PDA

View Full Version : Granger's old-man-moves (from hoopshype)

BKK
01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/2009/01/24/old-man-moves/

source: Hoopshype
by: Eddie Johnson

Maybe this should go to the Granger appreciation trade so mods feel free to move it

themayhem87
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
he's as smooth of a wing player as there is in the league. He just needs some help and our team will be set for quite a while. And we got him at an unbelievable price looking back at the contract we signed him to earlier this year

McKeyFan
01-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice to see Danny getting some love.

Danny has a really quick release. And not just release. He goes from dribbling to stopping, pulling up and shooting in a really quick instant. This is why he is getting last second shots off regularly.

I have been skeptical of his consistency in the past, but he has made a real believer out of me.

Hicks
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
That was a fun little read. Thanks for sharing that.

imawhat
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Eddie was making a lot of similar comments in the Pacers/Suns broadcast. One thing he mentioned in the broadcast was that Granger doesn't jump much on his shots. Very astute observation.

kester99
01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice find, BKK. Thanks.

YoSoyIndy
01-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Hopefully Old Man Moves means Danny is playing at a high level for a long time.

Will Galen
01-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Hopefully Old Man Moves means Danny is playing at a high level for a long time.

I don't see why not baring injury. To play under the rim doesn't take a lot of athletic ability, so he's not going to lose anything to age. Maybe he will stay with the Pacers and play until he's 40 like Reggie.

If he does he will have a slew of Pacer records.

tde3000
01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
i think this really supports the granger=batman thing: batman doesnt have any superpowers, and granger isn't an exceptional athlete or has a supernjump or something, they both use their wits.
or something.

McKeyFan
01-25-2009, 04:37 PM
i think this really supports the granger=batman thing: batman doesnt have any superpowers, and granger isn't an exceptional athlete or has a supernjump or something, they both use their wits.
or something.

I think Granger IS a tremendous athlete. Have you seen some of his blocks?

But it is very interesting that he plays offense without using all that athleticism, "under the rim" if you will. I think Artest plays the same way. Either of them, if they want (which they seldom do, it seems) can attempt to fly down the paint and throw down a tomahawk.

BKK
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
That was a fun little read. Thanks for sharing that.

Nice find, BKK. Thanks.

You're welcome guys :)

OrganizedConfusion
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Sums up Danny's game perfectly. Personally I am a fan of the old man moves, it certainly doesn't hurt to play smart.

When I think of old man moves Jalen Rose comes to mind as the last of the old school fundamental type players, a guy who had one foot in the new school since he was flashy at times but most of his substance was old school. Remember how he was 6-7 but he almost never dunked? You gotta love that.

NuffSaid
01-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't see why not baring injury. To play under the rim doesn't take a lot of athletic ability, so he's not going to lose anything to age. Maybe he will stay with the Pacers and play until he's 40 like Reggie.

If he does he will have a slew of Pacer records.
JINX!!!! (re: Danny's knee injury)