PDA

View Full Version : Michael Redd is out for the season

Basketball Fan
01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/bucks_lose_redd_for_the_season.html" rel="nofollow

Bucks lose Redd for the season
Posted by: gwoelfel on January 25, 2009 at 2:24PM EST
BY GERY WOELFEL

The Milwaukee Bucks received some devastating news Sunday.

Star shooting guard Michael Redd is out for the rest of the NBA season.

Redd suffered what Bucks officials termed as a strained left knee in the third quarter of Saturday night's game againt the Sacramento Kings at the Bradley Center.

Sunday morning, Redd underwent a MRI and learned he had tears in both the ACL and MCL.

Bucks officials weren't available for comment.

Earlier this season, Redd sat out 14 games because of a sprained right ankle.

Redd is the Bucks' leading scorer, averaging 22.2 points per game. He has been playing particularly well in recent
weeks, recording a 44-point performance against the Sacramento Kings on Jan. 16 and a had a 27-point outing against the Dallas Mavericks.

The Bucks have a 22-25 record and are currently in the eighth -- and final -- spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings.

The Bucks' next game is Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Bradley Center. It'll be one of eight games the Bucks will play in their next 12 outings at home.

vnzla81
01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
He and Gilbert are the Tmac of the East

MrSparko
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Never want to see that. However I suppose that helps us since they're in the 8th spot.

Hicks
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
That's too bad.

maragin
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Bucks have been making very big strides with Skiles and some new players. It's unfortunate to see them face another setback.

BleedBlue
01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Not to celebrate an injury, but their loss is our gain.

Roaming Gnome
01-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Not to celebrate an injury, but their loss is our gain.

I highly doubt it with 5 teams between us and Milwaukee's 8th seed... Not all 5 teams are better then us, but I don't think we are better then all 5 to make the play-offs

MrSparko
01-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Still it potentially knocks it down to 5 teams instead of 6. Anyway you put it it still aids us in at least a small way.

kester99
01-25-2009, 07:08 PM
The Bucks were one of, or the one, team(s) who we were least likely to catch.

I don't have time for elegant sentence structure.

vnzla81
01-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I highly doubt it with 5 teams between us and Milwaukee's 8th seed... Not all 5 teams are better then us, but I don't think we are better then all 5 to make the play-offs

Are you starting to come to our side?..................:devil:

grace
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM

I was thinking I was going to have to renege on my prediction that the reason the Pacers wouldn't make the playoffs was because the Bucks would. I suppose once Bogut gets back (if he ever does) they might still stand a chance, but I'm a lot less hopeful than I was.

I almost forgot :wah:

Infinite MAN_force
01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
yea, i would be lying if I said my initial reaction wasn't "yes, this helps our playoff hopes!"

Geez, it seems like Redd is always injured. I know how that feels, fortunately, not anymore.

Infinite MAN_force
01-25-2009, 11:23 PM

The next four teams in front of us only have one more win and all have tougher schedules to finish the season. So... I don't think you can count us out just yet.

Roaming Gnome
01-25-2009, 11:25 PM
The next four teams in front of us only have one more win and all have tougher schedules to finish the season. So... I don't think you can count us out just yet.

I want to be wrong. I want to believe!

duke dynamite
01-25-2009, 11:26 PM
I hope you're right.