PDA

View Full Version : Mother Of Eddy Curry's Son Found Slain

MillerTime
01-25-2009, 09:09 AM
By Mary Owen and Andrew L. Wang
Chicago Tribune

The mother of Eddy Curry's son and her infant daughter were found slain on the South Side of Chicago on Saturday, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

Police are searching for a "known acquaintance" of the woman in connection with the homicides.

Curry was in Philadelphia Saturday for a game. He was back in New York later that evening, distraught and contemplating a trip to Chicago, the source said.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/woman-infant-found-slain-on-south-side.html

cramerica
01-25-2009, 09:34 AM
That's horrible. Hopefully they find whoever it was.

Brian
01-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Eddy has had a very rough year...Being benched,accused of being gay,now this...poor guy.

trey
01-25-2009, 12:00 PM
This is a really sad story. I feel really bad for his son. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this story, but I read a different one that said his 3 year old son witnessed the murders. I hope it doesn't mess him up too much, but I know it'll be a struggle, so sad. :(

King Tuts Tomb
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
UPDATE:
Report: Curry father of slain baby

Eddy Curry (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=990) reportedly was the father of the 9-month-old girl murdered along with her mother, Curry's ex-girlfriend, last Saturday.
Curry's 3-year-old son, Noah, was unhurt. The slain woman was also the mother of Curry's son.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3868735

Poor guy, I can't even imagine.

ChicagoJ
01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
That poor guy.

Justin Tyme
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
What's going to happen to those 2 children? Is Curry going to stand up and take them in to raise? He helped create them, so it's his responsibility to take care of them. That seems to be a novel idea in today's society, one that isn't a popular view with many men these days.

naptownmenace
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
What's going to happen to those 2 children? Is Curry going to stand up and take them in to raise? He helped create them, so it's his responsibility to take care of them. That seems to be a novel idea in today's society, one that isn't a popular view with many men these days.

I agree. However, he'll only have to take care of one of those 2 children. The 9-month old was also killed.

Just a reminder that we live in a very sick and twisted world. :(

ChicagoJ
01-29-2009, 04:11 PM

According to one thing I read in the Trib (don't have a link, sorry), it is believed he's been back in town since the slayings doing exactly that.

It also gave an account of his child support payments, which were pretty substantial.

On the dead-beat scale, I don't think he's even a blip. He's probably a good example other NBA players. Or, dare I say it, NBA front office executives.

:zip:

crunk-juice
01-29-2009, 04:35 PM
"mother of Eddy Curry's son"

uhh... okay? whats wrong with saying ex-girlfriend?

Brian
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM

good point

MillerTime
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM

I guess a women having his kid holds more significance than a girlfriend? I dont know im guess...

Girlfriends come and go, a women having your kid doesnt

grace
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM

Well, he's probably had a lot of girlfriends. As far as we know only 2 have had his children.