PDA

View Full Version : Finally the day after all those years i was waiting for

DEEman
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
It doesnt deserve a new topic. Well maybe it does (at least for me.)

But oh my.. NBA league pass broadband is finally available in the Netherlands!

Starting in the Rik Smits ages, listening the games on WIBC. WIBC got blackedout so i had to start using google to listen the games, sometimes with no result. I followed most of the games using threads on PD, to find out what was happening while watchting the boxscores..Than it was fullfilling my needs. With some sound, now and than, and the things that were writtin on PD about the game, i had the idear i was keeping up what was happening around gameday.

After that those chinese software programs give me the option to see a game live once in a while, waking up the next day with square eyes and a big headache.. After that some more games because of the help of Heywoode and Ragnar (still a big thanks to those 2!)

Between than and now i emailed NBA many times about streaming the games thereself and praying that they give foreigners a chance to watch games on a regurlar basis.

Well, now is the time. After all those years im able to watch EVERY game live. I got a email today and signed up for the full thing.
If im not possible to watch because of work the next day, games start here 1am in the morning ;) i can watch it a day later. Im not gonna miss a minute from now on.

Just wanted to tell you guys how happy im feeling now. I had to type it!

Greetings from the Netherlands

Maurien

Hicks
01-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Great! :)

Pacersfan46
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Congrats. I've had League Pass Broadband a little while even though I live in Indianapolis.

Catch the Portland games sometime if you can, they're fun to watch. I like watching the Hornets as well. Enjoy!

-- Steve --

duke dynamite
01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats!

Pacers4Life
01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
kudos to you for being so dedicated. i thought i was about to have to listen to this ONE game tonight vs the boobcats on the radio and i was letdown.
Go P's!

Bball
01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Cool! Your loyalty and patience have been rewarded.

Spirit
01-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Wow man that's a good story. Glad to hear you can finally see the games in full quality. Too bad league pass is so pricy though.. I want to get it to (I can see Pacers games already) just to be able to watch games whenever I want but it's too much of a price to pay.

Tony Valente
01-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks to Heywoode and Ragnar from me as well ... a couple of years late.

Regarding the League Pass, by watching the demo I don't see any difference from the free streams in terms of video quality. So the only advantage is that you can watch recorded, games in a 24-hour frame, which I doubt worth paying more than 120$ per season or so.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Congrats man, I admire your passion for the Pacers. If you don't already have one, you should grow a mustache.

Major Cold
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I am excited I bought LP today.