, 11:50 PM
I'd feel much better about this if the Pacers sign Bowen to the MLE.

canyoufeelit
06-24-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't understand why we give up 3 SFs for one either. I'm skeptical about this one too, but I feel that it is my duty to share these rumors and news reports so y'all have plenty to talk about.

probably Juwan and T-Mac then? right?

Hicks
06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah likely Juwan and T-Mac, maybe Lue.

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I want Bowen. Trade 2 SFs and Harrison.

Shade
06-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I would offer Ron, Al, and Freddie, and do what we can to bring in Bowen.

C - Foster/Pollard/Harrison
PF - O'Neal/Howard/Croshere
SF - Bender/Bowen/JJones
SG - McGrady/Miller/Wright
PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Brewer

Looks solid to me. :)

Shade
06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Please Donnie and Larry, please...bring in T-Mac! :pray:

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
I would offer Ron, Al, and Freddie, and do what we can to bring in Bowen.

C - Foster/Pollard/Harrison
PF - O'Neal/Howard/Croshere
SF - Bender/Bowen/JJones
SG - McGrady/Miller/Wright
PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Brewer

Looks solid to me. :)

No freddie :cry:

canyoufeelit
06-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Croshere is like a SF trapped in a PF's body too

Slick Pinkham
06-24-2004, 11:59 PM
give up on it people.

we aren't trading all 3 of our small forwards.

too much to give up if Ron is involved.

Hoop
06-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Ron, Al and Bender seem like alot, till I really thought about it. Bender has never helped us one bit. Al has never helped us one bit in the playoffs. If Ron is involved it has to because of off the court problems that the Pacer think will never get better.

So we are really only giving up one starter. I don't know, but for a top 5 player it may not be to much to give up.

t-Bone
06-25-2004, 12:05 AM
http://mb3.theinsiders.com/forlandomagicfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1859.topic

he says that they arrived last night, but, how'd they do the draft tonight then? hmm

Shade
06-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Ron, Al and Bender seem like alot, till I really thought about it. Bender has never helped us one bit. Al has never helped us one bit in the playoffs. If Ron is involved it has to because of off the court problems that the Pacer think will never get better.

So we are really only giving up one starter. I don't know, but for a top 5 player it may not be to much to give up.

That's my thinking now as well.

We'd be giving up a lot of potential, but getting a sure thing in the process. And T-Mac can play the 2 AND the 3.

Do it.

arkman40
06-25-2004, 12:09 AM
It's a hell of a lot to give up, but the thought of a JO/T-Mac combo for the next half-decade or so sure is pretty nice to think about. :drool:

Hicks
06-25-2004, 12:12 AM
If this is real, DO IT.

God am I tired of the hot/cold rumors about this. I hope I go to sleep tomorrow knowing he's a Pacer.

TMJ31
I agree-- I dont care if JB gets traded really, I like him, but I won't really miss him. I like Al as well, but same as JB, I wont really miss him, especially at playoff time.

The only guy I miss is Artest, who is on my bad side right now (losing us game 6 (basically), skipping his interviews and being stupid again)

but like some of u have brought up, for a top 5 player like T-Mac-- we CANT expect not to give one of our top 1-2 players, its just not realistic.

If we can get a guarentee that TMac will resign here, do it... do it now

Pig Nash
ok current deal gives the Magic the same problem we do with not enough minutes to go around at the forward spot and they already have gooden and they just got DH. So why does orlando take all of our 3's? They would do better taking Freddie.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
ok current deal gives the Magic the same problem we do with not enough minutes to go around at the forward spot and they already have gooden and they just got DH. So why does orlando take all of our 3's? They would do better taking Freddie.

Because even with the Houston deal it looked like they wouldn't have been done dealing. They'd probably use 1 or 2 of them in another trade later.

arkman40
06-25-2004, 12:14 AM

I think the idea is that they would not be done trading. Perhaps they would see, say Artest, as a key cornerstone gained in this deal, and then package some of their other forwards for a C or SG.

edit: pretty much what Hicks said

sweabs
06-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Just when I thought everyone had given up on T-Mac...this thread has to appear :shakehead:

Pig Nash
06-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah you're probably right. I didn't think of that. Who would they go after? and who with? Wasn't Artest the one Weisbrod liked the most? or was it harrington? If i was Weisbrod and I did this deal (and i would do this one over the Francis deal in a heartbeat. the only better deal i'd seen was the Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, seventh pick and that obviously didn't happen) I'd use Artest to get a shooting guard and help at center. (that's waht the pacers should do IMHO as well)

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm mixed on this.

One part of me says "DONNIE AND LARRY PULL THE TRIGGER NOW!", and another part says "Well, there goes our three good SF's."

But seriously, the offseason is only a few weeks old- if we do this trade there are chances that we can get a SF in free agency, like Bruce Bowen. And TMac can play SF.

bulletproof
06-25-2004, 12:19 AM

That's a load of blarney . . . when have they had time to go to Orlando?

Larry has a home in Florida and Donnie and Larry go there quite a bit—on scouting trips, etc., or just to hang out. It's quite possible they've been there. Take the Simons' private jet and they could go there and come back in no time.

Unclebuck
06-25-2004, 12:23 AM
If you read the thread, they say it is AL, Ron and Tinsley. Not Bender

Here it is

Central Florida News 13 is reporting that Pacer Mgmt arrived in Orlando late last night with intentions on aquiring McGrady's services for players that they say will outdo the Houston offer. Players mentioned were Harrington, Artest, and Tinsley. They will be in town for the next couple of days to play "Lets Make a Deal!"

i'm personally pullin for the Pacers trade as I see the Houston trade as a step in the wrong direction after what I think was a great night for the Magic draftwise.

Should be intersting to see the Rockets and Pacers it out for T-Mac.

P.S. Still hoping Tmac has a change of heart after seeing the talent we have brought in and decides to stick it out with his hometown team.

Snickers
06-25-2004, 12:24 AM
More Tmac.... :uhoh:

I think we should explain to Weisbrod what a great checker Pollard is. Never gets called for icing either. :cool:

Hicks
06-25-2004, 12:24 AM

Not the one I read. Said the 3 that we've talked about, and it used to be those 3 + Tinsley, but now they don't care about getting Tinsley due to this Nelson kid.

TMJ31
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM

Id rather they take Bender personally

Young
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM
More on this:

Web Page Name (http://mb3.theinsiders.com/forlandomagicfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1859.topic)

The tittle of thread is "Indiana's ownership in town" so I wonder if they mean the Simons or just Bird and DW.

t-Bone
06-25-2004, 12:30 AM
More on this:

Web Page Name (http://mb3.theinsiders.com/forlandomagicfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1859.topic)

The tittle of thread is "Indiana's ownership in town" so I wonder if they mean the Simons or just Bird and DW.

thats what i was wondering, because larry,and dw, would presumably have to be in indy tonight.

Young
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I guy mentioned Tinsley name so I wonder if Magic would give us Jameer Nelson???

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
If Jameer Nelson were to be traded to the Pacers, I would have mixed emotions. On one side, I'd be ecstatic because I think he will have a tremendous career. On the other, I'd feel sympathy for the guy being traded twice already.

Young
06-25-2004, 12:37 AM
If Jameer Nelson were to be traded to the Pacers, I would have mixed emotions. On one side, I'd be ecstatic because I think he will have a tremendous career. On the other, I'd feel sympathy for the guy being traded twice already.

That was just me speculating. I would not put to much into it. :)

My sister would love Nelson here, she wouldn't shut up about his 3 year old boy.

indytoad
06-25-2004, 12:40 AM

This is what worries me. The possibility that he'll leave to sign with Houston as soon as he can makes this deal particularly risky.

IndyToad
Whatta day

Young
06-25-2004, 12:45 AM

This is what worries me. The possibility that he'll leave to sign with Houston as soon as he can makes this deal particularly risky.

IndyToad
Whatta day

I know that Bird and DW know better than to let him walk like that. They will make sure he signs an extension here or something.

And Houston wouldn't be able to afford him anyway, unless they pull a Denver and trade all of there contracts for junk. [Although they would still have Yao.]

Hoop
06-25-2004, 12:48 AM

IndyToad
Whatta day

Can't he sign an extension with Orlando right before the trade happens? if it happens.

Young
06-25-2004, 12:50 AM

IndyToad
Whatta day

Can't he sign an extension with Orlando right before the trade happens? if it happens.

Maybe.

But I don't know if that would make him a BYC player.

Or the fact that he is not guaranteed to be a FA, he has an opt out next season with a year or two after that.

Even if he could sign an extension I bet he would have restrictions.

Young
06-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Well, a Rocket fan reported that a radio station said that the Magic and Rockets have agreed and it will happen on July 1rst.

Take it for what it is worth....

Snickers
06-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Gah!! I've got Tmac poisoning! :cry:

canyoufeelit
06-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Well, a Rocket fan reported that a radio station said that the Magic and Rockets have agreed and it will happen on July 1rst.

Exactly. Nobody has any Tmacking idea what the Tmac is going on anymore. Guess we'll find out eventually.

Hoop
06-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Gah!! I've got Tmac poisoning! :cry:
:o That's bad, your McGrady could fall off. :o

Snickers
06-25-2004, 01:01 AM

Exactly. Nobody has any Tmacking idea what the Tmac is going on anymore. Guess we'll find out eventually.

You're Tmacking right, you little McGradyer. I hope all this Tmacs soon. :neutral:

ROCislandWarrior
06-25-2004, 01:03 AM
OMG! I go away for a little while and look what happens :o

I think it is official...Tmac oWnz this board

Hicks
06-25-2004, 01:10 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/draft_moves_040624.html

I hear we’re really his second choice, that if he doesn’t go to Houston he’d like to come here,” Bird said. “That’s how I understand it through (CEO) Donnie (Walsh). And Donnie and the owners are going to have to handle this one. This is out of my league. I mean, this is big.

tora tora
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM

I hear we’re really his second choice, that if he doesn’t go to Houston he’d like to come here,” Bird said. “That’s how I understand it through (CEO) Donnie (Walsh). And Donnie and the owners are going to have to handle this one. This is out of my league. I mean, this is big.

Big is an understatement, although I'm still reluctant to let Artest go...

zxc
06-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Just saw this.. http://floridatoday.com

Check that Breaking news up top. Dunno if that site is anything trustworthy.

:: Magic trade McGrady
(check back within the hour for details)

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Uhh where do you see that at?

zxc
06-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Saw the link here.. http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_orl&id=415380&move=firstThread

Peck
06-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Just saw this.. http://floridatoday.com

Check that Breaking news up top. Dunno if that site is anything trustworthy.

Holy *****, you're right.

It does say this. I'm telling you I think I'm going explode from all of this up & down over T-Mac.

But damn, if we pull this off....

zxc
06-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Well if it really is going down right now I think it would have to be us since the Houston trade needed to wait till July 1st for that BYC stuff with francis. Guess we will see soon.. though would think this would be popping up everywhere by now if it was for real.

canyoufeelit
06-25-2004, 01:36 AM
It's gotta be Houston. No Tmacking way that we pulled it off in this timeframe when all the talk is Houston Houston Houston all the Tmackin' time

bulletproof
06-25-2004, 01:37 AM

Hmm...

J-Wont
06-25-2004, 01:42 AM
I don't see it anywhere ???

zxc
06-25-2004, 01:43 AM
It's gone now, guess they were just messing with us =\

Hoop
06-25-2004, 01:44 AM

^ It's gone from that website now. :mad:

ROCislandWarrior
06-25-2004, 01:46 AM

^ It's gone from that website now. :mad:

This is weird!

Dr Huxtable
They probably got word that they shouldn't have put it up so early. ;)

Pig Nash
Those Limey *******S!

zxc
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3627/tm.gif

There is what we were talking about btw for anyone who missed it. If this pic works anyway.

canyoufeelit
06-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Now they're just Tmacking with us. I wish I had a clue what the McGrady is going on here

Pig Nash
06-25-2004, 01:47 AM
The pic works for me

J-Wont
06-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Someone may have hacked their website and posted it, then theyve found out and removed it.

Hicks
This is crazy. :laugh:

Pig Nash
oh and by the way.. I think its damn near poetic that Dwight Howard has braces. :lol2:

Hicks
06-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Someone may have hacked their website and posted it, then theyve found out and removed it.

I kinda doubt it.

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 01:49 AM
I think if someone were to hack their website they'd have more intentions than posting a false story at the top.

canyoufeelit
06-25-2004, 01:50 AM
Whatever, I'm going to sleep on this one. I just can't Tracy the McGranticipation anymore.

ROCislandWarrior
06-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Oh My Goodness!

I am going crazy! No more Tmac!!! Either get him or withdraw from the race... omg :yikes:

Pig Nash
06-25-2004, 01:54 AM
I vouch that the new word censor should put T-Mac whenever anyone says the word **** (f word) in a post

zxc
06-25-2004, 01:56 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-bk-tmac062504,0,5686887.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Well guess we might as well forget about it, sounds like that mighta been what they jumped the gun on.

Hicks
06-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Yeah, sounds like they weren't talking about us:

T-Mac trade to Houston step closer
The trade of Tracy McGrady to the Houston Rockets moved a step closer early Friday morning to becoming reality after Magic general manager John Weisbrod spoke with Rockets guard Steve Francis.

Dr Huxtable
06-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Yea, but Steve Francis can't be traded until after sometime in July.

fwpacerfan
06-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey I've got an idea. Larry if you're reading this PM me because I'll be in Orlando at the end of next week. I'd be happy to meet w/TMac for you and get things hammered out. That would save you and DW a trip. Let me know what options I can give the Magic, but I'll let you know that I won't offer them Artest so don't even suggest it.http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/:shakehands:

Lord Helmet
06-25-2004, 10:51 PM
no deal if artest is included

:bowdown: