PDA

View Full Version : JO Gets Crushed, Trade Soon?

Pacers
01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before. This facial from Tyrus Thomas on JO is amazing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9OPEQZm8Cs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9OPEQZm8Cs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OPEQZm8Cs

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/story/2009/01/23/raptors-oneal-rumours.html

A potential big trade involving Jermaine O'Neal is reportedly moving forward as the struggling Toronto Raptors prepare to play the Bulls in Chicago on Friday (8:30 p.m. ET).
Rumours surfaced late last week that the Raptors are talking with the Miami Heat about a deal that would send centre O'Neal to Miami for forward Shawn Marion and perhaps another player.
I hesitate to tack the trade rumor onto the video, because I looked for a topic on the dunk, but not the trade, so again, sorry if any of this is old news.

Major Cold
01-24-2009, 05:06 PM
the dunk alone (no matter who it was on) should have its own thread.

Lord Helmet
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I feel bad for JO.

:(

Peck
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I stood and saluted the screen.

heywoode
01-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Miami is dumber than I thought if they are even entertaining that trade, WITHOUT adding another player on their end. I'd do JO straight up for Tinsley, if they swapped salaries too....Other than that, you can keep him.

I like JO, don't get me wrong, but he's washed up. Never gonna be healthy again, and doubtful to ever score 30 in a game again. I feel bad for the guy, but Bender had it a lot worse with his knees...At least JO has a nice family and a truckload of cash, and a big heart for charity. He's still a great guy...

Shade
01-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Ouch.

Anthem
01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow, that's a great dunk.

Oneal07
01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah I seen it last night. . .J.O. Stepped his game up after that tho. Got Thomas in foul trouble so he would sit his *** on the bench.

Tyrus is an immature basketball player. I'm suprised no one has knocked his annoying *** out yet. Just the small stuff he does on the court that is unnecessary especially after the play. That guy is annoying

There was also something said at the beginning of the broadcast about JO, How long will he be here. But I missed it cause I was in the other room. It's most likely going down

danman
01-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Can't take anything away from the dunk and posterization, flat out awesome.

But all great shotblockers get posterized eventually. If you run the patrol, sooner or later, you're going to take at hit. Mourning, Olajuwon, Ewing, all of them have taken it. Hell, I think Starks got Pippen and Jordan on the same dunk once.

MillerTime
01-24-2009, 08:14 PM
The trade rumoured is actually for Marion and Banks

MyFavMartin
01-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Should this be rolled into the JO trade speculation thread? ;)

croz24
01-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Miami is dumber than I thought if they are even entertaining that trade, WITHOUT adding another player on their end. I'd do JO straight up for Tinsley, if they swapped salaries too....Other than that, you can keep him.

I like JO, don't get me wrong, but he's washed up. Never gonna be healthy again, and doubtful to ever score 30 in a game again. I feel bad for the guy, but Bender had it a lot worse with his knees...At least JO has a nice family and a truckload of cash, and a big heart for charity. He's still a great guy...

well, he has scored 36pts this year, so that is a possibility. the pacers problem was we never traded this guy soon enough. pacers fans and the organization were enamored with his "statistics" and failed to realize his lack of leadership/health until it was too late.

not sure why the pacers don't attempt to acquire thomas. people can talk about a childish attitude all they want, but please remember, thomas is only 22. he is slowly gaining consistency and regardless of any lack of offense he may have, the kid has tremendous defensive potential.

RaptorsFan
01-25-2009, 07:08 AM
JO scored 36 against the Clippers, he can still have nights scoring 30, believe that. He isnt really in game shape yet putting up about 14/8.

Shade
01-25-2009, 12:00 PM
JO scored 36 against the Clippers, he can still have nights scoring 30, believe that. He isnt really in game shape yet putting up about 14/8.

And he never will be again.

His knees are just shot. He can still put together nice stretches from time to time, but it's more akin to the other O'Neal at this stage. He can't do it consistently anymore.