PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Tonight

mboyle1313
01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Citizens,

I'm not using my tickets for tonight's game and would like to give them to a denizen of this neighborhood, assuming anyone's interested.

If you are interested, please post. I will check back early this afternoon and pick someone as the mood strikes me.

No private IM's, please.

Thanks,
MJB

Shade
01-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Just tell me who I have to kill/maim. :security:

Kstat
01-25-2009, 12:07 PM
I think you should make them compete for it.

trivia question, perhaps?

fight to the death?

Shade
01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I think you should make them compete for it.

trivia question, perhaps?

fight to the death?

I reiterate... :security:

indypacerfan54
01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Mark I would love to attend tonight's game with my wife. I would be extremely grateful to you if you could make this happen!!!

dannygranger
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/daysbetween/burns.jpg

ps. i have never been to a pacers or colts game so this would be awesome!

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I would absolutely love to have your tickets. No matter what I'll be going to the game, the difference will be between possibly getting your tickets or the poor college kid $10 seats.

Basketball Fan
01-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Sure I'd be up for it

YoSoyIndy
01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
I would absolutely love to have your tickets. No matter what I'll be going to the game, the difference will be between possibly getting your tickets or the poor college kid $10 seats.

The college deal is only for Tuesday games.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/ovsvqy?brand=pacers

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
The college deal is only for Tuesday games.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/ovsvqy?brand=pacers

I'm aware of that. I meant in the corner. I don't consider the Tuesday night deals "poor college kid seats." I consider those "smart college consumer seats." Sadly though, my only night class is on Tuesdays this semester, so I can't go to any of them.

Doddage
01-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'd like to get in on this. Thanks Mark.

tinsley#11
01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I would love to see us thrash the boobcats Mr. Boyle.

heywoode
01-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Mark,

I would definitely be interested! It would be nice to shoot a game without having to use my 75-300mm lens! I would certainly be posting photos from the game...

BTW, the last two games I've attended, we've been victorious, so I'm kinda the de facto rabbit's foot for the team! You wouldn't want to jinx them by NOT picking me, would you?!

Pacersfan46
01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
I would have your baby for those tickets .....

Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I would like them. :)

-- Steve --

mboyle1313
01-25-2009, 03:32 PM
All,

Tough call here. Personally, I'm intrigued by KStat's idea regarding a fight to the death, but I don't know anyone on this board well enough to enjoy their demise, so that's out.

Steve....I like your enthusiasm, but it's just a wee bit over the top. And while I appreciate Heywoode's appeal to superstition, I myself am not superstitious, thus ruling out that argument.

All in all, difficult to choose, but I figure I can't go wrong contributing to domestic bliss. Ergo, 54 is in. If you give me a name to leave the tickets under before 3:30, they're yours. Please make sure you bring a picture ID to the will call window when you pick them up.

MJB

heywoode
01-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Did I forget to say PLEASE?!

Pacersfan46
01-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Damn.

*note to self* Don't offer up pregnancy, people tend to think you're weird.

-- Steve --

dannygranger
01-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to mr boyle for doing this. very cool indeed!!

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to mr boyle for doing this. very cool indeed!!

I was just about to write something very similar. Thanks a lot for offering the tickets to this community of fans, it's really awesome.

heywoode
01-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah, it sure is cool for Mark to think of us on occasion. Hope you and the wife have fun tonight, 54...

Pacersfan46
01-25-2009, 03:54 PM
This was a mean, mean trick by the Simons. Now I'm thinking about going anyway. Dirty tricksters. :)

Yeah, just another reason this site roxors my boxors. Thanks for the chance.

-- Steve --

indypacerfan54
01-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Mark I sent you a pm with my name.

All, thanks I am excited for us to go. My wife is entering her second trimester and this is an awesome gift for us now!!!

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Mark I sent you a pm with my name.

All, thanks I am excited for us to go. My wife is entering her second trimester and this is an awesome gift for us now!!!

With the way we play this season, she might just go into labor at the game.

Pacers
01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Holy cow. I've been blown away that freaking Mark Boyle posts on this message board, the guy who I, like a lot of us here, grew up listening to on the radio make remarkable call after remarkable call. But not only that, he is giving away his own tickets?

*faints*

I'd be upset at missing this chance if I didn't have to work. Freaking amazing either way, though.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Holy cow. I've been blown away that freaking Mark Boyle posts on this message board, the guy who I, like a lot of us here, grew up listening to on the radio make remarkable call after remarkable call. But not only that, he is giving away his own tickets?

*faints*

I completely agree. It's pretty awesome.

Major Cold
01-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Mark good call on the giving to the couple. Woodey would have creeped out the other regular ticket holders with his camera taking skills.

duke dynamite
01-25-2009, 11:48 PM

*faints*

I'd be upset at missing this chance if I didn't have to work. Freaking amazing either way, though.
Easy there, buddy. :laugh:

Yeah, Mark, it was very nice of you to do this.

Shade
01-25-2009, 11:51 PM
indypacerfan54, we need a recap report! :soapbox:

BRushWithDeath
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
One thing's for sure... it was pretty sparsely attended tonight. First time all season there hasn't been a line at the bar of The Locker Room during halftime.

2minutes twowa
01-26-2009, 10:40 AM
A question for Mark:

I was lucky enough to get suite tickets for the Bobcats game yesterday. My brother and I arrived at around 6:15pm. During some of the early pregame action, I saw you sitting on the courtside media table with your mic on. You were obviously saying something to someone in the mic, because there was no one else around. I was just wondering what you were doing? Mic levels? Sound bites? Interview? I do have to confess that my brother and I were joking that you and slick were commenting on the pacemates via microphone. In our best Mark and Slick impersonations, we came up with quite an array of hilarious comments. Just curious if you'd like to share what you were doing and wanted to thank you for the added pregame entertainment:D

ABADays
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Another nice gesture by Mr. Boyle. I was the beneficiary of his seats one night before I went back to Iraq and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Thanks for making it a special night for someone.

heywoode
01-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not creepy, I have mad skillz...

I shoulda mentioned that I lost my job of ten years a couple weeks ago...Maybe I'd have gotten more sympathy! Actually, after the tickets went to 54, a friend and I debated on buying cheapies for this game, and we decided we didn't want to go. I coulda been there, but my choice to stay home. Given the attendance, I'm sure we coulda sat in the lower bowl too...Oh well.

mboyle1313
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Two Minutes,

I do a segment with Kevin to open the pre-game show. Rather than trek all the way upstairs, I just do it courside. After the pre-game ends, he and I switch spots, and I go back upstairs.

MJB

Tom White
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
What a really nice thing to do. I've always enjoyed your broadcasts of the games, and your times on the radio whether you were a guest or hosting. Hope you are around a good long time.

indypacerfan54
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Looks like people are waiting for an update.

We arrived about 15 minutes before T.O. We made our way to will call and I show my ID to get the tickets. Mark actually put a small note in the envelope that the tickets were in. I was not expecting this and it was a classy gesture.

I had no idea where the seats would be and and was optimistic that they would be club level rather than all the way at the top where we normally sit. All I have to say is that Mark REALLY hooked us up!!! The seats were ROW 8 SECTION 8 SEATS 1&2!!!!

Needless to say I have probably been to 50 games and NEVER sat this close!! My wife and I were amazed by this. We sat right behind the Bobcats bench.It was amazing hearing and seeing the game this close. It is truly beautiful to watch athletes of their size be so lithe and able to move with the grace and speed they do. This is something that is only captured this close. Not on TV or in the cheap seats.

My wife is a big Larry Brown fan and must have taken 20 photos of him. She also took many other photos of the game.

Afterwards we made our way to the gift shop and bought 2 granger jerseys and some other knickknacks.

We both had a great night all made possible from Mark. We both relished this opportunity
and hope that at some point in the future we can thank him in person!!!

mboyle1313
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Tom,

I've already been around a good long time, and the finish line is much closer than the starting line, but I do appreciate the thought.

Thanks,
MJB

count55
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Tom,

I've already been around a good long time, and the finish line is much closer than the starting line, but I do appreciate the thought.

Thanks,
MJB

Not words any Pacer fan wants to hear.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Not words any Pacer fan wants to hear.

Seconded. Isn't there some way we can make Mark immortal?

duke dynamite
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Seconded. Isn't there some way we can make Mark immortal?
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

We can make him like the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, From the Future!

FireTheCoach
01-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Honestly... how freakin cool is it to have the radio announcer for your favorite pro sports team as an active member of your favorite message board.

Mark Boyle is #1 in my book! I'd much rather listen to him and Slick call a game than the local guys on the tv broadcast. Too bad they got that delay on the tv broadcast... listening to the WIBC call is great but you always know what happened a split second before you see it on the television..... that sucks.

heywoode
01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the recap, 54. Glad to know that you had a great time, and hear how well you got hooked up!

After reading your post, the first thought I had was "Mark made the right call".

McKeyFan
01-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Honestly... how freakin cool is it to have the radio announcer for your favorite pro sports team as an active member of your favorite message board.

Mark Boyle is #1 in my book! I'd much rather listen to him and Slick call a game than the local guys on the tv broadcast. Too bad they got that delay on the tv broadcast... listening to the WIBC call is great but you always know what happened a split second before you see it on the television..... that sucks.

If you have TIVO you can make them synch. And I do.

Major Cold
01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I want tickets this close at the Fieldhouse. Just once. But I like sitting at club level nonetheless.

D23
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Tom,

Thanks,
MJB

But why would you want to go to the Finish Line? Everything there is so overpriced anyway :D