PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 10:43 PM
The whole reason Ron's even remotely available this summer, is because of his mental issues.

Why the F**K did we draft a fat center with mental issues?

:soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff:

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 10:45 PM
:mad: :bs: :finger: :dead: :pissed: :death: :shakehead: :puke:

Kstat
06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
In his defense Hicks, you didnt TRADE for him, you drafted him.

Young
I thought if we were to get a center it would be Peter John Ramos and after all the other players were taken before 29 who I really wanted [Martin] I was pulling for Ricky Minard.

Bird, your an idioit. All you GMs who played for Boston really suck *** as GMs.

Shade
The whole reason Ron's even remotely available this summer, is because of his mental issues.

Why the F**K did we trade for a fat center with mental issues?

:soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff: :soundoff:

We didn't. We drafted him last in the first round. ;)

Face it -- the #29 is garbage anyway, especially this year. May as well draft on potential.

Shade
06-24-2004, 10:48 PM
...your an idioit.

No matter how many times I see that, it still makes me :laugh:.

No offense. ;)

zxc

:rolleyes:

Can't believe people are freaking out over the 29th pick in the draft.

"fat center with mental issues".. Such a warm greeting the newest pacer is receiving. People say I'm negative you guys focusing on nothing but the negative here.

SpADeD
All you GMs who played for Boston really suck *** as GMs.

Bird has had one draft, and it was the 29th pick, what do you expect? I only think Ainge is the only Ex-Celtic GM that has proven to suck *** so far.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 10:49 PM
In his defense Hicks, you didnt TRADE for him, you drafted him.

Heh. Fixed that with an edit. :)

Young

Face it -- the #29 is garbage anyway, especially this year. May as well draft on potential.

DH has no potentiol with his attitude. Attitude is everything no matter what you are doing. His sucks.

Ha Seung-Jin
Ricky Minard
Peter John Ramos

All would have been better than David Harrison.

Shade

"fat center with mental issues".. Such a warm greeting the newest pacer is receiving. People say I'm negative you guys focusing on nothing but the negative here.

Yeah, no kidding. And they call us pessimistic. :laugh:

Natston
06-24-2004, 10:50 PM
With Dwight Howard and Emeka Okafor on the board why in the hell did we select this guy? We'll be the laughing stock of the league because we passed on a bunch of good talent this year... :mad:

:unimpressed:

Shade
06-24-2004, 10:50 PM

DH has no potentiol with his attitude. Attitude is everything no matter what you are doing. His sucks.

I'm sad to hear that. I really liked Ron Artest. :( ;)

Hicks
06-24-2004, 10:51 PM

If I was convinced he'd be good, I'd say so. Even now I'll admit his potential sounds nice. But if we're even THINKING about trading Ron because of his mental issues, I'm very pissed we draft a guy with similar issues. It makes little to no sense.

SpADeD
06-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Ha Seung-Jin
Ricky Minard
Peter John Ramos

Do you have a crystal ball that can see into the future? You know who is gonna make it into the NBA and who isn't? Give the kid a chance first, than be a critic.

Young
06-24-2004, 10:53 PM
It doesn't matter if when the pick was, if you have a chance to draft someone who can help you win a worlds championship you do it.

And DH is what, 20? He does not work hard so what makes you think he will change and what makes you think that he will be a player in this league if he doesn't work hard?

It is Birds first draft but David Harrison, that just doesn't make sense.

arkman40
06-24-2004, 10:54 PM
How do we KNOW that the scouting reports are an accurate representation of what this guy is all about mentally going forward? Don't you guys think that the Pacers might have thought about that?

Natston
06-24-2004, 10:54 PM
It doesn't matter if when the pick was, if you have a chance to draft someone who can help you win a worlds championship you do it.

Maybe Bird did just that... :uhoh:

zxc
06-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Ha Seung-Jin
Ricky Minard
Peter John Ramos

All would have been better than David Harrison.]

Do you have a crystal ball that can see into the future? You know who is gonna make it into the NBA and who isn't? Give the kid a chance first, than be a critic.

Really. And two of those guys haven't even been picked in the second round yet. So many idiot GMs out there I guess. Like how people are so high on these random 7 foot 6 guys who they know nothing about. Yeah, its a sure thing they woulda been better. :unimpressed:

Yeah sure Ha Seung-Jin woulda put us over the top.

Young
Ha Seung-Jin
Ricky Minard
Peter John Ramos

No I don't have a crystal ball, those above are players I strongly feel would have fit our team better.

That's all i'm going to say about this. Say what you want and agree or disagree with me. Debate it, but i'm not going to say more about this, for now atleast.

I will only say I hope I am wrong.

MagicRat
I guess I know why the Pacers don't hold draft parties anymore...... :rolleyes:

SpADeD

Maybe Bird did just that... :uhoh:

EXACTLY. And I highly doubt a rookie would put us over the top.

Anthem
06-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Brad Miller was undrafted for these same reasons. A lot of teams would have looked good picking him up at the end of the first round.

I'm fine with this pick. Unless maybe we could trade to the Bobcats for Primoz? :devil:

Kstat
06-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Brad Miller was undrafted for these same reasons. A lot of teams would have looked good picking him up at the end of the first round.

I'm fine with this pick. Unless maybe we could trade to the Bobcats for Primoz? :devil:

No team can lose a player in expansion and then trade to get him back within the same year.

kerosene
06-24-2004, 11:49 PM
The difference Hicks, is that Artest is a centerpiece of the team and if he's volitile that in turn effects the team. A guy who not even make it past his rookie contract in the NBA sitting on the end of the bench isn't going to have the kind of impact that Ron does if/when his screws get loose.

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
I have no idea why some of you are freaking out. Sure I had some fun with the pick, but it was the last pick in the 1st round, you hope you get someone who can just make the roster.

How anyone can get all upset about this is beyond me

kerosene
06-24-2004, 11:54 PM
UB, I think everyone is just upset that Al wasn't dealt and the Pacers didn't get a high pick. Seems like a lot of people were expecting it. Now some are jumping on all the negatives about Harrison they can find.

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I am more worried about his mental problems ESPN mentioned. If he can correct that, then I don't have a problem.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
I am more worried about his mental problems ESPN mentioned. If he can correct that, then I don't have a problem.

I guess the same goes for me. I've cooled down since earlier, and for a 29th pick I guess his potential is pretty good.

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 11:58 PM

I guess the same goes for me. I've cooled down since earlier, and for a 29th pick I guess his potential is pretty good.

Yep.

BostonConnection
06-25-2004, 12:03 AM
I say give the kid a chance. The draft is such a crap shoot, there's no guarantee that any player (including lottery picks) will turn out as good or bad as "the experts" say they will. :shrug:

MagicRat
06-25-2004, 12:17 AM

So I guess I don't need to post this and tell you guys to lay off of the poor guy?.......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/harrisonmaniac.gif

kerosene
06-25-2004, 12:19 AM
:rotflmao:

Suaveness
06-25-2004, 12:22 AM

So I guess I don't need to post this and tell you guys to lay off of the poor guy?.......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mourning
06-25-2004, 12:32 AM

:jump:

MSA2CF
06-25-2004, 12:39 AM

He certainly can't be laid off. His contract is guaranteed. And he certainly isn't poor anymore, with his new contract.